What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eric grothe

strider

Post Whore
They do know how to be better, don't rush in when you outnumber your opposition in defense.

And my mediocrity comeback was at least as good as your "let them be crybabies, I'm a real supporterblahblahblah" that we get every time somebody dares blame a guilty man for costing us yet another game.

I'll stop being a crybaby when you and the rest of the superior brigade stop being skirts. Grothe is a hack, end of.
ummm - if you are gonna put it in quotes as if I actually said it then please back it up mate - I never said anyone doesn't support parra - I just think they go on like sooks .... darren lockyer doesn't put in a lovely kick on the buzzer tonight and we win a golden point game, then I'm willing to bet so one is crying in a dozen threads all with the same purpose

btaag

Juniors
Cannot handle losing - that is offensive. It is pretty clear who lost the game tonight, and who is trying to take the faux moral high ground by putting the win down to 2 good kicks. Take a look at the 100 odd tries Grothe has let in in the last 2 years.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
and the old "he gets paid alot" call ..... fmd - they are professional footballers - its how it is ...... I am NOT a particularly big grothe fan - I think he can be f'n lazy, makes bad decisions and is off with the pixies alot of the time - but the stupid sooking that happens on here is a f'n joke

So you think he deserves yet another chance? tell me where Brisbane aimed there play at tonight?

- seriously ...... you defended tim smith despite his inadequacies - cos he also has ability and is doing the best with what he gets presented with

Yes and he proved he wasn't a liability by leading us to two prelim finals, twice second on the try assist list as well as rookie of the year

do go on

I think its the same with grothe - he gets good support inside him and he goes ok - he'll still **** up at times, but the support will help cover he's getting blamed for 4 tries tonight

No, he has been in the game close to a decade, has never gotten a hold on defense, his inside cover was just fine tonight against a good Broncos outfit, he was the piece of the puzzle that wasn't present, the vast majority agree.

seriously anyone who blames him for the 2 kick tries is just plain dumb!!! - they were f'n good kicks, there was nothing he could have changed to stop them
you remember his offloads tonight just to add a little salt?

btaag

Juniors
I can see that Reddy and Grothe was a recipe for disaster, but seriously, drop Grothe, put Tautai at 5 or 3. Lets see if there will be the same rushing out and tries being scored....

Grothe needs a spell in reserves.

We did well tonight. We should have won. I am just shattered by the ending, but was friustrated by the tries Grothe let-in during the game.

strider

Post Whore
ok - fine .... you are all so so right - and i am just so so wrong ..... i'll leave you all to it

Ron Jeremy

Coach
hahaha i hope his fender or Onyx or whatever tripe guitar he plays breaks in a middle of a set, even his guitar playing is ****.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
ok - fine .... you are all so so right - and i am just so so wrong ..... i'll leave you all to it

Strider, mate he was the reason why we lost, and believe me, go through my previous posts i'm no fan of Reddys but Eric was at fault tonight!

Fathead

Bench

Its OK Strides but for the life of me I cant work out why both you and Coach Sterling dont see what the rest of us sees regarding Grothe.

He HAS let in more tries through coming off his wing than he has scored.
It IS well known in league circles that he comes in and oppostion teams do coach to attck his wing knowing he comes in.

Mr Slippery Eel

Juniors
hey - please take a look at this f'n forum - it lights up with a dozen sooking threads cos ppl can't handle losing .... I'm not patronising - just calling it as it is - seriously!

and the old "he gets paid alot" call ..... fmd - they are professional footballers - its how it is ...... I am NOT a particularly big grothe fan - I think he can be f'n lazy, makes bad decisions and is off with the pixies alot of the time - but the stupid sooking that happens on here is a f'n joke - seriously ...... you defended tim smith despite his inadequacies - cos he also has ability and is doing the best with what he gets presented with - I think its the same with grothe - he gets good support inside him and he goes ok - he'll still **** up at times, but the support will help cover

he's getting blamed for 4 tries tonight ..... seriously anyone who blames him for the 2 kick tries is just plain dumb!!! - they were f'n good kicks, there was nothing he could have changed to stop them

if he stayed on his man and let the inside men and the cover do there job, he may have been closer and could have possibly put enough pressure on his opposite to save the try. Rather than chase the winger and the time the tackle is made the guy is closer enough to slide over the line.:crazy: Grothe on the wing......

Last edited:

btaag

Juniors
I agree many posters sook quite alot. BUT I feel justified in having a say about Grothe's performance tonight. He lost us the game. We played so well, fought back amazingly. And lost. It is tragic. I hope we can fight back after putting in such a spirited performance.
I will feel better in the morning, but at the moment am shattered.

strider

Post Whore
Strider, mate he was the reason why we lost, and believe me, go through my previous posts i'm no fan of Reddys but Eric was at fault tonight!
no .... the reason we lost tonight was because we fell off massively for a fair chunk of the 2nd half - the defense lost its intensity, their play the ball sped up and we got caught flat footed - thats where current day compacted defense, like we and just about every team tend to play gets caught out on the wings cos the opposition just get numbers and roll over ineffective defense .... when it happens the ONLY way to stop it is for someone to rush out and make a big play to stop a player - which I reckon is what eric is being told to do .... unfortunately he's very hit and miss and not great at it ..... but the ultimate problem is that its happening TOO OFTEN cos our defense goes soft up the guts which leaves us flat footed.

that and darren lockyer - they grew an extra set of balls when he was on the field tonight ...... he is class - he has the ball on a string - his kicks bounce just how he wants them to - he has great vision and he runs the ball brilliantly and gets his teammates running with him

Fathead

Bench
no .... the reason we lost tonight was because we fell off massively for a fair chunk of the 2nd half - the defense lost its intensity, their play the ball sped up and we got caught flat footed - thats where current day compacted defense, like we and just about every team tend to play gets caught out on the wings cos the opposition just get numbers and roll over ineffective defense .... when it happens the ONLY way to stop it is for someone to rush out and make a big play to stop a player - which I reckon is what eric is being told to do .... unfortunately he's very hit and miss and not great at it ..... but the ultimate problem is that its happening TOO OFTEN cos our defense goes soft up the guts which leaves us flat footed.

that and darren lockyer - they grew an extra set of balls when he was on the field tonight ...... he is class - he has the ball on a string - his kicks bounce just how he wants them to - he has great vision and he runs the ball brilliantly and gets his teammates running with him

Christ - Strider,

We were great tonight and matched it with a very good team. Locky is a champion but take Grothe out of the picture and put a half decent winger there and we win by about 12 points.
End of story.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I have seen games of footy{ not nrl level} where teams have had largest winners -fast wingers if running in straight line{ ok park footy} but have seen them defend against 2 or 3 on one situations against a lot nibble and smaller players by only staying on their wing and marking the last defender. If you mark the last defender eg winger and don't come in, it puts the inside men in two minds. The problem with Eric { and he is one of may favorite players} is the oppostion know he will come in all the the time - no matter what, even if his inside players have the opposition marked, so all teams know attack his side.

eel4life

Juniors
10 - 0 and we lose by 4 ...

mate that is rubbish ...

Manly had a player sent of tonight for something that at worst was a lazy high tackle .. and guess what manly won ... time for excuses is over, after this season get rid of whoever is dead wood ... but they will not do that ..

and next week, wait for it

parramatta searching for excuses,
parramatta searching for perfection
parramatta searching for a win ....

i am sick of this team i am sick of paying money to watch a coach put players who every friggin week kill you ...

you know what, it is not the players fault, its the person who puts them in ...

I used to say hagan will be good for us, we should of signed ricky stuart or a coach who has the balls to get rid of the rubbish that has been dished up ... better performance yes, better attitude yes, but same rubbish at the end ... and yes like the idiot that i am i will go and watch parra play next week, because i will think we played well, we will win, they do care, the players want to win for us and everything, but they do not, soft tries again, i will go and watch the coach put in the same team and watch the same result ...

but i am the biggest idiot who goes back to watch this rubbish we constantly throw up every week, i am the biggest idiot who cares about this team ...

Last edited:

Utey

Coach
Needs to be dropped, although TBH it's more Reddy who pushes in too far.

We always seem to be short on numbers on that side.

stuke

Bench
just thinking of ideas of how we could utilise him best. it's clear that he has difficulties in defence and Burt is ineffective in running the ball back and gaining valuable metres - something that Eric is good at. basically he still provides the benefit to the team through his running but is less targetted in defence. wouldn't make for much of a change to the teams structure either.

i do think that a move to the forwards, and the associated amount of defence he would have to get through would mean his attack would be severely diminished. he would be looking for the bench after the first 5.

woddy

Juniors
eric to stay he has his own idea better than none?????? ben is to slow up and in defence in line to slow or fast so we'll se