What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eric grothe

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hello All

I am a long term eels supporter { I remember the days when our star signing was Ian Gately } and have been reading this forum for the last couple of years without ever signing up / posting but I think tonight is the right time as gee Eric is frustrating me

Hey all the tries tonight and several for the other games for the year may not all be Eric's fault but he must be doing something wrong. You only blame his inside men so many times.

Gee four tries on his wing tonight something must be wrong

btaag

Juniors
May as well repeat this post here -

Please. Do not dare defend Eric Grothe. Not for this game or 90% of games over the last two seasons. He has conceeded far more tries than he has scored, is a defensive liability, and lost us this game. It is a tragedy that the boys fought so hard, only for him to once again lose it.

Almost all of the tries tonight were down his wing.

I feel like cutting up my season tickets at the moment thinking he will be in the team again next week. It is pathetic.

Apologies, but I am heart broken. To see the boys fight back with so many amazing tries only for us to throw it away is a joke!!!!!:x:(

Fathead

Bench
I'm not saying he's playing well, but clearly we had overlaps to his side tonight. We need to address the defensive structure on the left rather than bagging the man on the end of the chain.

TBH, I think he'll drop himself soon anyway...

There is NO way that he will drop himself and there is no way that Hagan will drop him. End of story.

strider

Post Whore
You are not serious!! We had them numbered each of those first 3 tries...but the dumbest winger in rugby league likes to rush up!!!

He doesnt even move up in the defensive line!
hang on a tick numbnuts ...... make up your f'n mind ..... which one is it?

you just wanna hang **** on him cos its your favourite pass-time - seriously .... damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hello All

I am a long term eels supporter { I remember the days when our star signing was Ian Gately } and have been reading this forum for the last couple of years without ever signing up / posting but I think tonight is the right time as gee Eric is frustrating me

Hey all the tries tonight and several for the other games for the year may not all be Eric's fault but he must be doing something wrong. You only blame his inside men so many times.

Gee four tries on his wing tonight something must be wrong

Good stuff, mate i'm an eric fan, but thos year he's been inept defensively, he has to go, he has now cost us two games this year.

Mr Slippery Eel

Juniors
I think that the right side of the defence is lacking, 4 tries to their winger, basically says it all. In Eric's defence there were a couple of times we were outnumbered, however with him continually coming up and in, does not allow our defence to slide across effectively, so instead being 3 on 2 and at very least trying to make it hard for them to score, coming in makes it 3 on 1. Giving the cover no chance and a massive hole for a semi to drive threw.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
don't worry - let the cry babies vent

it seems to me parra fans are most content when they have something to sook about ..... we took a major step forward tonight - yet the sooks jump in with a million threads to make themselves feel better - pretty lame

With the way you love to pretend you're superior to us while accepting absolute mediocrity from highly paid sportsmen, I'd swear you were working at the club.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
aarrhhh, I feel sorry for whatever winger replaces Grothe next week defending outside clowns like Reddy. Good like Taulima, you'll need it.

strider

Post Whore
look i'm not here to pile **** on reddy - cos reddy played some f'n great footy ON THE WING in prior games

but as far as I can recall, the right hand defense was pretty solid when Eric wasn't partnered with Joel this year - and has been pretty bad when they have been together .... no way in hell do I think eric is even a good defender, he's poor - but he goes a hell of alot better when he and joel aren't partnered ..... I'm not blaming joel - its just that I don't think they go well together - i think the coaching staff need to deal with that

JTB

Juniors
hang on a tick numbnuts ...... make up your f'n mind ..... which one is it?

you just wanna hang **** on him cos its your favourite pass-time - seriously .... damned if he does, damned if he doesn't?

He doesnt move up in the defensine line...then when he realises he is about to be caught out, he sprints out....He does it every ****ing time!! NO ONE CAN DEFEND HIM THIS TIME MATEY!

strider

Post Whore
With the way you love to pretend you're superior to us while accepting absolute mediocrity from highly paid sportsmen, I'd swear you were working at the club.
ahhhh - the good old "you love mediocrity" comeback - another all time beauty from the parra fans

i don't think i'm better than anyone .... infact i'd say all those sooking about grothe are the ones with the inflated egos - they seem to think they all know how to be a better NRL winger

JTB

Juniors
aarrhhh, I feel sorry for whatever winger replaces Grothe next week defending outside clowns like Reddy. Good like Taulima, you'll need it.

Give him a chance and we will see.

Reddy has been our best player so far this season...he is always solid

parra001

Juniors
ahhhh - the good old "you love mediocrity" comeback - another all time beauty from the parra fans

i don't think i'm better than anyone .... infact i'd say all those sooking about grothe are the ones with the inflated egos - they seem to think they all know how to be a better NRL winger

compared to eric yes i do

COACH STERLING

Juniors
hell am I missing something ???? Brother did we watch the same game of football ?????????

Yeah and so your opinion differs to mine. Does that bother you?
You don't think there were overlaps on Grothes side tonight on atleast 2 or 3 occasions?

Latest posts