What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

renouf

Juniors
Outside of St. George, Brisbane look like the only other contender, but really, I don't think we have the team 1-17 to knock off St.George come finals time. That said, we have had their measure since they've been under Bennett, so I wouldn't put it past us.

It just shows you how weak the competition is.

beads6

First Grade
I said at the start of the season that Melbourne will win it. IMO Cowboys, Dragons and maybe my Broncos can knock them off.

thommo4pm

Coach
I said at the start of the season that Melbourne will win it. IMO Cowboys, Dragons and maybe my Broncos can knock them off.

I don't think a full strength Melbourne this year can beat a full strength Manly, Brisbane or Dragons.
They have some quality players no doubt, superstars of the game, but I believe from 1-17 at full strength the other sides are more talented.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There is a big 4 this year, we're one of them, we're going to make some noise in the finals.

Cowboys and Storm won't go past the 2nd week of the finals, the biggest contenders right now are Manly, Brisbane and St George. We beat 2 of them and were literally cm's away from beating the third.

Right now we're one of the form teams of the comp, we'll finish 6th, we'll go deep into the finals. We are one of the 4 teams who have a chance of winning it all.

cleary89

Coach
There is a big 4 this year, we're one of them, we're going to make some noise in the finals.

Cowboys and Storm won't go past the 2nd week of the finals, the biggest contenders right now are Manly, Brisbane and St George. We beat 2 of them and were literally cm's away from beating the third.

Right now we're one of the form teams of the comp, we'll finish 6th, we'll go deep into the finals. We are one of the 4 teams who have a chance of winning it all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

:lol::lol:

You played one decent game tonight - solid but nothing more.
To put the team on a pedestal or on a par with the top 4 over the course of the season shows you have an addiction to hallucinogens.

blaza88z

Coach
This idiot's team beats the titans who are near the worse team in the comp, then beats the broncos in a swamp with patches of grass, then brags about how his team (whom are currently 10th on the ladder with other games still to be played) are genuine premiership contenders.

If this guy isn't a troll, i'll give up.

AuDragon

Juniors

Thank you so much for that. I was a bit down, but nothing like one of your ramblings to make it all better with a good lol@50uff$

POPEYE

Coach
The term 'win' in the thread I presume refers to the gf. If that's the case it's a dumb statement. Anyone of 8 will be able to win a lottery that can be influenced by a host of variables, most of which have nothing to do with talent.

The term 'win' in the thread I presume refers to the gf. If that's the case it's a dumb statement. Anyone of 8 will be able to win a lottery that can be influenced by a host of variables, most of which have nothing to do with talent.

Such profound wisdom.

Your sage like insights are enlightening.

Do you drink your own bath water?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
FFS can you lay off the pipe for one day at least pops?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Lol can also assume he means only 3 sides look likely to be in the running.

Even though any team from 1-8 has a chance after rd 26 you have to take into consideration that 7-8 have to play 4 consecutive do or die matches to get there which would be extremely psychologically draining. 5-6 would have a similar issue.

bottle

Coach
So you don't consider the Premiers the winners, we get it. The fact that last years Premiers kept their opponents to nil in 4 out of 6 halves of football has nothing to do with talent and consistency, we get it. You think the Minor Premiers should be considered the winners, we get it. You love Melbourne and support salary cap cheating, we get it.
One question, why do you bother following this game that has had a finals series now for many decades? Watch the Premier League, a few rich clubs dominate and its first past the post, right up your alley.

bottle

Coach
People please, don't diss Lookatmeman. The Bunnies are a powerhouse and they are on a roll!
Look at the facts -
They have won 6 from 16, that's less than 50%. Oh wait, that's bad.
Ok, they have won two games in a row twice, and three games in a row once (including beating the bye). Oh wait, that's not too flash either.
Umm, they have no byes in hand whilst two of the teams above them have one bye in hand. No, still not good.
They are equal on 16 points with such 2011 Premiership powerhouses as the Tiges and the Dogs. Sorry, just loled at that myself.
They have the worst points differential than any of the other teams on 16 points.

Actually, they're shit.

Lol

POPEYE

Coach
I do like fishing. Pity the waters are full of useless carp.

One day I may catch something worth giving a kiss and throwing back. Too easy

Cliffhanger

Coach
I'm pretty sure after you kissed it the fish would prefer to die. It would be pretty difficult even for a fish to live the disgust.

It would be like this.

96089cca74e0a83f6f20c14326a5-medium.jpg

Latest posts