What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

Hutty1986

Immortal
In my opinion, the failure of the referees to adjudicate on Boyd's feeble attempt to play-the-ball and Smith's kneeing Tuqiri in the back were more contentious, particularly given their timing in the match and the field position that the Tigers would have enjoyed if either decision had been made in the Tigers' favour. But speculation on what could have happened is pointless and besides, the better team won the game. Given their dominance over the past two seasons it was fitting that St George went on to win the GF the following week.

I agree re. Boyd, that was a big call. I suppose the Smith-Lote incident is a little bit more contentious, because he was completing a tackle though leading with his knees was a bloody stupid thing to do. Although I respected the chooks then and still do, that was just about our GF because of the mental hurdles from 05' and the way Benji carved us up then. A very, very intense game!

isaiah

Bench
the bulldogs failing to beat the broncs or the dragons in the last month puts them at a big disadvantage come finals time. they should be good enough to make the 8, but just be cannon fodder for one of the better sides

nrlnrl

First Grade
I reckon you can throw in Manly who will have a pretty good run over the next 2 months during State of Origin & they have some key players who are in form. Kieran Foran is emerging as one of the top 10 players in the comp & Glen Stewart is back in form. I think Foran is as vital to the Sea Eagles as Thurston is to the Cowboys, his vision & skill is way beyond his experience.

j0nesy

Bench
the bulldogs failing to beat the broncs or the dragons in the last month puts them at a big disadvantage come finals time. they should be good enough to make the 8, but just be cannon fodder for one of the better sides

I disagree, I think the Bulldogs are a chance. They will continue to improve throughout the year. At this stage I rate the teams as follows:

1. Dragons
2. Storm
3. Manly
4. Brisbane
5. Bulldogs

jamoss

Juniors
dragons are very rigid and structured and good at grinding out a win, but it does get boring to watch at times.. but if there's one thing ive learnt watching NRL over the years its that you cant really tell who is going to make a charge for into the semis.. Every year a team surprises you and its very hard to tell at round 10 who its going to be..

Last year it was Roosters, they could have easily been given up for dead 10 games out but they made the GF.. Storm, Dragons and Broncos are all looking good right now but i wouldnt discount Bulldogs or Manly or Tigers as being the team to charge and score some luck at the right time.. If i were to bet i would say when its down to 4 teams Dragons and Storm will probably be there but the other 2 spots are wide open..

isaiah

Bench
I disagree, I think the Bulldogs are a chance. They will continue to improve throughout the year. At this stage I rate the teams as follows:

1. Dragons
2. Storm
3. Manly
4. Brisbane
5. Bulldogs

broncs are back in form and the cowboys are looking good

Charlie124

First Grade
Cows have lost TOnga for possibly the season, though.

Gav Cooper is handling the centres well, and Brent Tate should only be a few weeks away now (round 16). Also, i dont think Tongas injury was going to see him miss the rest of the season anyway.

isaiah

Bench
i cant see manly keeping this run together for long, i think they will drop back to 5th-8th and drop from the finals with hardly a whimper

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane won't stay strong for long, Manly on the other hand I think have shades of 2008 about them. It'll be between Manly, Saints, Melbourne and one other bolter for the premiership.

I can only hope that bolter is my club :pray:

i dont think anyone can write of the tigers if they can get there full strength squad out there
Lawrence and Ayshford could be the most damaging centre pairing the tigers have ever had

Joker's Wild

Coach
Brisbane won't stay strong for long, Manly on the other hand I think have shades of 2008 about them. It'll be between Manly, Saints, Melbourne and one other bolter for the premiership.

I can only hope that bolter is my club :pray:

This gets said about the Broncos every year and only once have they missed out on September footy.

Their young blokes have been outstanding

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm still lolling at people ruling Tigers out. They're inconsistent as shit, but all they have to do is make the finals & they can win it.

Latest posts