What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

POPEYE

Coach
So you don't consider the Premiers the winners, we get it. The fact that last years Premiers kept their opponents to nil in 4 out of 6 halves of football has nothing to do with talent and consistency, we get it. You think the Minor Premiers should be considered the winners, we get it. You love Melbourne and support salary cap cheating, we get it.
One question, why do you bother following this game that has had a finals series now for many decades? Watch the Premier League, a few rich clubs dominate and its first past the post, right up your alley.

This seems a fair post so it needs an answer. The Dragons proved they were the best team by winning the most games in a season. That effort needs much more recognition than it gets.

Since everyone is complacent about recognising the fact by simply giving the Dragons merely a name on a shield and pissant consideration, I take it upon myself to belittle the gf series through sarcasm.

The 'minor' premiership takes 26 gruelling rounds full of all sorts of obstacles. The GF series of games is nothing in comparison. Be that as it may, the GF is the jewel in the crown of league and I have no problems

with all the hoop-la and importance everyone, most importantly players, place on it. It should be recognised though that the 'minor premiership' is the crown on which the jewels reside.

There are two separate competitions and both should have equal billing. With absolutely no reason to treat one as superior to the other it would be beneficial for the game to dish out the kudos equally.

carncowboys

Juniors
Cowboys sitting in 4th and havnt had a full strength side all year. Beat Melbourne and Brisbane and got done by Manly with no Thurston or Scott. We'll give it a push if we stay fit.

isaiah

Bench
interesting that greg alexander said the other day that he thought broncs and cowboys would both finish in the top 4. wonder which of st george, melb, or manly he thinks will drop out

_Johnsy

Referee
This seems a fair post so it needs an answer. The Dragons proved they were the best team by winning the most games in a season. That effort needs much more recognition than it gets.

Since everyone is complacent about recognising the fact by simply giving the Dragons merely a name on a shield and pissant consideration, I take it upon myself to belittle the gf series through sarcasm.

The 'minor' premiership takes 26 gruelling rounds full of all sorts of obstacles. The GF series of games is nothing in comparison. Be that as it may, the GF is the jewel in the crown of league and I have no problems

with all the hoop-la and importance everyone, most importantly players, place on it. It should be recognised though that the 'minor premiership' is the crown on which the jewels reside.

There are two separate competitions and both should have equal billing. With absolutely no reason to treat one as superior to the other it would be beneficial for the game to dish out the kudos equally.

Crapola.

There is only one real competition, and that is the one that starts with 8 sides on 9th September and ends on October 2nd.

proto

Juniors
More weight should be put on winning the league over 26 rounds. Its quite the feat & is the most common sense way to show who the best team was overall in a year, but of course theres more to it then that, for TV, fans etc etc.

RockWheel

Bench
More weight should be put on winning the league over 26 rounds. Its quite the feat & is the most common sense way to show who the best team was overall in a year, but of course theres more to it then that, for TV, fans etc etc.

What about the fact that we don't have a complete double round robin schedule. And the rep season which weakons some teams. First past the post isn't perfect at the moment, and the finals can eliminate some of these problems.

some11

Referee
Souths will fight out for a place in 2011 GF.

eyeomfg.gif

Apey

Staff member
Old man Galeforce has probably thought that since 1972.... poor bastard.

Latest posts