What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even this early, is there only 3 who can win?

anjado

Juniors
The refereeing??? You mean the two questionable penalties that piggy-backed the Tigers upfield and lead to their tries?

Nothing wrong with our forwards, they're just about the best performing pack in the comp and have been for two years!

The referring was very poor in the first half of that game. I don't support the tigers but the referring was terrible. It kept St George in the game i truly believe this it isn't jealousy i couldn't care less about such petty shit but the referring in this game was very questionable.

Dragons deserve praise for being consistently very good week in week out for the past 3 years. But every time they have lost in this time it is because there forwards have let them down if they lose this season it will be for this reason.

It has already happened once Cronulla bashed St George out of the game it will happen again.

Last edited:

LatK7

First Grade
The referring was very poor in the first half of that game. I don't support the tigers but the referring was terrible. It kept St George in the game i truly believe this it isn't jealousy i couldn't care less about such petty shit but the referring in this game was very questionable.

Dragons deserve praise for being consistently very good week in week out for the past 3 years. But every time they have lost in this time it is because there forwards have let them down if they lose this season it will be for this reason.

It has already happened once Cronulla bashed St George out of the game it will happen again.

lol...

thommo4pm

Coach

A 7-1 record would suggest our pack is going ok.
You don't think the other sides tried to bash us?

The whole team was poor against the Sharks, and they had a try given to them (the Sharks) which saw a rule change made the following weekend (Pomeroy's 2nd try). Take that away and it's 10-10.
We lost Weyman early in the match also.

Never mind the fact that our pack had to travel to England and back, then the Gold Coast, NZ & Newcastle all before the end of Round 4.
Pretty decent effort to be now sitting at 7-1 if you ask me.

anjado

Juniors
Where have i said St George are a bad side ? They are favourite's for the competition. But if they lose it will all be down to there forwards like it always is. Is this really so difficult for you all to comprehend ?

The refereeing??? You mean the two questionable penalties that piggy-backed the Tigers upfield and lead to their tries?

Nothing wrong with our forwards, they're just about the best performing pack in the comp and have been for two years!

In my opinion, the failure of the referees to adjudicate on Boyd's feeble attempt to play-the-ball and Smith's kneeing Tuqiri in the back were more contentious, particularly given their timing in the match and the field position that the Tigers would have enjoyed if either decision had been made in the Tigers' favour. But speculation on what could have happened is pointless and besides, the better team won the game. Given their dominance over the past two seasons it was fitting that St George went on to win the GF the following week.

Gaba

First Grade
In my opinion, the failure of the referees to adjudicate on Boyd's feeble attempt to play-the-ball and Smith's kneeing Tuqiri in the back were more contentious, particularly given their timing in the match and the field position that the Tigers would have enjoyed if either decision had been made in the Tigers' favour. But speculation on what could have happened is pointless and besides, the better team won the game. Given their dominance over the past two seasons it was fitting that St George went on to win the GF the following week.

referees mistake in favour of the tigers
the morris dive on the ball where there was no dummy half near the tigers try line shouldnt have been a penalty, would have ended in a try for the dragons

the forward pass were morris was in the clear, should not have been called

the morris dive on the ball where there was no dummy half near the tigers try line shouldnt have been a penalty, would have ended in a try for the dragons

I can't remember either of those being mentioned at the time. I certainly can't remember the Dragons being denied a certain try. However, I don't wish to revisit the game because as I said earlier, the Dragons deserved to win.

Vic Mackey

Referee

the first one was 50/50 however i believe the penalty count was 5-0 dragons at the time, we were due for one

the forward pass was countered by one being called against us 3 tackles later when we were 20 out that was fine

btw was sheens on the sidelines after halftime?

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Yo tigers fans

Worlds+Smallest+Violin.jpg

super_coach

First Grade
Getting back to 2011---Their is only one team that is going to beat the Dragons and thats the Tigers or should I re phrase capable of beating the Dragons. Because their the only team that ON THEIR DAY can penetrate the Dragons defensive line.

The big question is--will the tigers get enough wins to get a crack at the Dragons. But really the Dragons will beat most sides nine times out of ten at present, their a team that really do the little things well and are as boring as bat sh,t to watch

Goddo

Bench
I always find myself thinking when people criticise the Dragons consistency

"why the fk aren't other teams as disciplined?" There are guys in the Dragons who were dead sh!ts at other teams

It is down to attitude. When teams like Melbourne, Brisbane and St George can be this disciplined, it just makes teams like Penrith, Parramatta look like a bunch of dip sh!ts.

Gaba

First Grade
the first one was 50/50 however i believe the penalty count was 5-0 dragons at the time, we were due for one

the forward pass was countered by one being called against us 3 tackles later when we were 20 out that was fine

btw was sheens on the sidelines after halftime?

sheens has been in the coaches box in every game so far against the dragons.

maybe if sheens was on the sideline after half time in the prem final, the result could have been different

lucky for the dragons they were good enough for that not too happen

Vic Mackey

Referee
So is part of the dragons gameplan to keep sheens in the coaches box?

What do they do, spend all week practicing locking the door?

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
So is part of the dragons gameplan to keep sheens in the coaches box?

What do they do, spend all week practicing locking the door?
:lol: :lol:

Getting back to your point about the penalty count being 5-0, though .. can't really say that you were due for one, because your game plan was specifically targeted at slowing down the PTB so much that the referees had no option. Combine it with the number of times the Tigers' defensive line was 3m offside because they rushed up too quickly, but no penalty was given ..

Either way, it was a tense match and was virtually the real GF in terms of intensity given the Roosters turned up far too 'relaxed' the week after.

You can't tell right now TBH. The one thing you can say is that St George and Melbourne will be there at seasons end, pushing for the premiership but even then someone else can win it.

Bulldogs, Tigers, Broncos are the other teams who will round off the top five IMO. They are all quality sides, and the former two are just a bit inconsistent ATM, while the Broncos are in a rich vein of form.

Despite, the Raiders languishing in last place, I can't see us in this form for too much longer. With the quality we have, this isn't characteristic, and with the likes of Dugan, Tongue and Campese returning in the coming weeks, it is only a matter of time before we click. I can see a 2010-esque situation for us, where we leave it late, finish 5-8, and put up a fight in the finals.

Manly, IMO, are showing they are a quality side and will be there or thereabouts in September, while you cannot write of the Roosters.

What we an take from previous years is that most teams can win it, as long as they aren't too far behind come around round 20.

LOL so mate, whats your team line up for 2012? Because season 2011 is a write off for you scum :)

Saint Doc

Coach
It's almost already too late for Canberra. They need to win a minimum of 11 from 16 to scrape into the 8

Frailty

First Grade
It's almost already too late for Canberra. They need to win a minimum of 11 from 16 to scrape into the 8

If Canberra produce the form they had in the back half of last year, they could well do that!

Super Coach said:
Getting back to 2011---Their is only one team that is going to beat the Dragons and thats the Tigers or should I re phrase capable of beating the Dragons. Because their the only team that ON THEIR DAY can penetrate the Dragons defensive line.

Forgetting Round 2?

user_nat

Coach

The key to beating the Dragons is defending better than the Dragons, not amazing attack.