What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Team Names

toomuchsoup

Juniors
I’ve just seen possibly the best team name I can ever recall.

In the US rugby league..

The North Bay Dead Pelicans.

california-rugby-league-north-bay-dead-pelicans.png

Maybe there’s opportunity for an expansion team to have a double-barrelled nick name. Dead Pelicans - while awesome - is a bit out there but it’d be absolutely unique if a team came in with something like..

Flying Horsemen
Charging Bulls
Rainbow Serpents
Angry Bull Ants
Big Wave Riders
Brisbane Dead Hawks

I don’t mind Brisbane Utd.

First of all, get the city behind you. Then slowly, organically develop a nickname.

We have to remember when Souths and Easts started the comp, they were the South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club (SSDRLFC) and Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club (ESDRLFC).

Hell, the Rabbitohs nickname was a slur.

Brisbane Utd actually gives the team a point of existence…

disparate RL fans looking for an alternative.
cmon… band together …we’re United.
It’s corny but a good rallying call and eschews plastic logo nicknames.

MugaB

Coach
Nah, bright orange and navy blue with a Trim of yellow. Hopefully they go mostly Orange to be different from the plethora of blue in the nrl.

View attachment 50852
Actually i love this orange, but i reckon, a purple, and trim of midnight navy/blue, would be a great mix for the firehawks (somewhat colors of the Phoenix Suns) ive always liked that combo

Colk

First Grade
Actually i love this orange, but i reckon, a purple, and trim of midnight navy/blue, would be a great mix for the firehawks (somewhat colors of the Phoenix Suns) ive always liked that combo

Agreed, Phoenix Suns have a good colour combo