What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion, where and when??

bobmar28

Bench
Perth has the most potential to grow the game. Has to be first in. CC is more goodwill and will bring back a lot of lost supporters. I think it's the best combination.

Qld really doesn't need another team
and isn't screaming out for one. If the league goes an extra FTA game on Saturday nights then yes Qld could do with some more content.

Yet NSW needs an 11th team?

bobmar28

Bench
Well I suppose we should start with TAS, then SA, then WA, then Norfolk Island.

Then we go with VIC for a 2nd team, and etc etc.

What is this obsession with the number of teams in NSW, ever checked the number of people in NSW ?

I agree QLD definitely needs another team, SE (not sure where).

The Bears bid and all the factors surrounding it, should if strong enough be accepted on it's own merits.

Not knocked on the head simply because it is in NSW.

NSW has 7 million people, QLD has 4 million.

bobmar28

Bench
Typical smartarse comments from a superleague club fan.

Why reward a club with relocation to Gosford when they can't survive on their home turf? If Cronulla are unviable again (how many times now?), then it's good bye.

As for the Bears and Souths, learn some history, you idiot.

If that happens then it frees up a franchise for CC.

lturner

Juniors
Please tell me the other area (other than the CC), that:

:Adjoins the traditional territory of a foundation club

:Has a state of the art ready to use stadium

:Is a league heartland

:Has a catchment of almost 1m people including thousands of fans crying our for their own team and or waiting for the reinstatement of a traditional club they have followed all their lives, and can pass onto their kids etc.

:Has a strong NRL bid, getting stronger by the day, that includes allready siged up multi-million dollar sposorships.

If this isn't one of your so-called ideal teams, then your definition of ideal differs greatly from mine.

Here we go, another rabid bears "supporter"!

Living in an internet dreamland where North Syndey and Gosford are, well practically side-by-side!!!!!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Here we go, another rabid bears "supporter"!

Living in an internet dreamland where North Syndey and Gosford are, well practically side-by-side!!!!!

Stupidity is no defence for baseless comments.

North Sydney, north shore, central coast - all physically attached, all within comfortable travel (freeways, trains etc).

Having melbourne in the NRL is like ptting fred Nile in a brothel. Sure, he could get naked - but the concept is totally alien to its surroundings.

The CC Bears has been and always will be the most obvious, easiest decision for over 10 years. Only corruption, incompetence and nepotism is preventing its progress.

lturner

Juniors

North Sydney, north shore, central coast - all physically attached, all within comfortable travel (freeways, trains etc).

Having melbourne in the NRL is like ptting fred Nile in a brothel. Sure, he could get naked - but the concept is totally alien to its surroundings.

The CC Bears has been and always will be the most obvious, easiest decision for over 10 years. Only corruption, incompetence and nepotism is preventing its progress.

Haha keep on dreaming Ronny. At least you're maintaining your sense of humour.

Maybe try and get a few of the bears fans down to NSO next year, they could use some support.

Its your forte.

:lol: Your delusional if you think a stadium lot of North Sydney supporters will travel up the freeway to Gosford.

Knew you were perverted.

Why not just sack your current management.

Why ??, they voted overwhelmingly to move there in the first place, instigated the contruction, partially funded it etc.

Some may make the effort on a continual basis. For the majority, they will find the travel tedious, then distasteful and not even considered for Friday & Monday night games.

No,

Manly Warringah (Northern Beaches) is a peninsula to the right, or eastern side of the North Shore, The North Shore extends friom Milsons Point up to approx the Hawksbury, where it meets the Central Coast region.

There is a pretty good map that is on the CC Bears website, I cant upload as I have less that 20 posts.

You do realise the bears have laid clain to a 70 odd kilometre stretch.
Why not claim Parramatta as a catchment area its within the 70km radius they claim.

No,

Manly Warringah (Northern Beaches) is a peninsula to the right, or eastern side of the North Shore, The North Shore extends friom Milsons Point up to approx the Hawksbury, where it meets the Central Coast region.

There is a pretty good map that is on the CC Bears website, I cant upload as I have less that 20 posts.

Looks like they have laid claims to the northern suburbs as well which would be parramatta territiory

The north shore has a population of just over 200k, so with the CC they are still well short of there 1m catchment claim

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Some may make the effort on a continual basis. For the majority, they will find the travel tedious, then distasteful and not even considered for Friday & Monday night games.

This is a laugh coming from Manly Scum.
Most of your supporters couldn't be arsed getting from Harbord to Brookvale after a long morning dealing drugs to teenagers on Freshwater Beach.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
No,

Looks like they have laid claims to the northern suburbs as well which would be parramatta territiory

The north shore has a population of just over 200k, so with the CC they are still well short of there 1m catchment claim

Why on earth are we justifying ourselves to you when your club of woman-bashers, ball grabbers, insurance frauds and incompetents launch from one disaster to another.

This Cronulla "development" has been promised for so long, it should be named "Pyramids".

You shoudn't laugh at the CC Bears, you idiot. It seems pretty clear to me that Gallop and a few other NRL/News lackeys are trying to wear the Bears down so they can relocate your basketcase club to Gosford.

The Beasr aren't even in teh NRL and they have secured a $5 million sponsorship - more than you losers have managed in decades.

Gallop you do realise he works for Murdoch and did so in the superleague war you seem to like to bring up so much.
Maybe if the Arl werent as weak as piss you could still goto NSO and have a team to support and dont get me started on the so called supports that could have turned up in ypour last year to help with the crowd critea, what did you avg the last year of your existence 8500k.
Or maybe you could direct your anger at the norths officals that allowed a clause in there agreement with manly that allowed the nrl license to revert to manly if the joint venture failed.
I understand you are frustrated but sticks and stones wont help or cant you construct an arguement as to why you should have a team.
I will state for you one more time

"I LIKE THE IDEA OF A CC TEAM" but dont think they should get one in a market that is over saturated eg 10 nrl clubs within 200kms

As for my club yes i realise our finacial difficulties and would prefer to see them relocate to adelaide if need be.

Why on earth are we justifying ourselves to you when your club of woman-bashers, ball grabbers, insurance frauds and incompetents launch from one disaster to another.

Jason Taylor was a great example wasnt he. Im sure one little boy at the scg thinks so.

Im off to support my team- thats the good thing about the sharks they still exist

mightybears

Bench
No,

Strange how you continue to 'quote' dodgy stats. The six councils that make up the North Shore have an official population of over 455,000. Obviously the better question is how many are or can become NRL/league/CCB fans, but that sort of question is true of any area.

More importantly two of the five fastest growing LG Areas in Australia [Gosford and Wyong] have a combined pop of over 300,000. Prime league demography. Why do you think the Knights have gone all weird just recently re a reserve grade presence on the CC?

Last edited: