What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expectations - 2013

64 Dragon

Coach
I'd say that you walked into that one mate :lol:

:lol: There has been so much chatter on here lately that I am losing track of it all. I suppose we can now look forward to quieter times, unfortunately. I will have to go on JB and get into the political discussions I suppose.

Fire

First Grade
Spoon? No way.

I'll admit, only one week ago I was concerned about 2013, but

1. Price has one year under his belt, and the coaching staff will review and improve our attack in pre-season.
2. Weyman returns.
3. Back three of Beale, Nightingale, and Morris.
4. Hornby retiring, Kyle moving to half mid-way through the season.
5. The way Frizzell played the other night.
6. Our pack performed well against the Cowboys without Young and Scott.
7. A new Captain will freshen things up.
8. De Belin and Stockwell will be better for the game time they've got this Season.

2013 we'll make the Eight.

Cagey Mac

Bench
:lol: There has been so much chatter on here lately that I am losing track of it all. I suppose we can now look forward to quieter times, unfortunately. I will have to go on JB and get into the political discussions I suppose.
Now I think that Price is in no way qualified to coach the Dragons first grade side but I'd vote for him ahead of Gillard or Abbott to run the country. Now there's a couple of wooden spoon contenders if I've ever seen one.

64 Dragon

Coach
Now I think that Price is in no way qualified to coach the Dragons first grade side but I'd vote for him ahead of Gillard or Abbott to run the country. Now there's a couple of wooden spoon contenders if I've ever seen one.

So, are you saying you would prefer Steve Price to run the country in preference to Gillard or Abbott? Or you would prefer Price to run the Dragons in preference to Gillard or Abbott?

If we can somehow find a reasonable halfback in 6 months till the 2013 season starts, hell yeah we can 8. We have had a very ordinary season this year and are only a couple of wins out of Sept action.

If we can't find a half and we rely on Fein or Stanley I don't hold much hope. Nothing against them, but they won't win us another premiership.

Fingerbang

Bench
Spoon? No way.

1. Price has one year under his belt, and the coaching staff will review and improve our attack in pre-season.
2. Weyman returns.
8. De Belin and Stockwell will be better for the game time they've got this Season.

Kyle will be back before mid 2013

Fingerbang

Bench
Chase Stanley is the one worrying me. I know he missed a lot of footy, but whilst he has started to get consistant game time lately, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. He looked lost on more than a few occasions last night. If Cummings shows he can get ready for 1st grade next year, I don't mind Beale playing right centre.

Chase Stanley is the one worrying me. I know he missed a lot of footy, but whilst he has started to get consistant game time lately, he doesn't seem to be getting any better. He looked lost on more than a few occasions last night. If Cummings shows he can get ready for 1st grade next year, I don't mind Beale playing right centre.
Agree on this years form Chase is a liability.

saint06

Juniors
I'm pretty sure there will much of the same next year as this year - just too inconsistent and struggling to score points.

TheRev

Coach
Kyle will be back before mid 2013

Im just as worried about when he can begin training, because we did absolutely nothing to help his progression in 2012, and by mid next season, he will come in without match fitness, and still fresh faced & under pressure probably depending on the clubs form... and we will expect miracles.

Were still basing our future on 5 minutes at 5/8 :-/

Cagey Mac

Bench
So, are you saying you would prefer Steve Price to run the country in preference to Gillard or Abbott? Or you would prefer Price to run the Dragons in preference to Gillard or Abbott?
Labor is the Scarecrow and the Liberals are the Tin man so the former is what I meant but both now that you mention it. It's an easier job (PM) and Price hasn't shown that he's a mindless, selfish bastard so he's got the jump on the other two.

Fingerbang

Bench
Im just as worried about when he can begin training, because we did absolutely nothing to help his progression in 2012, and by mid next season, he will come in without match fitness, and still fresh faced & under pressure probably depending on the clubs form... and we will expect miracles.

Were still basing our future on 5 minutes at 5/8 :-/
He is still young, and he will still be learning/progressing whilst training with the team. We have all seen more than 5 minutes of him in the halves, and none of us would be expecting any more than what we already think he is capable of. At least with Hornby retired, in 2013 Kyle can start the progression of the career that was planned for him. And plenty of years left for him at his young age.

beecww

Juniors
If Price is still coach it will be sad and our expectation for 2013 based on this season's current effort will be to avoid the wooden spoon. If Folkes takes over he has experience in winning spoons so again avoiding the spoon will be an achievement.

Sad to look at the year ahead as the year to avoid the spoon but based on what we are seeing it looks like that is all we can hope for. From World Club champs to worst club in NRL within 2-3 years. Shocking.....

Slippery I have just decided to browse through so many posts from this time last year. There are so many with the same opinions as your post here. I am just amazed that the so called 'amateurs' on here could see the writing on the wall, but the 'professionals' who make all the decisions couldn't.
I have supported this club since 1953, and I am sad to say that this season has been the worst in all of those 60 years.
I remember the 'oust doust' and 'down brown' years well. They now seem like successful years compared to this. I only hope that you younger people continue your deserved emotion at those who have allowed this club to be so down and out, with no solution in sight and demand change.

matPORTS

Juniors
Spoon? No way.

2. Weyman returns.

1. EPIC FAIL!!

2. Has been good (but not great) when he has been able to get onto the field.

3. Shame Beale got injured, but Dugan came and we didn't really expect anything less from Morris and Nightingale.

4. We will never know what could have been with regard to Style this year, but I don't think he was the half back who could have lead us to a top 8 finish this year, nor is he the half back who will lead us to another premiership within the next 3 years.

5. Frizzell is a star of the future. One of the few good things our coaching and recruitment staff did this year was signing him.

6. Our pack overall this year lacked aggression and killer instinct.

7. I'm still unsure as to whether Ben Creagh is genuine captaincy material? No denying his passion for the club though.

8. Both have played well this year, but I don't think they've excelled in their development to the point where they should really be at present.

Old_Timer

Juniors
I am just amazed that the so called 'amateurs' on here could see the writing on the wall, but the 'professionals' who make all the decisions couldn't.

beecww in 2012 we had the realists (negative posters as we were called) and the optimists (Price lovers). Over time it came to pass that the realists view gained ascendancy, but of course we received a lot of flak along the way.

The optimists went from an endangered species at the end of 2012, to an extinct species at the end of 2013. My how the worm has turned. But it was a hollow victory for the realists, and one that they took little consolation from.

So to answer your question, the amateurs on here where on the whole, slow learners, the professionals elsewhere, well ........????

karuah6

Juniors
beecww in 2012 we had the realists (negative posters as we were called) and the optimists (Price lovers). Over time it came to pass that the realists view gained ascendancy, but of course we received a lot of flak along the way.

The optimists went from an endangered species at the end of 2012, to an extinct species at the end of 2013. My how the worm has turned. But it was a hollow victory for the realists, and one that they took little consolation from.

So to answer your question, the amateurs on here where on the whole, slow learners, the professionals elsewhere, well ........????
Hi OT
Not quite true from my point. At that time all I was asking for was to give the coach a fair go. I was never as you call a Price lover but someone that did not always have a negative view or one that wanted to assault the coach, club or a player.

While I agree that it is time that the club needs to fix up the coaching problem I will never cancel my membership like some posters intend to. I appreciate that we all have had a disappointing season but to carry on & burn your membership is just not me.

I am definitely not linking you to this statement. Just expressing my view on certain posters & they know who they are.

Lets hope that with the new additions to the club next year, club looking at improved coaching & players believing in themselves, we have a good 2014 season.

I too have just come out of hospital & hope that us old boys also have a good 2014 season & beyond.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Nice to hear from you Karuah and I trust you are also on the mend. Us old blokes are invaluable for boosting the youngsters on here with our stories about when we were a great rugby league club.

I agree with your sentiments that we need to stay true to our Club. Ripping up membership cards is no solution in my opinion. But the Club needs to give us fans an indication that it is being proactive in finding our team a suitable Coach. Price sadly was lots of things, but alas a good coach was not one of them.

Surprisingly, I think I think with our new recruits coming on board we can turn things around in 2014. But in my view a new experienced competent coach will be the cornerstone for that to take place.

Stay safe and keep well.