What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

roughyedspud

Coach
things are going really well...

tbh aside from the world cup final i was gonna wait and not buy tickets till the last min..or pay on the door of the games im planning to attend.......but im getting abit nervous now that i might miss out if i don't buy tickets soon..

geordie_saint

Juniors
things are going really well...

tbh aside from the world cup final i was gonna wait and not buy tickets till the last min..or pay on the door of the games im planning to attend.......but im getting abit nervous now that i might miss out if i don't buy tickets soon..

I wouldn't quite go that far! :D But tickets for the big games at least plus England's other two games are selling well.

The big games at big venues certainly does attract the casual fan. I've sold 37 Wembley tickets so far to my rugby league team in Kings Lynn; there are still another 14 in the pipeline at the club. I have also sold another 8 to colleagues at work plus have my girlfriend's family going to who've never been to watch a RL game EVER. Not quite as popular in Cardiff but got 12 x non-RL fans attending and another 6 sold at work (with more to come tomorrow).

I've also done a poll on totalrl.com plus redvee.net (St Helens). There are plenty attending from totalrl.com with quite a few still to buy tickets. Not as popular with the Saints board but still over 50% so far stating they are going to at least one of the big games. There was also a 20% cohort undecided; if that is a reflection on the rest of the traditional fan base, persuading them to attend could see massive crowds at both games.

However, I am going to estimate at 50-60,000 for Cardiff and 70,000 at Wembley.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Thats the thing with these types of matches, the opener, semi and final. The casual sports fan if you asked them to go, they wouldn't say no. They'd take a little convincing that it's worth their money. But they'd be open to the idea of having fun at live sporting event.
That's why it's so important for people like yourself Geordie_Saint to convince these people who are 50-50 on buying a ticket.

I've convinced two others here from Australia to come along. We've bought airfares but haven't bought world cup tickets yet. The airfares were a more urgent purchase than match tickets. I mean, surely there's thousands of others in both the northern and southern hemispheres who are in the same boat.

deluded pom?

Coach
Thats the thing with these types of matches, the opener, semi and final. The casual sports fan if you asked them to go, they wouldn't say no. They'd take a little convincing that it's worth their money. But they'd be open to the idea of having fun at live sporting event.
That's why it's so important for people like yourself Geordie_Saint to convince these people who are 50-50 on buying a ticket.

I've convinced two others here from Australia to come along. We've bought airfares but haven't bought world cup tickets yet. The airfares were a more urgent purchase than match tickets. I mean, surely there's thousands of others in both the northern and southern hemispheres who are in the same boat.

I think the 100DAYS code is still valid. Get your match tickets now and save fifty per cent. You too 'spud you tight git.

hutch

First Grade
However, I am going to estimate at 50-60,000 for Cardiff and 70,000 at Wembley.

Good work on taking so many people.

If we got 50k to Cardiff and 70k to wembley that would be absolutely phenomenal. I don't quite see us reaching those figures, but would be gladly proven wrong. I am a bit concerned at the recent reports that only 11k tickets have been sold for the opener at Cardiff though. Do you know any more details?

geordie_saint

Juniors
Good work on taking so many people.

If we got 50k to Cardiff and 70k to wembley that would be absolutely phenomenal. I don't quite see us reaching those figures, but would be gladly proven wrong. I am a bit concerned at the recent reports that only 11k tickets have been sold for the opener at Cardiff though. Do you know any more details?

I don't know specifics. However, the RLWC 13 team have categorically denied that the 11,000 figure was true. This is backed by the ticketing site. You can get decent estimates e.g. only 4 x Cat 1 areas are having poor sales, the upper tier Cat 6 & 7 areas are selling seats well into the row 20+ bracket (33 rows in total) and areas are already sold out. I guestimated the other day that 32,000 tickets will have be sold so far. Again, this is backed up by evidence of how many seats are available; if 11,000 was the true, figure, they wouldn't have opened up 80% of the stadium or 58,000.

Figures for Wembley would be relatively comparative to Cardiff also. I know my polls were only a snap shot but if replicated elsewhere, they'll definitely hit those estimates I stated earlier. I even had a 1* General approach me for Wembley tickets today at work (plus sold another 3 elsewhere)! :D There is definitely a casual fan interest.

taipan

Referee
Has anyone an update on the RLWC crowds so far ?. Last I heard 200,000 tickets sold,surely we are well past that figure by now.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
14,000 gone in Avignon at 50 days from the game. A few blocks for sale behind the posts. Sell out all but assured.

Hard to say in Perpignan, but going by the ticketing site I reckon about 4,500 gone two months out.

Last edited:

deal.with.it

Juniors
I struggled to get 2 or 3 tickets sitting together at the Final and the semi final. That is not considering behind the posts.
I've bought Final tickets, sitting at about the 10m mark.
I'm waiting until the semi final opens the upper tier before purchasing.

deluded pom?

Coach
Just booked accomodation in Cardiff.

Expensive and very limited!

You should have gone outside of Cardiff mate. We are in Cwmbran at the Premier Inn. £55 for two people including brekkie. Basic but adequate hotel and eight quid return on the train. Cardiff is half an hour away. There are plenty of options outside of the city.

roughyedspud

Coach
the final is going to sell out in the next week or 2....on the ticket site theres a offerfor a SL grand final ticket & RLWC final ticket for £45......considering we've already sold 50k+ tickets for the RLWC final the remaining tickets will get snapped up sharpish..

Hindyscrack

Bench
You should have gone outside of Cardiff mate. We are in Cwmbran at the Premier Inn. £55 for two people including brekkie. Basic but adequate hotel and eight quid return on the train. Cardiff is half an hour away. There are plenty of options outside of the city.

Yeah true, but I would prefer to be in town. Walk to and from the stadium and allow me to enjoy a few cold ones Friday night and Saturday / evening without a huge cab fare.

The Partisan

Yeah true, but I would prefer to be in town. Walk to and from the stadium and allow me to enjoy a few cold ones Friday night and Saturday / evening without a huge cab fare.

Yeah had the same thought !

Was tentatively booked into some place out near the airport but then jagged an inner city place after having one last look. :D

No Hilton Hotel but it'll do for a couple of nights.

So where we all meeting for a beer Friday night !!!!

deluded pom?

Coach

Fair enough mate. We Poms all know you Aussies are loaded so enjoy the WC. ;-)

Arucard

Juniors
RLWC Facebook page just put up that there's less than 5000 tickets left in the 2 lower bowls for the opening ceremony.
Top tier selling well also.

Latest posts