What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F Yeah!!!

strewth_mate

Bench
Cheers, was a good indication of Kidley's effort. I love stuff like that.

Wonder what Hagan had to say at half time last night compared to what Smith said today. Although the Eels staged a bit of a comeback, so dunno :lol:

fred_knight

Juniors
top game, my heart was racing in the last ten minutes...boys showed courage and determination...good stuff

I think after the reshuffle and shock of losing Joey, and some obviously good words from Smitty, we did manage to keep them to nil in the 2nd half with the extra man we had, which aint too bad considering dogs are premiership favourites

Frederick

Staff member
Welcome to the forums, Fred. Just so you know, us Freds are regarded as gods around here ;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
Captain_Fred said:
Welcome to the forums, Fred. Just so you know, us Freds are regarded as gods around here ;-)

Only by other Freds, or in this case the actual Fred himself.

It's a Fred-thing.

Super Sub

Juniors
I wasn't at the game but I was listening to the broadcast at work. I was honestly on the edge of my seat that whole time. After the first half I was pretty much expecting it to be a dogs try fest but I was so impressed by the way the boys stuck with it.

Based on the radio commentary it sounds like Kidley had an unbelievable second half. The commentators were going crazy and it seemed like he made a half-break every set out of dummy half. I remember hearing one part where Kurt made a massive clean break in the field and got a poor pass away to someone and it all ended with Abes getting held up over the line.

Sounded like Polglase was really playing above his weight too. Isn't it interesting that so many people didn't rate him at all before the season began and now everyone is giving him a wrap.

Tolar must have had a big game too. What a way to finish it though. I was feeling pretty confident right at the beginning because it sounded like Joey was carving them up, but wow we ended up with a fight on our hands.

Man I'm proud to be a Newcastle supporter!

Yosh

Coach
Kidley was amazing in attack, defense and brain explosions. For me our best player. His runs from dummy half killed the dogs. His ankle tap on Pattern was inspirational and that grubber he did on tackle 3 was one of the greatest brain explosions ever. But seroiusly one of our most damaging players when he doesnt try to play the ball, but just runs it.

McManus and Seu Seu had great games for debuts. No more to be said.

Carmont is the worst centre in the NRL. I have said it. Its not his defense but a centre should set up his winger but he doesnt or cant do it. Horrendous, should be dropped. Or at least Doogs move to centre and Georgie move out to the wing. Tighe was good enough.

congrats on the win today guys,:)
i was impressed with our effort today, and with the way you guys approached the 2nd half, good luck for the rest of the season, our 2nd half was a bit of a worry, hopefully we should bounce back against the panthers next week.

fred_knight

Juniors
Thanks guys....Fred seems to b the in thing here...

Jimmy the greek - u should be impressed with your team, with a man down and in front of a packed Newie stadium and to only lose by one is a good effort, im sure u will bounce back

Frederick

Staff member
strewth_mate said:
Btw could someone tell me, was that John Farnham singing the anthem? Sure as hell sounded like it :crazy:
If it was it looks like he's let himself go big time :lol: :crazy:

Frederick

Staff member
Oh yeh, I just remembered one other thought I had from the game...anyone reckon it was strange that Josh Perry was sponsored by Hungry Jacks? :-k

fred_knight said:
Jimmy the greek - u should be impressed with your team, with a man down and in front of a packed Newie stadium and to only lose by one is a good effort, im sure u will bounce back

thanks mate, i hope so also.

Stuzmeister

Juniors
chinorocks said:
First one Archer ruled Mad dog knocked down the pass before the dogs guy dropped it, which was b*llsh*t as it didn't look like he touched it and if he did it was unntntional while attemting a tackle.

2nd one Polglase dropped it trying to pick it up before he got smashed and concussed.

Cheers mate, makes it clearer now.

keeney

First Grade
Big Tim said:
According to the judiciary it does.

Even if Joey came back, I would have expected SBW to have been reported and to have been charged.

His tackles are reckless. It is only a matter of time that his shoulder connects to someones face, and they will need it reconstructed.

I think he needs to work on technique. A late swinging arm is not tolerable in the modern game.

My comment was in reference to the sentencing and intent, not the fact that it was illegal, just the severity of that illegality.

Big Tim

First Grade
keeney said:
My comment was in reference to the sentencing and intent, not the fact that it was illegal, just the severity of that illegality.

Whether it was intentional or not is irrelevant.

Intentional is different to reckless.

Newtons was classed as Intentional, SBW's was poor technique and a reckless swinging arm. It is his responsibility to protect the other players on the field. He failed to do so and will be charged. They are different instances, but I imagine he will get at least 6 weeks, and maybe up to 10.

In any case it is not up to us, but I trust he will be dealt with correctly.

Latest posts