F1 2019

Discussion in 'Motor Sports' started by madunit, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Not knowing the actual facts I’m wondering if Emanuele Pirro(whom I’ve met, nice bloke)looked at the data traces & didn’t see Vettel slow down whilst on the grass(we’ve all done it on PS4). Because of that they’ve deemed it a dangerous rejoin of the track even though there wasn’t a noticeable chop on Hamilton who swerved to avoid him(which is enough to earn a penalty in qualifying when it happens).

Dodgy likes this.
  2. Pommy

Pommy Coach

Was Virat Kholi not on hand to tell everyone to stop booing Lewis?

jargan83 likes this.
  3. some11

some11 Coach

Penalty robbed us of a great fight to finish the race. I don't really agree with it, mainly due to this:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Check this out. Verstappen was given a penalty for this at Suzuka last year.

5. some11

some11 Coach

They got that wrong too, look at the wheel in these circumstances, they're both racing incidents.

No penalties:

6. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

Was against the penalty but after hearing Jolyon Palmer explain why it was the right decision I have now changed my mind.

Now I'm against the penalty.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    jargan83 and Life's Good like this.
  7. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

The thing is, going back a while(can’t remember the specific time)the teams/drivers were arguing for black & white application of the rules to get consistency. The Verstappen & Vettel penalties are examples of that but now it’s a case of ‘let them race’. That’s fine but it can’t be both ways if you want to maintain the integrity of the process.

Dodgy and jargan83 like this.
  8. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

"Racing incident" is translation for - We don't know whose fault it is as it was too obscure for us to determine. But nothing really bad happened, so we'll let it go.

jargan83, Life's Good and Storm13 like this.
  9. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

I feel like everyone's frustration with Mercedes/Hamilton dominating the last 5 seasons boiled well over boiling point during this incident. Everyone is tired of having hope that this season or race could be the turning point and it continues to not be the case.

Dodgy and Life's Good like this.
  10. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

That's a good point. Maybe if someone other than Hamilton benefitted from it, there would be a mini uproar, by it would be soon forgotten about an people would move on.

Personally, I think you should get done for that. But I don't agree with what and how it was implemented. We also now have a situation where in consecutive races, the 5sec add one has been enforced for not quite the same situation. No damage occurred to Hamilton in Montreal, and Bottas suffered a puncture which forced him to pit and lose a position in Monaco.

I also empathise with Vettel, as penalty enforcement is as random as chook lotto.