What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7s Four Nations

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well done to everyone on pulling together to make the F7s 4 Nations a goer in 2010. Sorry for stepping in and pushing for it, not my intention to step on any toes but it did look like the concept was about slip by the wayside for 2010. It's great to see the skippers getting organised and the squads taking shape.

The games shall kick off Sunday (this weekend as I type), as per my earlier post.

With the reffing, it'll come down to who is available. Once again, not wishing to organise anything but the old bull is presenting his horns.

From memory, antonius and The Colonel are our non-playing refs. Pistol would be a walk up - but until he says otherwise, we should assume that he is occupied by more important stuff off-site.

We do have an abundance of players with experience at reffing, and anyone interested should put up their hand.

Non Terminator of course.

I'll throw my hat in to ref a match if needed.

When it comes to other forummers with ref experience, The Piper, Titanic, gorilla, Jesbass, bartman and LeagueNut are the names that spring to mind.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Round 1: 24 Oct – 30 Oct
Kiwis v Kumuls
Kangaroos v Lions

Kick off!

FULL TIME: SATURDAY 30 OCTOBER 2010 at 9PM (Syd time)

See match forum.

Need two referees, and the match needs to be marked by next Sunday arvo at the latest. Who's wants to stick their head out? :D

Jesbass

First Grade
Huzzah! I woke up this morning thinking that there might be topics to adhere to and that the articles I'd written in advance would be invalid. I'm so relieved that creativity is being give its full opportunity to shine. :thumn

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, happy to ref one if needed.

Not free after full time this Sat night 30/10, but should be free the weekends of 6/11 and 13/11...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
REFEREES ADDED TO THE MATCH THREADS....

Kiwis v Kumuls REFEREE: Non Terminator
Kangaroos v Lions REFEREE: gorilla

Huge thanks to NT and Goz. :clap:

Refs will have round 1 marked by Sunday 3pm.

Round 2 kicks off Sunday 9pm.

----------
Round 2: 31 Oct – 06 Nov
Kumuls v Kangaroos REFEREE: ?
Lions v Kiwis REFEREE: ?

Round 3: 07 Nov - 13 Nov
Kiwis v Kangaroos REFEREE: ?
Lions v Kumuls REFEREE: ?

Hands up. :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Did you get my PM Mick?

I sent a PM to all captains at kick off and included full time details.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just getting the ladder sorted, needs to be duplicated on the F7s website.

Rules are the same as the F7s premiership ladder.

Ladder ranking/position
When establishing a team's position on the ladder, the order of ranking is as follows:
1. Most competition points.
2. Most articles.
3. Most Points For.
4. Best For and Against / Differential (F/A or +/-).
http://www.forumsevens.com/rules.php

The only exceptions being that there are no byes.

Teams...Played.-.Won..Lost Draw BonusPts PtsFor Articles Pts

Kiwis. - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 272 - 3 - 3
Roos.. - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 167 - 2 - 2
Kumuls - 1 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 1 - 268 - 3 - 1

Lions. - 1 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0 - .80 - 1 - 0

Regarding draws, from the rules:
-In the event of a semi-final, representative game or grand final draw, the referee allows an already named reserve from each side to make another post.

In the spirit of the rules, the extra article should only apply to the 4 Nations Final.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
^^^^^ Ladder updated ^^^^^

Matches for round 2 posted.

Kiwis 272 def Kumuls 268 - Referee: Non Terminator - POTM: Jesbass (Kiwis)
Kangaroos 167 def Lions 80 - Referee: gorilla - POTM: Azkatro (Kangaroos)

Kumuls v Kangaroos
Lions v Kiwis

Kiwis v Kangaroos
Lions v Kumuls

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ROUND 2

Kiwis. - 2 - 2 - 0 - 0 - 2 - 539 - 6 - 6
Kumuls - 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 1 - 430 - 5 - 3
Roos.. - 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 327 - 2 - 2
Lions. - 2 - 0 - 2 - 0 - 0 - .80 - 1 - 0

Kiwis 272 def Kumuls 268 - Referee: Non Terminator - POTM: Jesbass (Kiwis)
Kangaroos 167 def Lions 80 - Referee: gorilla - POTM: Azkatro (Kangaroos)

Kumuls 162 def Kangaroos 160 - Referee: gorilla - POTM: bdgc
Kiwis 267 def Lions 0 - Referee: Non Terminator - POTM: Rayroxon (Kiwis)

Kiwis v Kangaroos
Lions v Kumuls

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ROUND 3 (COMPLETE)

Kiwis. - 3 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 3 - 813 - 9 - 9
Kumuls - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 689 - 8 - 6
-------------------------------------
Roos.. - 3 - 1 - 2 - 0 - 0 - 504 - 6 - 2
Lions. - 3 - 0 - 3 - 0 - 0 - 163 - 2 - 0

Kiwis 272 def Kumuls 268 - Referee: Non Terminator - POTM: Jesbass (Kiwis) [93]
Kangaroos 167 def Lions 80 - Referee: gorilla - POTM: Azkatro (Kangaroos) [86]

Kumuls 162 def Kangaroos 160 - Referee: gorilla - POTM: bdgc (Kumuls) [82]
Kiwis 267 def Lions 0 - Referee: Non Terminator - POTM: Rayroxon (Kiwis) [90]

Kiwis 274 def Kangaroos 177 - Referee: gorilla - POTM: RHCP (Kiwis) [95]
Kumuls 259 def Lions 83 - Referee: Non Terminator - POTM Titanic (Kumuls) [88]

FINAL: 14 Nov - 20 Nov
Kiwis v Kumuls - Referees: Non Terminator & gorilla - POTM: TBA

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Notice Re the F7s 4N Final....

REFEREES:
gorilla
Non Terminator

There will be TWO referees for this match. Scores and comments will be posted in the match thread by The Front Row. Scores will added together for a total.

P.S. Ladder (previous post) updated. Congrats to NZ and PNG on making the F7s 4N Final. :clap:

Last edited:

griffo346

First Grade
i dont agree with having the 2 referees for the final (if you were going to use the 2 refs for the final you should of done it through the whole lot) sorry

Titanic

First Grade
Personally, two referees has a serious attraction and I have been a public advocate of this system before. There have been far too many players lost to F7's due to perceived irregularities in marking interpretations, imho. Along with a published marking matrix this is a step which certainly needs to be tried.

As for the timing? Well, I'm prepared to bite the bullet, although griffo's comment is in essence right, the alternatives of pre-season (which may not eventuate depending on interest) or an exhibition game (which doesn't have the emotion of a real contest) then this is okay.

Bring it on, the Juicy Fruity Rooty Tooties will need all the help they can get (sshhh, just don't tell the Kiwis).

Azkatro

First Grade
Personally, two referees has a serious attraction and I have been a public advocate of this system before. There have been far too many players lost to F7's due to perceived irregularities in marking interpretations, imho. Along with a published marking matrix this is a step which certainly needs to be tried.

As for the timing? Well, I'm prepared to bite the bullet, although griffo's comment is in essence right, the alternatives of pre-season (which may not eventuate depending on interest) or an exhibition game (which doesn't have the emotion of a real contest) then this is okay.

Bring it on, the Juicy Fruity Rooty Tooties will need all the help they can get (sshhh, just don't tell the Kiwis).
The timing is just bizarre. Why wait until the final of a major F7's tournament, and the last game of a long year, to try two referees? The idea may have merit, but there may be all sorts of kinks that need to be worked out. As you suggest, in exhibition/trial games, or games that are no longer of consequence.

Further to that, we have the F7's Commission forum and the F7's Management forum. Yet it was just quietly decided that we'd have two refs by who exactly? I was always given the impression that these kinds of decisions were (supposed to be) made in a democratic sense.