What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

Monk

Referee
Griffos Panthers - Griffo 346
Sydney - Mickyt1985 ?? not sure which poster this is
Maddos Mob - Johns Magic
McKenzie Maulers - Toneram Terrorist
The Manic Marauders - abpanther
Hells Grannies - EA
Franko Sydney - Scoop ?? not sure which poster this is
Scoop- Berks ?? not sure who this is
Forty Zips - Gong-Eagle
Monk City Oranges - Monk
The Huzzah - Johnsy
Munmorah Maulers - Non Terminator

why are there two scoops?
also, :lol: that there are two maulers teams, Toney wont be happy :lol:

Mig2006

Juniors
So here is the question guys...

How do we get the best team possible?

Who is going to draw up a shortlist of maybe 50 players you want and in what order you want them? Or most of us just gonna impulse buy?

Who has played before any advice? How important is a good goal kicker?

When are we going to finalise the comp rules (I am in LU2).

Transfering players I had an idea:

Transfering players as just a straight swap wouldnt be ideal I dont think. All teams would want players who get more points wouldnt it?

Many things to think about... yes?

1. How NRLCEO works is that if you have coaches who know what they are doing then all teams should be fairly even on paper. Then it is just up to who performs each week. Obviously some teams will be stronger due to coaches knowing players better in terms of scoring potential but generally, coaches will pick these types of players first up in the draft. The talent therefore ghets spread across all teams.

2. It is up to the individual coach to draw up a list of players they want. However, you won't get your top 25 because other coaches will take them in their draft pick before it is your turn so you will need some back up players in case. eg Brett Stewart scores plenty of tries so will be one of the first backs picked....Sometimes you may have to impulse buy depending on who is left....

3. I have played NRLCEO for 6 years and am one of the founding members with Cappo - I say this only to let you know that in my opinion, good goal kickers are great for a team. However, the key for a coach is to try and forecast which team will give their kicker the most opportunities to kick points throughout the whole season....Of course if you like you can cut a kicker but with 12 teams in the comp, your options may be limited....

4. And finally, transferring players (called cutting and recruiting players) can be an intense time. How NRLCEO works is that the site locks come Friday afternoon 6pm so no one can make any changes to their squads over the weekends. Teams must obviously be locked in before this time. When the site unlocks after the Monday Night Game (about 9.30pm), coaches are free to cut and recruit any available players until the next lock out time (on the next Friday). If a player (like Jordan Atkins last year) has a massive weekend and no coach has him, you will find that the race will be on to sign him on Monday Night when the site unlocks.

Hope this helps.....

NT has officialy become my main rival

he's no match for the McKenzie Maulers

250px-FryandtheSlurmFactory.png

also, did this scoop create two teams lol?

cappo

Juniors
So here is the question guys...

How do we get the best team possible?

Who is going to draw up a shortlist of maybe 50 players you want and in what order you want them? Or most of us just gonna impulse buy?

Who has played before any advice? How important is a good goal kicker?

When are we going to finalise the comp rules (I am in LU2).

Transfering players I had an idea:

Transfering players as just a straight swap wouldnt be ideal I dont think. All teams would want players who get more points wouldnt it?

Many things to think about... yes?

Yosh. You can set up a shortlist of each position in the draft page. Once the draft starts you can easily pick who you want from it. It also highlights who has been taken and who you have for a quick reference.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Maddos Mob - Johns Magic
Hells Grannies - EA
Forty Zips - Gong-Eagle
Monk City Oranges - Monk
The Huzzah - Johnsy

Griffos Panthers Griffo346
Sydney mickyt1985
Maddos Mob Johns Magic
McKenzie Maulers Tonearm
The Maniac Marauders Abpanther
Hells Grannies EA
Franko Sydney Scoop
Berkeley_Eagles john < THIS IS ME
forty-zips Ricky< THIS IS MY SON
Monk City Oranges Monk
The Huzzah Johnsy
Munmorah Maulers Josh Hill

Yosh

Coach
Waow thanks for the advice guys... I think next season I wanna make a fantasy for English Prem league mainly for my mates could you guys help me out with that to? Just

wanted to ask thanks guys!!!

cappo

Juniors
Waow thanks for the advice guys... I think next season I wanna make a fantasy for English Prem league mainly for my mates could you guys help me out with that to? Just

wanted to ask thanks guys!!!

I'm working on the changes needed to do that. If you can help me thrash out scoring ideas it would be much appreciated.

ForestDragon

Juniors
BIg thanks to the nrlceo team for giving us this oppurtunity,i can,t wait to select my squad and get the season underway

Franko

Juniors
No. The live draft is a pick for pick system. Each team gets to choose one player at a time. There are 25 rounds in the draft - hence 25 players in a squad.

Hi,

I have been in one previously where players disappeared as you went for them. So this one is pick for pick?

Also does it all take place that morning? The one i was previously in there were 3 time slots over a couple of weeks. In the first session you got three players, in the second session 3 players and than the 3rd session you chose your next 19 players.

Franko

Juniors
Maddos Mob - Johns Magic
Hells Grannies - EA
Forty Zips - Gong-Eagle
Monk City Oranges - Monk
The Huzzah - Johnsy

I have two nicknames with two different groups of friends. Franko being one and Scoop the other. I used both in my team set up. I'm quite happy to change that if it causes problems.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i reckon a 3 or 4 time slots would be good, if you don't get who u were after u get some time to re-asses for the next draft picks. Put on weekend times so the people that arent blessed with a cpu and the internet at work all day every day aren't disadvantaged

Also for us league 2 compers, how will we come to an agreement of the options? Another thread with a poll for each option?

Last edited:

Mig2006

Juniors
i reckon a 3 or 4 time slots would be good, if you don't get who u were after u get some time to re-asses for the next draft picks. Put on weekend times so the people that arent blessed with a cpu and the internet at work all day every day aren't disadvantaged

Also for us league 2 compers, how will we come to an agreement of the options? Another thread with a poll for each option?

The live Draft starts when it is designated to start and ends when after 25 rounds of selections - that means that 25 x 12 teams (300 players) will be selected.

The Live Draft is continuous - not in parts. Coaches should endevour to try and check the status of the Draft regularly and try not to hold up the draft from proceeding. The auto list function on the draft page can be used when you are not actually there to make a selection.

Franko

Juniors
The live Draft starts when it is designated to start and ends when after 25 rounds of selections - that means that 25 x 12 teams (300 players) will be selected.

The Live Draft is continuous - not in parts. Coaches should endevour to try and check the status of the Draft regularly and try not to hold up the draft from proceeding. The auto list function on the draft page can be used when you are not actually there to make a selection.

So there will be a list put up first who will be first right through to 12th yes? So it's defintely not first in first served?

The last one i played you had to go hell for skelter to get the players you wanted.

What happens if all 12 people aren't online at the time does that mean we have to wait for them to pick.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure i have it right.