What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

griffo346

First Grade
hey johnsy does the kickers column (the players) do they have to be in the team in their respective positions?

_Johnsy

Referee
no I think you can have all your kickers as your first 10 picks, in the automatic draft facility. However you can only have 10 at a time. Then you just select them in their position each week.

Pumba

First Grade
According to the list its my pick in LU3 but nothing is coming up for me to pick my player :fist:

_Johnsy

Referee
Pumba, try adding to your shortlist, if you have a shortlist, click on a player for your selection.

Griffo

Gotta pop out for a couple of hours, hopefully I'll get my first pick this arvo.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think this is going to be great, but if I could offer some friendy recommendations to Cappo for next time, having the option of a time limit (or auto-draft for those who know they wont be around) would be a huge huge addition.

Mig2006

Juniors
To everyone competing in NRLCEO - If you would like me to clarify anything I am available to answer any questions you may have.

From what I can gather so far -

1. We acknowledge the possible need for a time limit in making selections in the draft. This be be a addition to the 2010 version.

2. The draft will go slower if coaches do not make picks or check the site regularly. Be that as it may, the draft is not supposed to be over in 2 hours. Believe me, when conducted properly, it is great you see other teams change their tactics in their selection over a week.

3. The draft will obviously go quicker if all coaches can make a prearranged time to get on the draft page.

4. Having 12 teams in a comp makes the draft go slower as you have more coaches to rely on to make picks - that makes sense.

5. When in the draft page, you can't see who anyone else is going to pick until they pick them. Once you have made your selection, it will show up on the right of the page. The next rounds selection order will come up on the left as each coach makes their selection. THE DRAFT IS A PICK BY PICK PROCESS - no one can move forward unless the previous coach has mad a pick.

6. RE: Kickers (Griffo) You don;t need to pick kickers in their respective positions on the shortlist. It doesn't matter at all. See you could put Orford (and other kickers) into the shortlist in either their position list OR kicker the kicker list. Either way they count as a kicker - DUE TO THE KICKER POINTS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN DESIGNATED (eg Orford (8), Smith (9)

7. The auto list can be used if you are going away fro a period of time and want the site to pick up a player for you. Prior to your pick, click on the player you want from the shortlist and he should come up just below your team name where the draft order is....

Any other questions guys i am happy to help - As this is your first draft and is completely new, remaining patient is my best advice. Don't plan to sit in front of the computer all day but take note of when your next selection is and come back later......

Hope this helps?

abpanther

Staff member
I think this is going to be great, but if I could offer some friendy recommendations to Cappo for next time, having the option of a time limit (or auto-draft for those who know they wont be around) would be a huge huge addition.

100% agree, this draft will not be completed by NRL kick-off unless some drastic organisation happens, trust me..

Mig2006

Juniors
If the draft does not finish by a few days before the season starts - the draft will finish and open recruitment will take place.

The draft is just to make it fairer for all teams to compete rather than two teams being dominant all season....

100% agree, this draft will not be completed by NRL kick-off unless some drastic organisation happens, trust me..

griffo346

First Grade
sort of mig

so if i pick anasta as a kicker but not in the team as 5/8 does that mean he doesnt get 5/8 points