What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

gong_eagle

First Grade
Satans Septugenarians pick now

I have made my 10 shortlist picks and also my sons so Im off to keep mowing now

abpanther

Staff member
Hey Mig2006,

Would it be possible to have a statistics section on the site to show how players would've scored last season under our scoring rules? That way you can see trends and which positions are most valuable.

Just a suggestion :)

_Johnsy

Referee
I am not sure, whoever Satans Septugenarians are they picked up Inglis. Somehow I dont think I'll be lucky enough to pick up my 1st or 2nd choice.

Mig2006

Juniors
Hey Mig2006,

Would it be possible to have a statistics section on the site to show how players would've scored last season under our scoring rules? That way you can see trends and which positions are most valuable.

Just a suggestion :)

Yeah good idea panther - a few things about that:

1. The private comps that we have run for the past 6 years did not involve any scoring stats such as line breaks, try assists etc.

2. Because we do our own stats, we feel like we dont want to be spending all our time answering emails about how we got our stats. Eg Why did slater only have two line breaks when in Big League it said he made 4 breaks. That sort of thing - we aren't interested in replying to to be honest.

3. We would like the eventual winner of each comp to hopefully be the most dedicated and knowledgable of rugby league (obviously wont always be the case). Anyone can go to a site and pick up players based on their stats the previous season, but a Coach who thinks outside the box and tries to vision the season ahead is what NRLCEO coaching is about in our view!

abpanther

Staff member
Yeah good idea panther - a few things about that:

1. The private comps that we have run for the past 6 years did not involve any scoring stats such as line breaks, try assists etc.

2. Because we do our own stats, we feel like we dont want to be spending all our time answering emails about how we got our stats. Eg Why did slater only have two line breaks when in Big League it said he made 4 breaks. That sort of thing - we aren't interested in replying to to be honest.

3. We would like the eventual winner of each comp to hopefully be the most dedicated and knowledgable of rugby league (obviously wont always be the case). Anyone can go to a site and pick up players based on their stats the previous season, but a Coach who thinks outside the box and tries to vision the season ahead is what NRLCEO coaching is about in our view!

Fair enough, but in the NFL fantasy league sites I play in it is pretty customary to have this tool. I don't see it has an easy way to win, moreso it is another tool at yoru disposal, any person who simply tries to copy successful players from last season will fail as there are always unpredictable factors that come into play (injuries, team success, etc) which is where the real coaches show their mettle.

_Johnsy

Referee
Griffos pelicans - I am guessing you mate.
Sydney - Micky not sure who this is ????
Maddos mob - Johns Magic
McKenzie Maulers - Tonearm
Manic Marauders - ab panther
Hells Grannies - EA
Franco sydney - scoop
Berkely eagles - John
searastik demons - Ricky
Oranges - monk
Huzzah - me
Munmorah maulers - Josh hill

DRAFT PICKS
1st - Satans Septugenarians no idea who this is
2nd - Carton o smokes I am guessing EA
3rd - Berkely eagles John, no idea what poster this is.
4th - Pelicans - You
5th - Huzzah me
6th - Panthers no idea
7th - Oranges monk
8th - Maniac marauders abpanther
9th - Maulers Josh Hill
10th - Boiler makers no idea, could also be EA, boilers could be a reference to the hells grannies
11th - Mobsters, maddos mob maybe ? Johns magic
12th -sarcastik ricky, I think this may be josh hills son.

Mig2006

Juniors
Fair enough, but in the NFL fantasy league sites I play in it is pretty customary to have this tool. I don't see it has an easy way to win, moreso it is another tool at yoru disposal, any person who simply tries to copy successful players from last season will fail as there are always unpredictable factors that come into play (injuries, team success, etc) which is where the real coaches show their mettle.

Yeah fair call

Latest posts