What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

Mario

Juniors
raidersfan said:
1) Can players still get injured in other matches that make up the competition? like say your doing a competition as the Raiders and in another match that your not playing in say the Roosters v Rabbitohs can players from that match get injured still? does the game tell you round by round which players are fit etc?

Injuries no longer carry from match to match across the season due to technical reasons.

/ducks and dons fire geniusant suit

2) Can a player whos returning from injury aggrevate the same injury again during a following game?

No.

Mario

Juniors
roosterman57 said:
1-is there a button to leap for the ball when a bomb is coming down.

No.

2-Is the screen when playing a game based on channel 9 or fox sports format or does it have its own format.

Own format, but more similar to Fox than Channel 9.

3-Does a siren sound or does the ref just blow his whistle for half time.

Siren.

4-Are there fireworks when the players run out.

No.

5-When teams score at there home ground does there team song come.

No.

6-Are the crowd holding flags,signs etc supporting their team.

No. Not big flags anyway.

7-are the coaches visible.

No.

8-Are injured or suspended players visible on the sideline.

No.

9-Will they play the game on beat the boys on the footy show

No.

Mario

Juniors
ortz18 said:
Mario what are they system requirements going to be. Both required and recommended?

For graphics
memory
speed etc

Minimum

Pentium 500
128MB RAM (you can get away with less)
16MB 3D accelerated video card

Recommended (I think this is it)

Pentium 1.4GHz
128MB RAM
16MB 3D T&L accelerated video card

Mario

Juniors
TinghaExpress said:
1. Why was the crowd small in the newcastle roosters game at aussie stadium, was it because of the bad weather?

Crowd number are influenced by a number of factors.

2. Do the Kangaroos still have the choice of their original jersey with the two yellow V's

We are using the striped jersey as default on instruction of the NRL. The traditional jersey is the alternate strip.

3. On what lower on the table clubs eg souths does the crowds get reduced

See first question.

Mario

Juniors
Moffo said:
1. Can the ref interfere in the play in anyway? What is the collision detection system like when u run into a ref?

No.

2. I know its been asked in other ways, but how animated will the crowd be? Will they acutally move or just sit there?

They move in general play, but are more animated for tries.

3. But say if your playing a game at the Dogs home ground, is there a distinct blue and white look in the crowd or do people just wear neutral colours?

Crowds are colour coded dependent on the team.

Mario

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Quick technical question that will only relate to the PC version. I just bought an Audigy so I've got an interest in the whole EAX 3D sound thing in games now. Will the game have support for 3D sound like EAX?

No 3D sound on PC.

Moffo

Referee
Mario said:
Moffo said:
1. Can the ref interfere in the play in anyway? What is the collision detection system like when u run into a ref?

No.

2. I know its been asked in other ways, but how animated will the crowd be? Will they acutally move or just sit there?

They move in general play, but are more animated for tries.

3. But say if your playing a game at the Dogs home ground, is there a distinct blue and white look in the crowd or do people just wear neutral colours?

Crowds are colour coded dependent on the team.

Thanks for that mate. I love the colour-coded idea!

All sounding good

Cheers,
Moffo

Mario

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
Talking about sound. What sort of sound systems will it support? 5.1 ? I'd love to have surround sounds, crowd cheering all round me (Xbox I'm talking about)

Only Xbox will support 5.1, but this hasn't really been utilised extensively.

Mario

Juniors
Joker said:
1. Once you tap a button to pass the ball, will the player with the ball pass it quickly? Having just played Rugby 2004, and owning Rugby 2001, one major drawback of both games is that it can take something in the order of several hundred milliseconds for the player to pass the ball once you press the button, and while this may not seem long to some, it feels like an eternity. Even players that are designated as skilled, adept playmakers can take a long time to pass.

You hold the button for a long pass. A quick tap results in a quick ball. Passing is fairly quick from your button press.

2. Are there separate buttons for short and long/cutout passes? e.g. L1 for short vs L2 for long pass?

See above.

3. Can a player with the ball sidestep in either direction (to ones left or right)? Can you direct the player to sidestep in either direction?

Yes. Yes.

4. Can a player with the ball fend with either arm? Can you direct the player to fend different directions e.g. to player's left, right, straight in front?

Yes. Yes.

5. When you aim to pass to the player's left or right hand side (if one can do so), does it occur in 'absolute' terms relative to the way the team is running or relative to the way the body is facing? For example, if your player with the ball in hand is facing towards his own goalline with his back to the defence, and you press to pass left, will the ball travel to the left hand side of the team, or well it go to the left of the player's body i.e. to the team's right. I hope passing direction is 'absolute' and goes to the team's left.

Absolute.

Mario

Juniors
Moffo said:
I have another question after watching NZTigers demos. Do we actually see the players as they run out on the field or does the game just start with the guy lining up the kick off? Dont get me wrong, i love the footage of the guys walking out of the tunnel with the names on the screen, but i was just wondering if we still get to see the players run out on the field

No.

Mario

Juniors
Zoot said:
With this "Matrix" style kicking mode, does it come on automatically when i press the kick button or do you have a button to
active it and then plan my kick?

Automatic.

Mario

Juniors
roosterman57 said:
1-In internationals and State of origin will the anthems be played.

No.

2-Will fireworks be let off.

No.

3-In the grand final will there be some kind of show.

No.

4-Can coaches and injured or suspended players be seen on the sideline.

No.

5-If future versions of the game are released what will you try to add and improve on.

Not decided yet.

6-Will fans be holding signs supporting their team.

No.

7-was it ur decision for steve price to be on the cover of the aussie game. Dont you think most people would have been more pleased if they put a player on it wearing an australian jersey.

It was a decision made by HES, but a prudent one - hasn't Steve Price just won some player of the year award? Given the focus of the title in the Australian market is the NRL competition, I support their decision to use a club jersey rather than an international one.

Mario

Juniors
I Bent my Wookie said:
mario,
apparently FIFA 2004 has been pushed forward to a october 23rd release multiplatform, so my question is, notwithstanding that i dont know when rugby league comes out, will the release of FIFA 2004 have any direct effect which date rugby league will be released. All i mean is that there is no point saying that people who want the league game dont like to play soccer games, because that isn't true, but that if people were to choose between one of the two then rugby league might be affected because soccer is out first in time.

I do not consider that the release of FIFA 2004 will have any material impact on sales of Rugby League. In that regard, the sales and marketing surrounding AFL Live 2004 and Rugby 2004 are more relevant.

Chris_Brissie

Juniors
Mario.......

Just wondering, when in season mode, can we select the stadium, or is it Auto, for eg. if i didn't wanna play at the crappy tin can ANZ Stadium, could i select Lang Park all season.....

Thanks

Ced

Juniors
Is it possible to find touch from kick-off/ drop-outs? ANd if so will the kicking team get the scrum feed?

Mario

Juniors
Chris_Brissie said:
Just wondering, when in season mode, can we select the stadium, or is it Auto, for eg. if i didn't wanna play at the crappy tin can ANZ Stadium, could i select Lang Park all season.....

If you are playing a regular season, then the venues are set.