What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

Azkatro

First Grade
Quick technical question that will only relate to the PC version. I just bought an Audigy so I've got an interest in the whole EAX 3D sound thing in games now. Will the game have support for 3D sound like EAX?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Talking about sound. What sort of sound systems will it support? 5.1 ? I'd love to have surround sounds, crowd cheering all round me (Xbox I'm talking about)

The Observer

Staff member
Must admit that I'm very excited to see the game coming together and I think that it will be outstanding!!! I do have a few questions though:

1. Once you tap a button to pass the ball, will the player with the ball pass it quickly? Having just played Rugby 2004, and owning Rugby 2001, one major drawback of both games is that it can take something in the order of several hundred milliseconds for the player to pass the ball once you press the button, and while this may not seem long to some, it feels like an eternity. Even players that are designated as skilled, adept playmakers can take a long time to pass.

Hopefully the game tends slightly towards an 'arcade' feel in this respect as opposed to accurately simulating conditions as they were in real life. While its nice for a game to simulate as many real world traits as possible, it is still a game :) and gameplay should be a little more fluid/open attractive play than real RL.

2. Are there separate buttons for short and long/cutout passes? e.g. L1 for short vs L2 for long pass?

3. Can a player with the ball sidestep in either direction (to ones left or right)? Can you direct the player to sidestep in either direction?

4. Can a player with the ball fend with either arm? Can you direct the player to fend different directions e.g. to player's left, right, straight in front?

5. When you aim to pass to the player's left or right hand side (if one can do so), does it occur in 'absolute' terms relative to the way the team is running or relative to the way the body is facing? For example, if your player with the ball in hand is facing towards his own goalline with his back to the defence, and you press to pass left, will the ball travel to the left hand side of the team, or well it go to the left of the player's body i.e. to the team's right. I hope passing direction is 'absolute' and goes to the team's left.

Moffo

Referee
Good questions mate. I think i can help you with one, if you tap the button then its a short pass, if you hold it in for a bit then its a longer pass. Not sure if u have to do something different for a cutout

I have another question after watching NZTigers demos. Do we actually see the players as they run out on the field or does the game just start with the guy lining up the kick off? Dont get me wrong, i love the footage of the guys walking out of the tunnel with the names on the screen, but i was just wondering if we still get to see the players run out on the field

Cheers,
Moffo

Dogs Of War said:
Talking about sound. What sort of sound systems will it support? 5.1 ? I'd love to have surround sounds, crowd cheering all round me (Xbox I'm talking about)
I have a 5.1 card in my pc so that would be good to hook it up to my mini home thearter system, place the speakers around me and not move from the pc for days.
So Mario can you let us know if this will be a option?

to those who are lucky enough to have played the game,

is the camera angle that runs parallel to the sideline make the game significantly more difficult to play than the 'standard' behind the posts angle. i'd imagine it would be a little harder to spot tiny gaps but that angle just looks soooo damn cool (judging from that aus v nz screenshot)and as such i'm more inclined to use it.

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
I was experimenting last night with camera angles and found the side on a bit hard to get used to but I agree it looks great. Theres a good slection to choose from though.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I had this in the first page of Q's but it wasn't answered....

Can you run a season with mulitple human controlled teams in it?

Question:

With this "Matrix" style kicking mode, does it come on automatically when i press the kick button or do you have a button to active it and then plan my kick?

roosterman57

Juniors
Hey muzza. Just got a few questions

1-In internationals and State of origin will the anthems be played.

2-Will fireworks be let off.

3-In the grand final will there be some kind of show.

4-Can coaches and injured or suspended players be seen on the sideline.

5-If future versions of the game are released what will you try to add and improve on.

6-Will fans be holding signs supporting their team.

7-was it ur decision for steve price to be on the cover of the aussie game. Dont you think most people would have been more pleased if they put a player on it wearing an australian jersey.

mario,
apparently FIFA 2004 has been pushed forward to a october 23rd release multiplatform, so my question is, notwithstanding that i dont know when rugby league comes out, will the release of FIFA 2004 have any direct effect which date rugby league will be released. All i mean is that there is no point saying that people who want the league game dont like to play soccer games, because that isn't true, but that if people were to choose between one of the two then rugby league might be affected because soccer is out first in time.

mikeyboy

Juniors
Zoot said:
Question:

With this "Matrix" style kicking mode, does it come on automatically when i press the kick button or do you have a button to active it and then plan my kick?

automatically when you hold down the kick button

raidersfan

Juniors
Ok I have a question about injuries.

1) Can players still get injured in other matches that make up the competition? like say your doing a competition as the Raiders and in another match that your not playing in say the Roosters v Rabbitohs can players from that match get injured still? does the game tell you round by round which players are fit etc?

2) Can a player whos returning from injury aggrevate the same injury again during a following game?

Mario,
you probably aren't allowed to tell us - but that wont stop me from asking :D , are there going to be television commercials on Aus t.v? if so will they include new footage or would just be the latest promo that was released?

ChiaPete

Juniors
Mario do you know if Rugby League will be a feature review in Official Playstation 2 Magazine or any other platform mags?

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Matta

Juniors
Mario, I was looking at the Gaming Page at the LeagueUnlimited site (this site you know), and I noticed this:

Features:

Arcade & Simulation Modes
Arcade mode provides a simplified, faster game for instant gratification.
Simulation mode provides a more detailed simulation of rugby league with player injuries, fatigue and penalties.

Is this just old information (but the other features are pretty updated)?

Here's the link http://www.leagueunlimited.com/static/nrlgame.asp

gil10

Juniors
Mario,

Will you be able to control more than just one team in a custom season?

Last time I asked this question, you said it was yet to be confirmed.

Is this still the case?

I hate the idea that after you create all your fav custom teams, you can only play with one in the season. Please say it isn't so. :cry: