What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Mario said:
Chris_Brissie said:
Just wondering, when in season mode, can we select the stadium, or is it Auto, for eg. if i didn't wanna play at the crappy tin can ANZ Stadium, could i select Lang Park all season.....

If you are playing a regular season, then the venues are set.

Mario, can I say anymore on this in particular ?

Olen

Juniors
Mario you posted that 32 teams could play in a custom competition so do they play each other only once during the tournament or can you play them twice. Also are all the stats tracked of your team in a custom competition and Internationals.

P.S Do you use the NRL system in custom tournaments with a top eight etc.

TripleM

Juniors
Olen said:
Mario you posted that 32 teams could play in a custom competition so do they play each other only once during the tournament or can you play them twice. Also are all the stats tracked of your team in a custom competition and Internationals.

I'm pretty sure all the custom competition types are based on other types that are in the game. So you'd be able to have a tournament NRL style. I'm guessing the 32 team competition would have to be a knockout competition. But you'd be able to have a 13 team comp and stuff like that.

Mario

Juniors
Olen said:

Custom tournaments are fairly flexible. You can set a number of different attributes including how many times you play each team etc.

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Mario,
when i was at telstra stadium today there was the new nrl game being played by individuals chosen randomly. when watch i loved every minute of it except 4, it was a penrith warriors game played at telstra stadium with only 5000 people there on a sunny day. wats the deal with the crowds. 2 top of the table teams getting 5000 to a match?????????

in the demo the player at dummy half could be takled as soon as he touches the ball does this occur in the new game?

does nathan blacklock and rhys wesser rome and come looking for the ball like they usually do. and is blacklock a tryscoring machine?

Mario

Juniors
TinghaExpress said:
when i was at telstra stadium today there was the new nrl game being played by individuals chosen randomly. when watch i loved every minute of it except 4, it was a penrith warriors game played at telstra stadium with only 5000 people there on a sunny day. wats the deal with the crowds. 2 top of the table teams getting 5000 to a match?????????

What is your 5,000 number based on? A guess? Nowhere in the game does it tell you what the attendence is - it is only apparent from the crowd seen ingame. Even a large crowd in Telstra looks small because of the large number of seats.

In any case, presumably Microsoft set it up so the contestants were playing a friendly. In this case, there is no concept of a 'table'. It would be different if Microsoft had played through a whole NRL Premiership and handed the game over on the Grand Final.

TinghaExpress said:
in the demo the player at dummy half could be takled as soon as he touches the ball does this occur in the new game?

Only if he stands there doing nothing.

TinghaExpress said:
does nathan blacklock and rhys wesser rome and come looking for the ball like they usually do. and is blacklock a tryscoring machine?

Player stats are as close to their real life personalities as possible. If a player is a playmaker in real life, they are likely to be one in the game.

g'day Mario,

I live in Melbourne and i rang Electronics Bontique at my local store and they said when it comes out. They said that they are going to have to Ring a Sydney store to get it because they will not get it in there store!!!.Can you shead any light on this?

also down in Melbourne, We have a store Called Rugby Fever and will that store be Stock with the RL game?

Mario

Juniors
chemicalbrother said:
g'day Mario,

I live in Melbourne and i rang Electronics Bontique at my local store and they said when it comes out. They said that they are going to have to Ring a Sydney store to get it because they will not get it in there store!!!.Can you shead any light on this?

also down in Melbourne, We have a store Called Rugby Fever and will that store be Stock with the RL game?

Sidhe has nothing to do with distribution, so I can't answer your questions sorry.

Dogs Of War

Coach
TinghaExpress said:
thanx mario just one more question,

can u play with more than one team in the season mode?

No. Please read the whole thread before asking, I asked the same very question twice in this thread.

sheep

Juniors
Mario

Can you change the game difficulty mid season? So say if you start off on 'medium' and halfway through the nrl comp you find yourself beating teams by 40 or 50, can you change the difficulty up to say 'hard'

Greg Smith

Juniors
Hi Mario
I don't know if this has been asked but can u off load the ball in a tackle? and if your tackled around the legs can u pass before hitting the ground?