What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah calls on PM to crack down on Twitter abuse

betcats

Referee
What a joke this is. The PM is now using Robbie as a publicity stunt. We'll probably get a "Robbie Farah Tax" out of this to fund the new laws and policing of said laws.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
He called him a androtop..I don't see anything too drama-filled in that.

The thing is, though, many people would disagree strongly with you about that. To some people that word is extremely offensive. To others it isn't. What I find offensive is the thought of somebody else arbitrarily drawing a line in the sand for me (especially a politician) on what is regarded as legal or illegal speech. I'll always err on the side of personal liberty/freedom of speech over state control.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It'll be her big ticket re-election pitch!!

Vote 1 Julier Dillard! The PM that helped Robbie with his twitter problem!!!
Yaaaaaay.

FMD

Hutty1986

Immortal
The concern is that the hillsong brigade (Penrose warrior) would like to make a whole
raft of pretty mild insults illegal (irrespective of the communications medium). Thankfully,
my fellow Austrayans appear to have more common sense than I had given them credit for.

By the way, I think the pollies would like to think that by and large our laws do reflect our ethics and morals as a society.

The citizens aren't too bad, but it's the coppers committing all the crimes, right CT?

Mild insults. Without having seen the actual tweet, I'm not so certain that describing sexually what you'd do to a recently deceased person counts as a mild insult. But hey, that's your opinion. And while we're on opinions, not sure that tweeting those descriptions counts as one.

I'm not for a world of bubble wrap and punishing anything 'mildly offensive'. I am for a world where tweets like the one that started this furore are punished. Call him a androtop all you want, that's easy to shrug off. 'Mild insults' involving necrophilia, not so much.

You said it Penrose.

It is subjective to what is offensive.

Myself, I find necrophilia absurd and easy to shrug off or ignore.

Some people take objection to the term "androtop".

Who makes the call? You and you're frilly panties? I hope not.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Actually, the PM's currently grieving the death of her father and would likely not be fussed with some naughty words on social media...

I think what was said was f**king disgusting but to call on federal assistance for it is a bit beyond reality.

DJShaksta

First Grade
PM: what's the problem Robbie?
RF: well the f$&ken c$&ts on twitter said shit bout my mum
PM: Woosahh Robbie, Woosahh.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Mild insults. Without having seen the actual tweet, I'm not so certain that describing sexually what you'd do to a recently deceased person counts as a mild insult. But hey, that's your opinion. And while we're on opinions, not sure that tweeting those descriptions counts as one.

I'm not for a world of bubble wrap and punishing anything 'mildly offensive'. I am for a world where tweets like the one that started this furore are punished. Call him a androtop all you want, that's easy to shrug off. 'Mild insults' involving necrophilia, not so much.

I don't use homophobic slurs, it isn't my style. At the very least you should read the tweet
before demanding gaol time or periodic detention.

RF: and den Matty Johns ambushed me with a question I didn't like! I showed him, I tweeted "good luck getting anyone else to go on your show!" Pretty sure the show has been cancelled,...

kmav23

Juniors

Paul Gallen : Prime Minister its me Gallen tough guy for sharkies

Prime Minister : what's the problem Gallen?

Paul Gallen : I was hit late by raiders foward Josh Papalii

Prime Minister : and....?

Paul Gallen : he tackled me from behind !!!,.. cant you arrest him ? make a new law... ?

Prime Minister : your a grown man.Gallen... harden up princess !!!

:crazy:

Paul Gallen : Prime Minister its me Gallen tough guy for sharkies

Prime Minister : what's the problem Gallen?

Paul Gallen : I was hit late by raiders foward Josh Papalii

Prime Minister : and....?

Paul Gallen : he tackled me from behind !!!,.. cant you arrest him ? make a new law... ?

Prime Minister : your a grown man.Gallen... harden up princess !!!

:crazy:

f**k off to the other thread Kmuff.

God-King Dean

Immortal
"Sorry mate unfortunately for u I ain't going anywhere," Farah wrote in response to the user...........

Therein lays Robbie's problem.

Frailty

First Grade
Given the historical significance of the term 'androtop', I am calling on the PM and Premier to make it's use illegal and to punish anyone who uses it with Gaol time. When will you do something Ms. Guillard and Bazza?!

kmav23

Juniors
"Sorry mate unfortunately for u I ain't going anywhere," Farah wrote in response to the user...........

Therein lays Robbie's problem.

The person could be a ten year old kid or some guy in Africa. Or even a bot
Stay off twitter Robbie.

People are now accusing you of being a bully in highschool on twitter.