What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah calls on PM to crack down on Twitter abuse

tomdl

Bench
I know what a hypocrite is but my position is that the behaviors aren't the same.

I don't see any comparison between attacking somebodies recently dead relative, without reason, for no other reason than to get a rise and hurt that, and joking with a friend that the prime minister of a country ought to receive a noose for her birthday. Where's the similarity? It's debatable whether Robbies comment could even be classed as an attack, technically speaking.

What I was trying to convey with my post went over your head. They are not the same, no matter how much you, the media and politicians would like them to be. One is a light hearted - and well deserved, if you ask me - political statement, the other is the vilest of insults put personally to a still-grieving son.

Stop being silly.

Doesn't f**king matter if the intent was similar or not. He made a suggestion that he wanted her to kill herself. She is the daughter of a father and a mother. She happened to lose her father as Robbie lost his mother. What he said is absolutely f**king disgusting.

Last edited:
Doesn't f**king matter if the intent was similar or not. He made a suggestion that he wanted her to kill herself. She is the daughter of a father and a mother. She happened to lose her father as Robbie lost his mother. What he said is absolutely f**king disgusting.

What the f**k does her losing her father 3 days ago have to do with something Farah said however long ago? You're clutching at straws.

There is nothing disgusting in somebody joking that their prime minister should get a noose for their birthday. That's f**king mild political humour in every location except, it seems, Australia. But then you've always largely been a nation of mindless political drones, the majority without the brain cells to muster up any sort of independant thought, so it's no surprise that a bit of anti-political humour is damningly controversial in the eyes of many an Autralian.

f**k me dead if responding "a noose" to being asked what the prime minister ought to receive for her birthday is controversial. I get the feeling most British comedians would be imprisoned indefenitely were they to try and tour Australia. Seems you're being influenced a bit too much by your Chinese neighbours in the social engineering stakes!

Gillard is a psychopath, the world would undoutbedly be a better place without her and people like her. Gillard is a pro-war, pro-America, pro-Zionist, anti-environmentalist rat. The lowest of low in the human stakes. The creed of person that is directly responsible for every measure of suffering on this very f**king planet. I wouldn't mourn her passing and I don't find it outragous that someone, a Lebanese person no less, would wish her dead, tongue in cheek or seriously.

Why is it f**king disgusting? Would you apply the same standards if I made a joke about Assad getting a noose for his birthday?

BM1979

Juniors
What the f**k does her losing her father 3 days ago have to do with something Farah said however long ago? You're clutching at straws.

There is nothing disgusting in somebody joking that their prime minister should get a noose for their birthday. That's f**king mild political humour in every location except, it seems, Australia. But then you've always largely been a nation of mindless political drones, the majority without the brain cells to muster up any sort of independant thought, so it's no surprise that a bit of anti-political humour is damningly controversial in the eyes of many an Autralian.

f**k me dead if responding "a noose" to being asked what the prime minister ought to receive for her birthday is controversial. I get the feeling most British comedians would be imprisoned indefenitely were they to try and tour Australia. Seems you're being influenced a bit too much by your Chinese neighbours in the social engineering stakes!

Gillard is a psychopath, the world would undoutbedly be a better place without her and people like her. Gillard is a pro-war, pro-America, pro-Zionist, anti-environmentalist rat. The lowest of low in the human stakes. The creed of person that is directly responsible for every measure of suffering on this very f**king planet. I wouldn't mourn her passing and I don't find it outragous that someone, a Lebanese person no less, would wish her dead, tongue in cheek or seriously.

Why is it f**king disgusting? Would you apply the same standards if I made a joke about Assad getting a noose for his birthday?

To you maybe not but to others it could be very offensive, like anybody that knows someone who has hung themself

WireMan

Bench
To you maybe not but to others it could be very offensive, like anybody that knows someone who has hung themself

No its not.

Just like saying someone should give themselves an uppercut isn't offensive to people who know someone has self harmed.

My personal opinion is people have to realise that anything said or done online is still real life. People think they are anonymous on-line but recent events have shown this is not the case.
Maybe an example should be made of one or two people to spread the message over to Aus.

drago brelli

Bench
The bloke's a complete fool. No wonder people think league players are dopes. This is the same guy who ran to the ref when Dean Young said something inappropriate during the Wests Tigers v Dragons final in 2010. I used to respect him.

betcats

Referee

I dont think its disgusting, i just think its weak as piss to insult someone then when someone insults you to ask the person you insulted for help.

Weak as piss. Also hypocritical.

drake

First Grade
Wow. I might just escape to a small anarchic and wartorn country where there are only small issues like day to day survival. Guerillas, child soldiers, pestilence and famine have got nothing on cyber bullies.

I'm in the spotlight! Why are people throwing things at me?

MattJ

Juniors
$100 to the first person who can make a joke including both necrophilia AND suicide! You'd think it'd be easy as they both involve death but it's harder than you think?!

How does a necrophiliac mourn when a loved one commits suicide?
By having a quiet moment and sucking on a cold one.

Seriously though, Robbie should have just blamed his tweet to Julia on a typo and said he wanted to give her a "moose" for her birthday. Everyone knows that moose are awesome, who wouldn't want a moose?

betcats

Referee
How does a necrophiliac mourn when a loved one commits suicide?
By having a quiet moment and sucking on a cold one.

Seriously though, Robbie should have just blamed his tweet to Julia on a typo and said he wanted to give her a "moose" for her birthday. Everyone knows that moose are awesome, who wouldn't want a moose?

Julia looks like she could use a godd moosing.

Latest posts