What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah vs Ennis

Farah vs Ennis

• Robbie Farah cos he got skill

Votes: 101 64.3%
  • Michael Ennis cos hes a grub

Votes: 56 35.7%

• Total voters

Dogaholic

First Grade
Not as precious as you are over Ennis.

I mean, at least Farah has something to go down on.

Says he who would rather insult than discuss a topic.

As for Farah going down on you well...I am really happy for you both.

Fact remains Ennis > Farrah

tigr3

Juniors
Says he who would rather insult than discuss a topic.

As for Farah going down on you well...I am really happy for you both.

Fact remains Ennis > Farrah

I'd be careful with the use of the word fact. The only 'facts' in rugby league are statistics and when it comes to stats, farah towels ennis up in every facet of the game.

sando88

Not a Moderator
Bellamy today confirmed that he believes farah should get the chance after 3-4 good years whilst ennis has only been good this year.

also ennis being suspended will put farah back in favour of being selected

Dogaholic

First Grade
I'd be careful with the use of the word fact. The only 'facts' in rugby league are statistics and when it comes to stats, farah towels ennis up in every facet of the game.

I don't think the stats are as one sided as you say. Care to back it up with a source and some figures.

To the knuckle head (TommyB) who said Ennis missed the tackle on Tongue - Ennis was no where near it. I am sure you also missed the try saving tackle on McRone.

Farrah looks good on the back of Benji. When Benji Plays poorly the Tigers lose.

On the other hand, Ennis is the difference for the Dogs.

braz

Juniors
The doggies supporters are just creaming in their jocks over ennis because they have had corey hughes as their hooker for the last decade.

The bar has been set incredibly high.

TimmyB

Juniors
I don't think the stats are as one sided as you say. Care to back it up with a source and some figures.

To the knuckle head (TommyB) who said Ennis missed the tackle on Tongue - Ennis was no where near it. I am sure you also missed the try saving tackle on McRone.

Farrah looks good on the back of Benji. When Benji Plays poorly the Tigers lose.

On the other hand, Ennis is the difference for the Dogs.

Watch Ennis' feeble attempts at wrapping up Learoyd Lahrs who got the offload away to Tongue. That's mainly what I'm talking about, but to make matters worse Ennis didn't even try to get to Tongue. You can see him in the background just watching Tongue stroll over.

Trysaver on McCrone? Talk it up. Nice tackle that dislodged the ball, but hardly a try savour. He was standing at first receiver ffs.

The reason I'm ripping into Ennis' defense isn't really because it's particularly weak. It's just his workload is so much lower than Farah's (less than 2/3rds) and he misses more tackles. He's laid on more tries than Farah this season (only after a blinder on the weekend) but has pierced the line less. To top it off, he's outplayed Ennis every year prior to this one. Ennis is in fantastic form, there's no denying that. Just because he's played better football over the last three weeks does not make him the better footballer.

Benji makes Farah look good? How can a half possibly make a hooker look good? That's absurd. Besides, Farah has a better win percentage with the Tigers than Benji, so there goes that theory. Farah has been our best player ever since Prince left. In 2007 where Benji played only a handful of games, Farah nearly single handedly lead us to the finals. In fact, I think we performed better in 2007 with Benji out then 2008 on the back of Farah. There goes your theory.

Last edited:

tigr3

Juniors
I don't think the stats are as one sided as you say. Care to back it up with a source and some figures.quote]

As of the end of round 6, Ennis has an average of 25 tackles, with 4 missed tackles per game (5th worst in the NRL). Robbie Farah has an average of 33 tackles, with 2.67 missed tackles a game.
Ennis also:
Scores less tries (Farah .033 avg, ennis 0)
Makes less line breaks (Farah .05 avg, ennis 0)
Kicks less 40/20's (Farah 2, ennis 0)
Makes more errors (Farah 1.5 avg, ennis 1.67)
Makes less metres (Farah 75.5 avg, ennis 52)
Makes less offloads (Farah 1.33 avg, ennis 1) and;
Has less tackle breaks (Farah 21, ennis 9)

If u add round 7 stats on they are:
Ennis Farah
82mtrs 168mtrs
1 error 0 errors
2 linebreaks 1 linebreak
1 linebreak assist 0
2 missed tackles 1 missed tackle
24 tackles 39 tackles
7 tackle breaks 4 tackle breaks
1 try 0 tries
2 try assists 0 try assists

Now considering bulldogs fans consider ennis's performance in this game as the next coming of jesus, and most people will agree farah had a relatively quiet game for his standards i think these stats shine a pretty good light on farah. Also forgot to add chicken wing tackle: Ennis - 1, Farah - 0. Thats one game... have a look at the stuff above for the prior 6. Is that enough stats for u???

edit: source is nrl.com

Dogaholic

First Grade
Watch Ennis' feeble attempts at wrapping up Learoyd Lahrs who got the offload away to Tongue. That's mainly what I'm talking about, but to make matters worse Ennis didn't even try to get to Tongue. You can see him in the background just watching Tongue stroll over.

Trysaver on McCrone? Talk it up. Nice tackle, but hardly a try savour. He was standing at first receiver ffs.

Farah has a better win percentage with the Tigers than Benji, so there goes that theory. Farah has been our best player ever since Prince left. In 2007 where Benji played only a handful of games, Farah nearly single handedly lead us to the finals. In fact, I think we performed better in 2007 with Benji out then 2008 on the back of Farah. There goes your theory.

There were 3 men in that tackle. Ennis had the player around the back by the time he had got to him. The other 2 should have made a better attempt at holding the arms. Ennis was in no position to make a play for Tongue and the fact that you claim that is his fault reeks of desperation.

Watch the play with Mcrone again. If Ennis doesn't make the tackle he scores. Plain and simple. BTW - McRone was the 2nd reciever in that play. If Ennis misses that tackle McRone could possibly dive over.

As for win/loss percentages - again you bring up a useless stats. Useless in the sense that you haven't backed up your claims with a source. All meaningless and possibly B/S.

Watch your Wests this year and you will see that when wests have won it has been mostly on the back of Benji brilliance.

TimmyB

Juniors
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=3757930&postcount=41

Dogaholic said:
Your Fave 3 players from your club in 07
1. Sonny Bill williams
2. Willie Mason
3. Nick Kouparitsas
Your alltime Fave 3 players from your club
1. Terry Lamb
2. Tony Grimaldi
3. Rod Silva
Your Fave 3 players from ANY club in 07 besides your own club
1. Steven Price
2. Robbie Farah
3. Kristian Inu
Your alltime Fave 3 players from ANY club besides your own club
1. Brett Mulins
2. Brad Fittler
3. Bradley Clyde

Yet now he's sh*t and only wins games on the back of Marshall? Do you just like him for his looks?

TimmyB

Juniors
There were 3 men in that tackle. Ennis had the player around the back by the time he had got to him. The other 2 should have made a better attempt at holding the arms. Ennis was in no position to make a play for Tongue and the fact that you claim that is his fault reeks of desperation.

Watch the play with Mcrone again. If Ennis doesn't make the tackle he scores. Plain and simple. BTW - McRone was the 2nd reciever in that play. If Ennis misses that tackle McRone could possibly dive over.

As for win/loss percentages - again you bring up a useless stats. Useless in the sense that you haven't backed up your claims with a source. All meaningless and possibly B/S.

Watch your Wests this year and you will see that when wests have won it has been mostly on the back of Benji brilliance.

Actually, Farah was our best against the Storm and against Canberra.

Dogaholic

First Grade
I don't think the stats are as one sided as you say. Care to back it up with a source and some figures.quote]

As of the end of round 6, Ennis has an average of 25 tackles, with 4 missed tackles per game (5th worst in the NRL). Robbie Farah has an average of 33 tackles, with 2.67 missed tackles a game.
Ennis also:
Scores less tries (Farah .033 avg, ennis 0)
Makes less line breaks (Farah .05 avg, ennis 0)
Kicks less 40/20's (Farah 2, ennis 0)
Makes more errors (Farah 1.5 avg, ennis 1.67)
Makes less metres (Farah 75.5 avg, ennis 52)
Makes less offloads (Farah 1.33 avg, ennis 1) and;
Has less tackle breaks (Farah 21, ennis 9)

If u add round 7 stats on they are:
Ennis Farah
82mtrs 168mtrs
1 error 0 errors
2 linebreaks 1 linebreak
1 linebreak assist 0
2 missed tackles 1 missed tackle
24 tackles 39 tackles
7 tackle breaks 4 tackle breaks
1 try 0 tries
2 try assists 0 try assists

Now considering bulldogs fans consider ennis's performance in this game as the next coming of jesus, and most people will agree farah had a relatively quiet game for his standards i think these stats shine a pretty good light on farah. Also forgot to add chicken wing tackle: Ennis - 1, Farah - 0. Thats one game... have a look at the stuff above for the prior 6. Is that enough stats for u???

edit: source is nrl.com

A few stats you missed conveniently....

Ineffective Tackles:
Farah 12 : Ennis 8
Kick Meters:
Farah 1531 : Ennis 1796
Line Break Assists:
Farah 4 : Ennis 6
One on One Tackles
Farah 10 : Ennis 13
Pen Against:
Farah 5 : Ennis 6

So after this round of footy I dare say a few of your stats will be turning around. As I also said earlier. A good part of Farahs play can be attributed to the brilliance of Marshall this season.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Btw, if numbers make a player then...

Dally M Leaderboard 10 - Trent Waterhouse (PEN)
9 - Jamie Soward (SGI)

8. Luke Lewis (PEN)
8. Terry Campese (CAN)

8 - Kurt Gidley (NEW)

8 - Michael Ennis (BUL)

8 - Adam Blair (MEL)

8 - John Sutton (SOU)

7. Nathan Friend (GCT)

7. Preston Campbell (GCT)

6 - Scott Prince (GCT)

6 - Andrew Ryan (BUL)

6 - Ben Creagh (SGI)