What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah vs Ennis

Farah vs Ennis

• Robbie Farah cos he got skill

Votes: 101 64.3%
  • Michael Ennis cos hes a grub

Votes: 56 35.7%

• Total voters

8Ball

First Grade
I voted Ennis cause the thread starter is a knob. Both are very good players. Having said that I'd probably go:

9. Farah
14. Ennis

tigr3

Juniors
A few stats you missed conveniently....

Ineffective Tackles:
Farah 12 : Ennis 8
Kick Meters:
Farah 1531 : Ennis 1796
Line Break Assists:
Farah 4 : Ennis 6
One on One Tackles
Farah 10 : Ennis 13
Pen Against:
Farah 5 : Ennis 6

So after this round of footy I dare say a few of your stats will be turning around. As I also said earlier. A good part of Farahs play can be attributed to the brilliance of Marshall this season.

None of the stats i supplies will be turning around after round 7, Farah still leads in all the areas he did before round 7. Of your stats there is a couple of things worth noting. A: Considering farah makes a gazillion tackles more than ennis a game, the tackle to ineffective tackle ratio would be worse for ennis than for Farah considering the total difference is only 4. In fact, i couldn't be bothered doing the maths, but i'd say it would be a fair bit worse. B: Kick metres: farah's kicking strength lies in his ability to thread grubbers into the in-goal, a tactic that has resulted in a fair few tries for the tigers this season. C: line break assists: Farah normally breaks the line himself and then offloads, but good on ennis for getting 2 more. D: one on one tackles: Why would u even bother with this... ennis is the inferior defender any way u look at it. The fact that in 7 games he has made 3 more 1 on 1 tackles doesn't negate the fact he only makes 2/3 the tackles of farah and misses almost twice as many. E: penalties against: This stat is actually better for Farah, in Rugby League, the LESS penalties against u the better. Marshalls play has nothing to do with Farah's success, the Tigers have a better win ratio with robbie than with benji, i think that is on rleague somewhere. Farah is a premiership winnier, has consistently performed sonce 2005, is the captain of his club, shats all over ennis defensively and has the exact same amount of tries + try assists as ennis (9 each). So u tell me how Ennis can possibly be the better player or choice for origin??. simple HE CAN'T.

TimmyB

Juniors
Btw, if numbers make a player then...

Dally M Leaderboard 10 - Trent Waterhouse (PEN)
9 - Jamie Soward (SGI)

8. Luke Lewis (PEN)
8. Terry Campese (CAN)

8 - Kurt Gidley (NEW)

8 - Michael Ennis (BUL)

8 - Adam Blair (MEL)

8 - John Sutton (SOU)

7. Nathan Friend (GCT)

7. Preston Campbell (GCT)

6 - Scott Prince (GCT)

6 - Andrew Ryan (BUL)

6 - Ben Creagh (SGI)

6. Sam Thaiday (BRI)

6. Keith Galloway (WST)

6. Benji Marshall (WST)

No Farah in sight. hmmmmmmmm
Well the Dally M really doesn't tell a complete story, but I'll bite anyway because I'm meant to be writing an essay You'll also notice that there's no Cameron Smith. You claiming Ennis is the best hooker in the game?

Even if we want to play it that way, the year 2008 when Ennis became a dominant hooker as you put it:

Farah 16 points from 17 games (half of them with a buggered back)
Ennis 15 from 22 games.

2007:
Farah 35 points from 24 games
Ennis no idea not in the top 10, from 15 games.

Besides, before this weekend Ennis was ahead of Farah (who is on 4 points) by a single point.

So basically, after 3 years of dominance, Ennis has had an excellent start to the season, including 3 very good games in a row. Farah who is returning from back surgery has had a good start to the season.

You are willing to write off Farah's utter dominance of Ennis for the last 3 years on the back of a better start over 7 weeks? That's just garbage.

The reason I used your quote about Farah was just to demonstrate that you clearly used not to think he rode Benji's back. I'd say that's a position you don't really believe that have conveniently taken to try and discredit Farah. Dishonest.

There were 3 men in that tackle. Ennis had the player around the back by the time he had got to him. The other 2 should have made a better attempt at holding the arms. Ennis was in no position to make a play for Tongue and the fact that you claim that is his fault reeks of desperation.

Watch the play with Mcrone again. If Ennis doesn't make the tackle he scores. Plain and simple. BTW - McRone was the 2nd reciever in that play. If Ennis misses that tackle McRone could possibly dive over.

As for win/loss percentages - again you bring up a useless stats. Useless in the sense that you haven't backed up your claims with a source. All meaningless and possibly B/S.

Watch your Wests this year and you will see that when wests have won it has been mostly on the back of Benji brilliance.

Farah wins games on his own.

Ennis wins because of Hannant, Ryan and Kimmorley.

Lambretta

First Grade
I voted Ennis cause the thread starter is a knob. Both are very good players. Having said that I'd probably go:

9. Farah
14. Ennis

I'm starting to think along the same lines as you - that NSW should include BOTH of them.

If our back rowers are mostly 80 minute players and NSW go for 2 props and 1 back rower on the bench - with Gidley already starting at full back - you need another creative player on the bench.

Assuming John Sutton starts at lock or takes the bench space, I believe that starting with Ennis (because the start of Origin needs a dirty, grubby, annoying, mongrel of a man to be playing) I'd have Farah on the bench to come on for the last 15-20 minutes of each half.

Let Ennis piss off Queensland and then let Farah rub salt in the wounds.

watatank

Coach
They're both good and I hope NSW picks both. Farah is probably a more skilful player and has a far superior passing game but I think Ennis' is someone I'd prefer out there in the opening exchanges as his defence seems to be stronger in tight and he'd really get under Qld's skin. We can get the best out of both if we start Ennis and bring Farah on later. If NSW can get on top in the forwards we could even look at having both on at the same time for extended periods and they can be menaces around the ruck.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Farah wins games on his own.

Ennis wins because of Hannant, Ryan and Kimmorley.

You mean like against the Roosters and Newcastle? Oh wait, that wqas Benji

Well the Dally M really doesn't tell a complete story, but I'll bite anyway because I'm meant to be writing an essay You'll also notice that there's no Cameron Smith. You claiming Ennis is the best hooker in the game?

Even if we want to play it that way, the year 2008 when Ennis became a dominant hooker as you put it:

Farah 16 points from 17 games (half of them with a buggered back)
Ennis 15 from 22 games.

2007:
Farah 35 points from 24 games
Ennis no idea not in the top 10, from 15 games.

Besides, before this weekend Ennis was ahead of Farah (who is on 4 points) by a single point.

So basically, after 3 years of dominance, Ennis has had an excellent start to the season, including 3 very good games in a row. Farah who is returning from back surgery has had a good start to the season.

You are willing to write off Farah's utter dominance of Ennis for the last 3 years on the back of a better start over 7 weeks? That's just garbage.

The reason I used your quote about Farah was just to demonstrate that you clearly used not to think he rode Benji's back. I'd say that's a position you don't really believe that have conveniently taken to try and discredit Farah. Dishonest.

Have a look at the team Farah was in last year and the team Ennis was in. It is no surprise that Ennis didn't score as well. It is easier to shine in a sh*t team than a good one.

How am i discrediting Farah? lol Farah is a good hooker. I prefer Ennis and think he is better. What is the problem and where is the dishonesty?

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah if NSW really are serious about winning, they'll include both and probably start Ennis for the intimidation factor.

God there's more Tigers fans in here than at Leichhardt and if they were any more precious they'd be trying out for Miss Diva.
Skillwise yes Farah is more talented but he's not intimidating *waits for screams of outrage*.
Seriously he's not at all, and doesn't get under anyone's skin....and if you've got a halfback little Peter Wallace and Campese as pivot you don't really need to have an overly dominant skillful hooker you need one that does the job of speedy around the ruck and trying the defence..
Ennis does that..

*Cue Tigers fans with their f**king stats and whinging*

Dogaholic

First Grade
Yeah if NSW really are serious about winning, they'll include both and probably start Ennis for the intimidation factor.

God there's more Tigers fans in here than at Leichhardt and if they were any more precious they'd be trying out for Miss Diva.
Skillwise yes Farah is more talented but he's not intimidating *waits for screams of outrage*.
Seriously he's not at all, and doesn't get under anyone's skin....and if you've got a halfback little Peter Wallace and Campese as pivot you don't really need to have an overly dominant skillful hooker you need one that does the job of speedy around the ruck and trying the defence..
Ennis does that..

You're gonna cop it now lol

bulldog

Bench
It is funny to read how sh!t a player Ennis apparently is, all good to support your boy and in all fairness I think Farah deserves the spot, but to say Ennis is sh!t just means you're a f^cking idiot.

TimmyB

Juniors
You mean like against the Roosters and Newcastle? Oh wait, that wqas Benji

Have a look at the team Farah was in last year and the team Ennis was in. It is no surprise that Ennis didn't score as well. It is easier to shine in a sh*t team than a good one.
Circular logic. Perhaps being in a sh*t team is the only reason Ennis looks good this year. After all, it's not like there's any origin or international players in the team.

For the record, if you are a hooker, or a half, it's a hell of a lot easier to look good if you are playing behind a forward pack that is rolling forward. That you could argue otherwise is mindboggling.

How am i discrediting Farah? lol Farah is a good hooker. I prefer Ennis and think he is better. What is the problem and where is the dishonesty?
It's not that you prefer Ennis. It's that you now claim Farah only looks good because of Benji, which is plain garbage.

TimmyB

Juniors

Ennis does that..

So why play Smith in a team that has Lockyer and Thurston in it?

Farah has that "burst" of talent that he has when it comes to push and shove while Ennis is a "Maintain my Game" kind of player.

broncos70

Juniors
He may not be as flashy as Farah and a bit more of a grafter, but he's closer to Farah than he is Ennis.

cos theyre both left footed? haha

ennis did something on the weekend i thought he couldnt do..and thats kick long..he got a 40/20..ennis any day over farah in my team if i got wallace and campese as halves

Shorty

Staff member
He may not be as flashy as Farah and a bit more of a grafter, but he's closer to Farah than he is Ennis.
Actually I'd say he's closer to Ennis than Farah.
Minus the niggle, and even Cam Smith is known to niggle a little to get in the opposition's faces.

Farah plays almost like a second halfback for the Tigers, does a lot of good kicking and play making.
So as a result I'd think that'd be more appropriate when the Queensland forwards start to tire...
It'd be in NSW best interests to include both anyway to see which hooker suits NSW's style of play.

Latest posts