What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Dragons Player

redvwhite

Juniors
Surprised Riddell didn't get a mention from anyone. I was super happy to have him on our side when we did. Scored billion points, unstoppable near the line and the salute and try celebrations...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
for me close to my absolute faves would have to be jeremy smith..

Became a fan of his when he was playong for the cheats, so was stoked when we signed him..

He's not the biggest player in the comp, but he could bring down anyone in defence like they'd been shot.. and bloody hard to stop in attack..

I honestly don't think we'd have beaten moltzen's mummies in the prelim final in '10 if he wasn't playing, and he was damn unlucky not to win clive during the GF..

Yep, close to my fave dragon..

even though he only ended up playing a grand total of about 8 games for us because of injury..

Father Ted

First Grade
Dennis Preston
Brian Graham
Graeme Langlands '
Billy Smith
Mark Coyne
Brad Mackay
Mitch Brennan
Elton Rasmussen
Phil Hawthorne
Poppa Clay
Johnny King

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Mackay
Coyne
Walford
Hornby
Young
Coops

Tallis and Mundine could have been anything. I loved Tallis. The merkin.

RedVee

First Grade
Langlands
Smith
Beath
Roy Ferguson
Henry Tatana
Steve Edge
Robert Stone
Bruce Starkey
John Jansen
RIcky Walford
and so on

Minh

First Grade
In recent times of the retired brigade Gaz and Barrett, they held the team together there in the early part of the last decade.

Current crop, Hornby, Soward, Coops, Nighty, Young and Scott.

Tanner Ave

Juniors
All of the above and BULL for the semi current players.

Coyne, and Walford get extra mentions

Who doesn't love player that has even half the amount of passion for the jersey as the fans?

Breathingfire

Juniors
Wayne Bartrim. I idolised him as a young kid in 1999. He had a bumper season once he got himself fit. Destroyed the Roosters one afternoon at the SFS. I remember Mark Soden throwing a punch at Barto at North Sydney oval one afternoon and he looked at him like a fly had just buzzed past him and then unleashed an array of combinations and Soden fell over :lol:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
for me close to my absolute faves would have to be jeremy smith..

Became a fan of his when he was playong for the cheats, so was stoked when we signed him..

He's not the biggest player in the comp, but he could bring down anyone in defence like they'd been shot.. and bloody hard to stop in attack..

I honestly don't think we'd have beaten moltzen's mummies in the prelim final in '10 if he wasn't playing, and he was damn unlucky not to win clive during the GF..

Yep, close to my fave dragon..

even though he only ended up playing a grand total of about 8 games for us because of injury..

f**k yes.

gypsy

Bench
Wayne Bartrim. I idolised him as a young kid in 1999. He had a bumper season once he got himself fit. Destroyed the Roosters one afternoon at the SFS. I remember Mark Soden throwing a punch at Barto at North Sydney oval one afternoon and he looked at him like a fly had just buzzed past him and then unleashed an array of combinations and Soden fell over :lol:

I think after that brawl, the Bears coach took Matts Ears off and Soden back on again.

ingles

Juniors
Billy Smith by far ....

the other legends that everyone else has named ,

Scott Gourlay ,

Brian Johnson ( imo the best Dragons fullback since Langlands/ Goodwin )

from left field ..... Brian " Chicka" Norton , Barry Beath , Harry Eden , Apisai Toga - absolutely great memories of watching these guys at the old SCG " Match of the day" - they ran like backs out wide and terrorised the defences .

Brian Johnstone ...sheer class as a player and a person

Hell .... just WAY too many to list ..... so , ANYONE that has worn the red V !!!!!!

saintania

Juniors
Mark Coyne and Brad Mackay. Both champions, perfect role models and real gentlemen in my eyes.

Oops, forgot Lance Thompson. The man played with the same passion I would if I was talented enough (and male enough) to play for St. George.

Last edited:

Dragoness

Juniors
Matt Cooper for his passion, loyalty and the fact that he's Sexy & pleasant to the eye (oops, can I say that here??):sarcasm:

I also enjoyed watching Mundine, Blacklock & Loved Thomo

SEAT 1A

Bench
Barto scored an unbelievable try against the Raiders in the playoffs back in the day

Will never forget that try. Also, Ben Creagh's one against Newcastle.

Another one of my fravorites was Mick Potter.

Can't remember the year however, it was a game at Kogarah against Manly. He caught a bomb and Ian Roberts smashed him. Thought he was dead and Roberts gave it to him. Mick brushed himself off and played the ball.

Father Ted

First Grade
Will never forget that try. Also, Ben Creagh's one against Newcastle.

Another one of my fravorites was Mick Potter.

Can't remember the year however, it was a game at Kogarah against Manly. He caught a bomb and Ian Roberts smashed him. Thought he was dead and Roberts gave it to him. Mick brushed himself off and played the ball.

Think I remember that day The crowd at Kogarah was giving Roberts heaps about being Gay and he went on the Crazy pills for most of the second half. Damm near killed Gary Jack on another occasion.

Latest posts