What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Females and Rugby League

Kiki

First Grade
oh and thanks mac!!

oh and mik, most of our readers are actually guys. they like the humour. as do alot players and people in the footy community. you may be offended by us, but thankfully you seem to be in the minority.

Admiral Awesome

Juniors
Kiki - I applaud any die hard RL fan - we need all the supporters we can get, male or female.

I have to point out that you and your friends perpetuate the stereotype that chicks are interested in footy cos they just want to screw the players...

sorry - you probably don't intend it that way, but your website is full of comments about footy players and their looks (not football talent), your use of 'interns' is pretty sexist really, and your website seems to be squarely aimed at chicks.

this just seems to be such double standards - sure some of the dickheads on this forum have said some sexist crap - but how are you girls any different?
you say you are all 'serious', yet footy players are a sexual object to you all... Rebecca Magnay, Wilson, Spillane et all never resorted to 'nudge nudge wink wink' reporting.

so from a credibility perspective, what exactly are you all trying to achieve in the quest for women RL supporters to be seen as credible authorities on the sport?

Dude that's one pretty lame post. Commenting on someone's looks/even objectifying them, doesn't mean you wanna screw them.. generally. I often comment on a girls appearance and to this day i've never had a reply along the lines of 'lets go right now'.

Why then, should it be different from a female perspective?

Face reality mate, many girls (& some dudes ) do have an interest in footy for the players and not the game. Doesnt mean they wanna shag them.

Kiki + Sassy are catering to both crowds. Those that know the game, and those that know the personalities. I'm sure deep down Mic, u think Coopers a bit of a Hot Bitch.. ha.

Kiki

First Grade
thanks admiral.

fact is mik, sassy and i know the game inside out. i gurantee you i watch more footy and know more about the game than most of my mates. because i give matt cooper a nickname doesn't change that fact.

you couldn't do what we do on Errol without a knowledge of the game, which is why so many people in the footy community read it and love what we do. last week i heard from some legends of the game that they think what we do is awesome and i think i'll put more stock in their opinion than yours.

Tom Ace

Bench
Charmyne-Palavi.jpg

Charmyne Palavi.. The more I look at it I'm convinced he used to be a dude what do ya recon has he had the full cut and tuck

vulture.jpg

Kiki

First Grade
errr anyway

what i forgot to say to mik01 and his rant about our interns being sexist....'intern john john' is John Williams from the Cowboys and he reads Errol and thinks it's funny. not even that but in conjuntion with the Cowboys management, we arranged for him to grow a moustache for our Movember 2008 campaign and he sent us a weekly update photo of his mo. our readers loved it, sponsored him and together we raised about 1500 bucks for an awesome cause.

so fairly sure if John and his club don't have a problem with it, no one else should either.

mik01

Juniors
Dude that's one pretty lame post. Commenting on someone's looks/even objectifying them, doesn't mean you wanna screw them.. generally. I often comment on a girls appearance and to this day i've never had a reply along the lines of 'lets go right now'.

Why then, should it be different from a female perspective?

Face reality mate, many girls (& some dudes ) do have an interest in footy for the players and not the game. Doesnt mean they wanna shag them.

Kiki + Sassy are catering to both crowds. Those that know the game, and those that know the personalities. I'm sure deep down Mic, u think Coopers a bit of a Hot Bitch.. ha.

wow - you're an idiot.

i never said that commenting on someone's looks means you want to screw them.

My post highlighted the disparity between them wanting to come across as 'serious' reporters and the commentary on the website in relation to men as sex objects.

we blokes can take that sort of stuff as tounge in cheek - so why can't women when its reversed?

this whole thread relates to women reporters in RL and comments have been made in relation to their level of 'serious commentary' and their so called 'worthiness' to report on the game.

you should note that I actually supported a few female reporters as there have been quite a few.

so, rather than resort to petty name calling and the typical 'oh you're such a cave man' bullsh*t response, how about you read the thread and see what I have written and what it refers to (clearly) before posting a waste of space...

Kiki

First Grade
mik when the HELL did either of us ever say we wanted to come across as 'serious reporters'??? deadset mate, you have just made that up.

also i noticed you didn't reply to Sassy's post which addressed each of your points.

mik01

Juniors
errr anyway

what i forgot to say to mik01 and his rant about our interns being sexist....'intern john john' is John Williams from the Cowboys and he reads Errol and thinks it's funny. not even that but in conjuntion with the Cowboys management, we arranged for him to grow a moustache for our Movember 2008 campaign and he sent us a weekly update photo of his mo. our readers loved it, sponsored him and together we raised about 1500 bucks for an awesome cause.

so fairly sure if John and his club don't have a problem with it, no one else should either.

good for you.
you girls need to take criticism as well as dishing it out.

Sassy's response, again along the condescending lines of 'oh you poor uneducated male', falls far short of responding to the comparison I was drawing in the post.

I don't need educating from you girls thanks.

I didn't find your website offensive.
I merely proposed the question of what constituted being taken seriously as a reporter in sport? The OP brought up that the women reporters were 'tokens'.

well I don't care if you are male or female, I want to hear good comments, good questions and thoughtful summaries out of ALL personalities involved in league.

your comment that 'if he isn't offended, then no one else should be' - really? hmmmm.... Since when do you hold yourself as the moral gauge of society? some people would find it offensive, and they have a right to voice their opinions.

So, my post was designed to challenge your comments that you are obviously different from those chicks who chase footy players -
I know you are cos you told me, but how does your website, and its objectification of footy players as sex objects, portray you as any different????
it was also meant to serve as a comment in relation to the posts that blokes 'generally' think women who love RL are in it for the sexy players - and what your 'reporting' does to dispel that myth.

its a genuine question, and doesn't require a 'neanderthal man' response, or a personal attack in relation to how I'm supposedly 'inadequate' with the ladies.

for the record, I think you girls are doing some great stuff and good luck to you with whatever you do.
but you do need to learn to take criticism (or constructive feedback) and not resort to 'little man' syndrome responses to defend yourself.

You put yourself out there in the media - you need to harden up...

Kiki

First Grade
okay i just went back and read what sassy and i said and once again, you are literally just making stuff up.

neither of us called you a 'little man' or even barely implied it.

obviously you have a complex.

my point about John is that if the players get the jokes and arent offended by it, that's all i care about. i would never want any of them to feel weird about it and as far as i know, none of them do.

you don't really get some of jokes on Errol (or like them...whatever) and that's fine. we don't need everyone to like it.

btw i think you think Sassy and I are on some sort of mission to change the world or something. we aren't. we write what we find funny about league and people seem to like it. thats as far as it goes.

mik01

Juniors
mik ... if you read errol you'll see we've made fun of ourselves before for objectification. we are well aware that we do it. and, shock horror, we like it! we think it's fun and funny.

I've read it and I think its mildly amusing. I won't be going back cos I expected it to be a more 'serious' take on female involvement in RL - but thats not a criticism of the site nor of you.

seems like you're from the camp kiki talked about earlier, where you believe that if you have anything to do with rl as a woman you can either find the players hot, in which case posters like you will suggest that we are bimbos or sexist, or you can be a Serious Reporter.

seems like you are putting words into someone's mouth - re read my post again and try not to get emotional in your response.

we say a lot that doesn't have to do with looks, but in amongst it there are pics from gods of football (which the players choose to pose for) and nicknames like hot bitch cooper.

good for you. but you do of course admit that sexual objectification is a major point of your site.

we're straight girls and we don't feel the need to pretend NOT to find players hot just so that people like you will believe that we have brains and actually like the game, too.

again, resorting to personal attacks when faced with serious comment is lame and shows a thin skin. who cares if you find them hot? I don't - and never said I did.

believe it or not - we can do both. personally, I'm not offended by the notion of talking about people's appearance. I dunno if you've noticed but we have never said anything about boys (or gay girls) checking out the cheerleaders at the footy.

i applaud that you can perve and enjoy the footy at the same time. again, nothing to do with the content of my post.

it's only human! and our readers, from what we can tell, are pretty much split half and half between women and men. we were just down in Orange for country origin week, and all the footy players and team coaches we met thought Errol was really funny. no one for a second suggested that we were bimbos or whores or that the site is sexist.

good - and neither did I. but I'd hazard a guess that some people do. and in context of my post, those who don't 'get' your website humour could be forgiven for thinking its a vehicle for those types of chicks who chase footy players...

all of what we do is tongue in cheek, and that includes talking about appearance as well as footy. if we wanted to be f**king players, we would be off ... f**king players. not writing a website.

who said you should be players? where did this come from?

re: interns, I would agree with you that it's sexist if we implied that all men are halfwit and servile, but we don't. actually intern brownie was always smarter than us. go back and have a read! they're all MALE because we talk about league. it's not rocket science.

ummm - you actually do. don't they serve you? isn't that what is 'implied' expressly?

hope that helps matey.

helps me out greatly thanks - can't take a tiny dose of criticism. perhaps you are in the wrong game ...

mik01

Juniors
haahah oh mik. you are a halfwit.

i probably shouldn't bother addressing you because a) you obviously don't get what Errol is about (your loss btw) and b) Sassy already handed your ass to you.

but lets do this anyway. when did i ever say i was 'all serious'? what does that even mean?

if you had even the most basic level of comprehension you would realise that the slightly pervy vibe on Errol exists purely for laughs. we have even specifically stated, in our About section, that we are not interested in shagging players. so perhaps you should do your research before you lay into us.

also as Sassy said, i don't have a problem with the cheerleaders thread and u guys perving on them. who gives a crap. good looking people are nice to look at. so im not being hypocritical.

btw all the players know we don't wanna shag them and treat us as such. they seem to be able to understand that, so you should do.

so these comments aren't derogatory in any way Kiki?
aren't you trying to belittle me to prove you're better than me?

ps - I've made my point - no point in arguing with super defensive people who wish to flame and belittle others because they can't discuss something rationally. you will note I never attacked you or your website - merely posed some questions seeking answers.

Last edited:

Latest posts