What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Females and Rugby League

Cloud9

I don't know, she just seems there in a "token sense" still.

By your logic, for it to be genuine, we should only have ex-players on. I don't think Andrew Voss is genuine - he's the token nerd. But he appears genuine because he blends in with the other blokes.
Watching a sheila is a welcome relief, after all they make up half the viewing audience, and deserve a voice.

Loudstrat

Coach
Poor boy - you still here?

Thought you would have run away after your "Why are you picking on me? I'll dob on you to the moderators" PM you sent to me.

And yes, when I am in here I know I am getting therapy - your inane rants from your rubber room remind me of that. Mark 123, Dangertwat, Poor boy. Multiple personality disorder is alive and well.....

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Don't know if anyone ever recalls seeing Taylor's wife on the Sunday Footy show on occasion. I have only caught her on a few times - but she seemed at ease when talking about League. Definitely did not appear as scripted. As long as there are no Lee Furlong types - then why not?

Engine

Juniors
Hey Kiki, honey. Look here. You have to ask yourself in future when you come here. Who you are joining a forum with?

This thread is really a clear indication of the desparate and confused guys who visit these forums.

They lack honesty and authenticity, and favour insult slinging to intelligent debate or opinion.

Love, if you cant beat them, join them. But we know you are more mature than that.

Take Loudstrat for instance, he has so much built up anger and frustration, one wonders how he manages with his anger management ON TOP of the dumb additions he makes everyday. Maybe he considers this his therapy.

Or poor engine. He needs some oil and T.L.C.

Then there are the guys who are deluded. I actually only came on here originally to check out the crowd watch thread when foxsports was not updated. I made a few replies to a post here or there.....now people think i am this dude: mark123?

Will someone tell me WHO THE F (_) K IS MARK123? :roll: is his last name 456?

You people are bonkers.

This thread is crazy:

I like tits and ass, sure, like all the other guys, but a girl needs to be a total 10 on the inside as well.

Do any of you losers know how to keep a girl like that?

Well, look at Engine: he doesnt.

My whole thing about this thread is, its really hitting home who you people really are....misfits some, mangled-up-confused-women-haters others.

Does Engine sound like someone who is healthy to you?

Kiki, i'd be questioning who you are conversing with on here....i certainly am.

In my opinion some guys on here, especially based on what is going on in this thread: lack self-control, are confused about women, lack authenticy, would not trust very far, prone to insults...sorry loudstrat, but thats poor emotional handling just there, which hints at even bigger problems.

You can go on and say its all a gee-up....but i think that ship has sailed

Loudstrat: All of your ancestors must number in the millions; it's hard to believe that many people are to blame for producing you.....

but you sir, you are not very articulate, so we mostly get ball and d i ck jokes, etc....which means you are not very clever either.

Lol, you like to throw the odd insult around. But, I know you are more mature than that ;-)

Tom Ace

Bench
Saw this reaction when it was suggested that Top Gear have a female presenter on their show.

Interesting viewpoint.

Drop the macho: Top Gear under pressure to tone down sexism

The famously juvenile boys-toys show Top Gear could soon be under arrest from the PC police – with some aiming to make the show “less sexist”.

The show was targeted this week as a result of a new bill which has been drafted with the intent to “promote equality” and “fight discrimination in all its forms”.

The ‘Equality Bill’ also aims to introduce transparency in the workplace – and will attempt to tackle the gender pay gap.

It has been suggested by some academics that Top Gear, with several other BBC shows, could be considered for review under the bill due to their “entrenched, institutional sexism”.

The show has been criticized for its heavy leaning towards male dominated presentation – however, these assertions have been quickly dismissed by heads of the show.

"If the show is allegedly female-unfriendly, why is almost half the audience female?” said Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman.

"Secondly, if we are to have a female presenter just to represent the sexes, then by that logic Loose Women needs a bloke in the line-up pretty sharpish.”

"I actually believe these sorts of mandates are patronising to women viewers, because they assume that women can't enjoy a show's presenters on merit, but can only appreciate a program if spoken to by one of their own sex."

There are also fears the bill could impede on editorial independence for broadcasters in a wider sense – a freedom which is currently protected by government policy.

"Allowing broadcasters creative and intellectual freedom over the content of their programmes is vital in a free society," Jeremy Hunt, cultural spokesperson for The Conservatives, wrote in a letter to the Department of Culture Media and Sport.

"It is a real concern that the BBC and Channel 4 are not included in the list of public bodies exempt from the requirements of the bill. Both broadcasters have an important role in focusing attention on important social issues, but editorial independence must be sacrosanct."

http://www.livenews.com.au/entertai...pressure-to-tone-down-sexism/2009/4/30/204654

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
By your logic, for it to be genuine, we should only have ex-players on.
Not at all, it's about the person's level of comfort in front of the camera and Magnay seems uneasy.
I don't think Andrew Voss is genuine - he's the token nerd. But he appears genuine because he blends in with the other blokes.
Totally agree, Vossy's inclusion on TFS is laughable.
Watching a sheila is a welcome relief, after all they make up half the viewing audience, and deserve a voice.
Totally agree.

adamkungl

Immortal
Saw this reaction when it was suggested that Top Gear have a female presenter on their show.

Interesting viewpoint.

Drop the macho: Top Gear under pressure to tone down sexism

The famously juvenile boys-toys show Top Gear could soon be under arrest from the PC police – with some aiming to make the show “less sexist”.

The show was targeted this week as a result of a new bill which has been drafted with the intent to “promote equality” and “fight discrimination in all its forms”.

The ‘Equality Bill’ also aims to introduce transparency in the workplace – and will attempt to tackle the gender pay gap.

It has been suggested by some academics that Top Gear, with several other BBC shows, could be considered for review under the bill due to their “entrenched, institutional sexism”.

The show has been criticized for its heavy leaning towards male dominated presentation – however, these assertions have been quickly dismissed by heads of the show.

"If the show is allegedly female-unfriendly, why is almost half the audience female?” said Top Gear executive producer Andy Wilman.

"Secondly, if we are to have a female presenter just to represent the sexes, then by that logic Loose Women needs a bloke in the line-up pretty sharpish.”

"I actually believe these sorts of mandates are patronising to women viewers, because they assume that women can't enjoy a show's presenters on merit, but can only appreciate a program if spoken to by one of their own sex."

There are also fears the bill could impede on editorial independence for broadcasters in a wider sense – a freedom which is currently protected by government policy.

"Allowing broadcasters creative and intellectual freedom over the content of their programmes is vital in a free society," Jeremy Hunt, cultural spokesperson for The Conservatives, wrote in a letter to the Department of Culture Media and Sport.

"It is a real concern that the BBC and Channel 4 are not included in the list of public bodies exempt from the requirements of the bill. Both broadcasters have an important role in focusing attention on important social issues, but editorial independence must be sacrosanct."

http://www.livenews.com.au/entertai...pressure-to-tone-down-sexism/2009/4/30/204654

Good article.

Quite simply, male/female shouldn't come into consideration when picking hosts for The Footy Show. The only question should be "Is Magnay's (and/or anyone else's) presence/personality better than the other candidates?".

Last edited:

mik01

Juniors
i dont understand why men think they instantly have more credibility when it comes to footy. unless they are ex players or coaches, they don't. having a penis doesn't automatically equal footy wisdom. it is so arrogant.

me on the other hand, its either assumed i'm not a 'real fan' or that i just wanna screw the players. its like i have to justify my love for league constantly and it's such bullsh*t.

Kiki - I applaud any die hard RL fan - we need all the supporters we can get, male or female.

I have to point out that you and your friends perpetuate the stereotype that chicks are interested in footy cos they just want to screw the players...

sorry - you probably don't intend it that way, but your website is full of comments about footy players and their looks (not football talent), your use of 'interns' is pretty sexist really, and your website seems to be squarely aimed at chicks.

this just seems to be such double standards - sure some of the dickheads on this forum have said some sexist crap - but how are you girls any different?
you say you are all 'serious', yet footy players are a sexual object to you all... Rebecca Magnay, Wilson, Spillane et all never resorted to 'nudge nudge wink wink' reporting.

so from a credibility perspective, what exactly are you all trying to achieve in the quest for women RL supporters to be seen as credible authorities on the sport?

Pass the Ball

Juniors
The female presenter on the UK top gear gets those cars just as sideways as the blokes...She is awesome...I like all the top gear presenters though to be honest..

Apey

Staff member
tracy-is-wrong.jpg

Flapper

First Grade
The way I see it is, if Kiki and Sass want to use the angle about "hotness" as it were in Oh Errol, I don't have a problem with it. The reason is thus: Women, like us men, like perving at talent. I watch the Trans-Tasman Championship a lot, and it isn't always for the netball. If they can provide the girls with a reason to watch it in the first place, they'll like the game for what it is, and watch it even if someone like Brad Meyers is playing. It's a hook to get more women watching footy. And it's a good hook.

Poor boy - you still here?

Thought you would have run away after your "Why are you picking on me? I'll dob on you to the moderators" PM you sent to me.

And yes, when I am in here I know I am getting therapy - your inane rants from your rubber room remind me of that. Mark 123, Dangertwat, Poor boy. Multiple personality disorder is alive and well.....

hmmmm, right....

You should have taken up the option when your parents asked YOU to run away as a child.

You only have one brain cell - and its fighting for dominance.

Mate, its like a half-wit gave you his mind - and you held onto it.

You need to change dealers......theres a village somewhere missing an idiot....

The way I see it is, if Kiki and Sass want to use the angle about "hotness" as it were in Oh Errol, I don't have a problem with it. The reason is thus: Women, like us men, like perving at talent. I watch the Trans-Tasman Championship a lot, and it isn't always for the netball. If they can provide the girls with a reason to watch it in the first place, they'll like the game for what it is, and watch it even if someone like Brad Meyers is playing. It's a hook to get more women watching footy. And it's a good hook.

sex is behind everything.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Here's a suggestion for a pretty intersting women's panel on the Footy Show:
  • Germaine Greer - intellectually overwhelming and not afraid to make the big calls
  • Sarah Murdoch - can be asked to explain why her idiot husband f**ked the game up in the 90s and when is Daddy-in-law going to piss out off of rugby league
  • Katie Milligan - girlfriend perspective on rugby league players, alcohol and integrity
  • Rebecca Wilson - unlikely to contribute anything but rubbish - but seeing Germaine tear a few strips would be entertaining
  • Singo's wife - in depth discussion on revolving doors
  • Daughter of the Manly sponsor belted by Watmough
  • Eagle Angels - general questions about attitiude to sexual assualt, binge drinking etc and Snake
Now - that would be a good show - as long as we don't see shots of Vautin ogling them and Johns dressing up as a woman to add some "comedy".

typicalfan

Coach
Germaine wouldn't be caught dead in Australia. One of those journalists that talk more than they know.