What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fergo

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So some of us believe that Fergo is now worth 500k+ , despite being hated by most of the fans, being on a charge at 2230 and walking out to win a premiership with a team with no chance. Time bomb waiting to go off. Yeah, lets get him back. Wont be able to go anywhere locally without getting verbally abused. At least Uncle Anthony can teach him to defend himself and Khoder help to find another club. Oh I forgot , with Fergo comes the Khoder Nasser circus. I won't pay good money to contribute towards Fergo.. Will end up at the Dogs I reckon.

You said no to Carney
You said no to Inu
You said no to Dugan
now you are saying No to Ferguson.

All probably top top 10 backs in the game.

Feej

First Grade
It's all about risk/reward. Looks like we managed to do it with Carney, is it possible to do it again with Fergo? I'd take the risk.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I thought it was rubbish & assumed King would march straight into the raiders coaching job but it appears highly likely that Ricky will be heading to the Raiders.
Pharken weird world at the moment.
Ohh. Fergo to stay at Raiders.

Breadman

Juniors
I'm not sure the Carney analogy really works, they are quite different situations.

Fergo hasn't been punted, like Carney was twice and I'd imagine the offers that Fergo will be getting will
be a lot closer to his real worth than Carney's offers were.

It seemed that at the time, most clubs would've taken Carney as a bargain but weren't willing to risk too much coin on him.

Fergo may be a kn0b but he will certainly be in demand and what has he actually done?
Pinched an a$$, drank a fruity drink and was seen at a pub when he shouldn't have.

If we want him I don't think the 'opportunity' style of contract will get us anywhere near him at all.
I say we go hard and stroke that ego if need be.

can i ask why he is worth 500 or 500+ ?

what has he done to command that kind of money?

he only just cracked origin this year, he looked likely, but true to form dropped the ball on his first hit up

he hasn't even cemented a place in a representative team let alone play for Australia

he hasn't been part of a team to go deep into the finals, bar our 2008 campaign where he was fairly green, and put in dominant performances

add to that he is still carrying on like a goose off the field

why is everyone treating him like he is a marquee player all of a sudden? i just don't get it

yes he is a good footballer but crawl before you can walk, over inflated market value for mine

Vin Fizz

Bench
what has he actually done?
Pinched an a$$, drank a fruity drink and was seen at a pub when he shouldn't have. .

Well I could be wrong (often am) but I'm not sure you can get charged for what he has been charged for and has to stand before the beak to defend if he has just " Pinched an a$$". Benifit of the doubt on your comments there matey but id be one pissed orf dad if it was my daughter and I heard that comment.

Ads

First Grade
What Vin said. If the evidence is clear it won't matter who signs him next year he won't be playing much.

Feej

First Grade
NRL Outsider ‏@NRLOutsider 27m
BREAKING: Blake Ferguson seen at @Orange_CYMS training session this week, while speculation mounts about his future. #NRL

Vin Fizz

Bench
Hahah Feej. They are building a ripper of a side are the old CYMS. Kellys' Hotel will be rockin!!! They just need to get Maloney, Dan Mortimer, probably drag Britty out of retirement (all Orange fellas).

Special K

Coach
Ferguson is the best back in the game who isn't named Inglis. If he wasn't a head case he would be getting Inglis 750k type money.

Did you see the last game and only game he has played in the last 2 months? One of the try's he scored from a scrum he just got the ball one out and ran over/stepped 3 blokes from 20 out. Insane. He single handly turned the game for them with a few plays.

webShark

Ferguson is the best back in the game who isn't named Inglis. .

Possibly apart from

Hodges
The Morris twins
Jennings
Slater
Cronk
Cherry Evans
Foran
Matai
Lyon
Barba
Scheck
Boyd
Carney
Thurston
Hayne
Dugan

Not convinced he is above

Wighton
Mullen at best
Hopoate
Shawn Johnson

Did you really mean back or were you not thinking too much? Granted he had a blinder the other week. Plenty of players have great one offs or short periods of fame. Usually , you have to prove yourself but not any more. Just what has he achieved or is it all potential. Finally, would you sign a player with a sex conviction? (If convicted) Great for sponsors.

He is my second choice behind Milford of players asking for a Canberra release. Broncs landed lucky. May pickup Barba and Milford just because of where they are.

Frenzy.

Immortal
In 2013 $500k isn't even elite money. It's good money but wouldn't even put him in the top 20 earners.

Jennings is on over $600k. Lyon is way up there. Inglis came to the Rabbits as a centre and got $700+k.

We have centres on the books now on $350k who wouldn't hold a candle to Fergo.

Everyone wants Wighton. He'd cost $450-$500k.

Kill off ya prejudices and look at the player. Easily worth $500k is young Fergo.

Special K

Coach
Possibly apart from

Hodges
The Morris twins
Jennings
Slater
Cronk
Cherry Evans
Foran
Matai
Lyon
Barba
Scheck
Boyd
Carney
Thurston
Hayne
Dugan

Not convinced he is above

Wighton
Mullen at best
Hopoate
Shawn Johnson

Did you really mean back or were you not thinking too much? Granted he had a blinder the other week. Plenty of players have great one offs or short periods of fame. Usually , you have to prove yourself but not any more. Just what has he achieved or is it all potential. Finally, would you sign a player with a sex conviction? (If convicted) Great for sponsors.

He is my second choice behind Milford of players asking for a Canberra release. Broncs landed lucky. May pickup Barba and Milford just because of where they are.

I'm not including halves. If you would take Boyd or Matai over Ferguson you should go home because you are drunk. He is better then all those guys you named who are 1 - 5 if he can switch his head on, hell he goes great when he isn't even focused!

Edit - ill give you billy. I forgot him