What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fergo

Inferno

Coach
In 2013 $500k isn't even elite money. It's good money but wouldn't even put him in the top 20 earners.

Jennings is on over $600k. Lyon is way up there. Inglis came to the Rabbits as a centre and got $700+k.

We have centres on the books now on $350k who wouldn't hold a candle to Fergo.

Everyone wants Wighton. He'd cost $450-$500k.

Kill off ya prejudices and look at the player. Easily worth $500k is young Fergo.

This every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i will retract my earlier sentiments about Fergo staying at Raiders & just trying to get more dollars.
His position at the Raiders is now untennable.
He will be at a new club & I reckon it will be us.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
As much as I despised the guy for the way he poured a bucket of shit as he walked out the door.....time heals wounds.....get the knob back in a sharks jersey ffs. Supposedly the rorters and souffs have pulled out of the race. Leaves us and the dogs apparently. Could almost be the final piece in the puzzle IMO.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
As much as I despised the guy for the way he poured a bucket of shit as he walked out the door.....time heals wounds.....get the knob back in a sharks jersey ffs. Supposedly the rorters and souffs have pulled out of the race. Leaves us and the dogs apparently. Could almost be the final piece in the puzzle IMO.
Spoke to a an Ex Dogs coach today. He's in the know. he guarantees me Fergo is a done deal with the dogs. hes been wrong before, despite his well connectedness. I reminded him of something. Wo his new managers were. Choc & Khoder. The same guys that had to lend money to SBW to get away from the dogs. The same club that despite Choc giving the club $1 million, it came along with a restaring of trade clause taht siad SBW cannot play in the league for 4 years.
If Fergo will be at a club next year, it will be for around $500k
If Fergo plays at the dogs next year, he will earn $1.5 mil, or he just wont be there.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Are you saying that despite your mates mail that you think he's more likely to be a shark than a bulldog reefy? Fergo always said that he had strong connections to the sharks but wanted to play in a club which had the potential to win the comp.......guess that rules out sticky and definitely the goons!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Are you saying that despite your mates mail that you think he's more likely to be a shark than a bulldog reefy? Fergo always said that he had strong connections to the sharks but wanted to play in a club which had the potential to win the comp.......guess that rules out sticky and definitely the goons!
I got mail last week that Sticky will be at the Raiders. Bloke is a Manly legend that knows Mal. make of that what you will. What I am saying is that despite his well connectedness, he has overstated before what has appeared to be a done deal. In fact I will go as far back as Vagan when I sat with a Dogs director at hte time, one of the dogs plaeyrs fincancial managers & ex Australian player & this ex-coach & they reliably informed that Vagana would not be going anywhere. Well hes had another 3 wrong since then

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Just on that .....who the f**k in their right mind would sign sticky to a seven year contract. Given his track record- far more $$$ than sense. Thought Ricky was on record as saying he was in it for the long haul at parra.....IMO he's very fortunate that anyone is offering him anything coaching -wise.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Just on that .....who the f**k in their right mind would sign sticky to a seven year contract. Given his track record- far more $$$ than sense. Thought Ricky was on record as saying he was in it for the long haul at parra.....IMO he's very fortunate that anyone is offering him anything coaching -wise.
Not sure why. You have to remember he has only coached 1 non-basket case club. The roosters. & he got them to 3 grand finals & won 1. His ability to liase with player managers is first class. His team of coaches are first class. Exception is his scumbag trainer.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Spoke to a an Ex Dogs coach today. He's in the know. he guarantees me Fergo is a done deal with the dogs. hes been wrong before, despite his well connectedness. I reminded him of something. Wo his new managers were. Choc & Khoder. The same guys that had to lend money to SBW to get away from the dogs. The same club that despite Choc giving the club $1 million, it came along with a restaring of trade clause taht siad SBW cannot play in the league for 4 years.
If Fergo will be at a club next year, it will be for around $500k
If Fergo plays at the dogs next year, he will earn $1.5 mil, or he just wont be there.

Reefy, you just got done posting that you think we'll get Fergo, them 5mins later you post the above. Is that like an each way bet? :?

Card Shark

Immortal
i will retract my earlier sentiments about Fergo

I wanna retract my earlier statements too - he is just a walking / talking bad headline & we simply don't need that right now, do we. He's not worth it.

If he'd spent a year out of the spotlight playing local footy like Todd Carney did, he may be reformed. Trouble is, he hasn't suffered & had enough time to think about it.

carinashark

First Grade
BTR'stuff is getting way to complex these days. Im going back to the old ways of moon prophesises and goats entrails . Come on home Fergo , you know you want to.

cb4

First Grade
Fergo hasn't agreed to anything with anyone, because he has not asked to be released yet.

He has been approached by 2 clubs, us and the Rabbits, but he out priced himself at the Rabbits.

The Bulldogs can offer him Barba's current money, but we can and will offer him more.

Latest posts