What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fergo

Card Shark

Immortal
Thanks for the info 4. It does surprise me that we have much left in the salary cap tin.

If we must bid for him, & it seems we are, I hope we don't off ridiculous money for his him & his problems.

stevie013

Juniors
Just heard on fox sports, he is likely to be released today, and sign a 3 year deal with us by the end of the week

Quigs

Immortal
Just heard on fox sports, he is likely to be released today, and sign a 3 year deal with us by the end of the week

Well that will be

vodka-cruiser_4cd273a2bea11.jpg

all round.

Does this also mean that we will be having "The Choc" hanging around Shark Park like a bad smell. Now that's got to be good.

Anyhow if it means we win the comp than I don't give a flying.....

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
yay!!!! welcome back buddy.
Only joking bout that stuff I said.

just jokes ey?

need ya car washed? ...do you have a licencse? I can give ya a lift...

Card Shark

Immortal
And I'd be happy to buy them for him...he is exactly what we need IMO

He's not exactly what we need 13. He is bad news off the field.... That's exactly what we don't need atm. Anyway......

Hope he keeps his nose clean. I suppose if Todd takes him under his wing, he is some chance of doing that. Was that the reason he met with Todd?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Reefy, you just got done posting that you think we'll get Fergo, them 5mins later you post the above. Is that like an each way bet? :?
You mis-read. Fergo may go to Parra if Sticky is there. But Sticky may well be at the Raiders.
Fergo will nto stay at the Raiders. His position is untennable. I would say Brett White would have a say in that.

cb4

First Grade
Thanks for the info 4. It does surprise me that we have much left in the salary cap tin.

If we must bid for him, & it seems we are, I hope we don't off ridiculous money for his him & his problems.

The cap rises. We have used a bit of that on TC.

We re-signed toops on 250k a year. Leutele was slightly up graded.

We have signed Ayshford, but the Tigers are chipping in some of the coin for the first year.

Robbo got an Upgrade, Taga is on the same.

David Fifita is cheap. Thats why we signed him, and will re-sign him.

The whole purpose of our recruitment has been to get a marquee back, and surround them with cheap depth, as our forward pack speaks for itself.

I expect alot of 1 year deals.

There is money to go in a bidding war for Fergo, but for every time we have to raise, a player will be tapped on the shoulder.

Now, Pom and Gards are still on Ricky contracts don't forget.

I would expect us to pay close to 550-650 for Fergo, and sign a few NSW cup players, and 20's players.

Card Shark

Immortal
If we do get Fergo, is that the final nail in Poms coffin? (He's a right centre like Fergo isn't he?)

I hope not - if like to see him retained for depth on a cheap deal, if possible.

Edit: I guess that's what you mean if bidding for Fergo intensifies - he may be gone.

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
Anyhow if it means we win the comp than I don't give a flying.....

Quigs, I used to care about all the other stuff, but like you, winning the comp is all I care about now. I don't care what we do or who we sign to get there.

Weaponhead

Coach
The cap rises. We have used a bit of that on TC.

We re-signed toops on 250k a year. Leutele was slightly up graded.

We have signed Ayshford, but the Tigers are chipping in some of the coin for the first year.

Robbo got an Upgrade, Taga is on the same.

David Fifita is cheap. Thats why we signed him, and will re-sign him.

The whole purpose of our recruitment has been to get a marquee back, and surround them with cheap depth, as our forward pack speaks for itself.

I expect alot of 1 year deals.

There is money to go in a bidding war for Fergo, but for every time we have to raise, a player will be tapped on the shoulder.

Now, Pom and Gards are still on Ricky contracts don't forget.

I would expect us to pay close to 550-650 for Fergo, and sign a few NSW cup players, and 20's players.

This makes a lot of sense. Ferguson is a gun who is about to come into his prime. He ripped up the Roosters a few weeks ago when underdone. Physically, he is a beast who will only get better. If he can develop some professionalism then the sky is the limit.

This is a similar situation to Fifita. Lots of potential as players but with behavioural issues in part from a tough upbringing. The senior players seem to have modelled professionalism to Fifita who has worked hard and is now reaping the rewards. The job is to keep Ferguson focused. He needs to be given responsibility as a rep player with structures that support his development so that he can reach his potential. If he does then this will be a different team.

Ferguson makes things happen and will thrive with early ball from Carney.

Latest posts