What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Metal Heads

simmo1

First Grade
I've been listening to Heaven and Hell by black sabbath recently. I must say they are a completely different band when someone that can actually sing is fronting them. I like the Ozzy Sabbath, but Dio completely blows him out of the water. Love it.

Dio is my favourite metal singer of all time. if you haven't done so already, listen to some of the stuff he did with Rainbow. Such a powerful voice. Freaking amazing singer.

Dio is my favourite metal singer of all time. if you haven't done so already, listen to some of the stuff he did with Rainbow. Such a powerful voice. Freaking amazing singer.

Dio isn't bad, I do like some of the stuff he has been in, especially, as you said, Rainbow.

simmo1

First Grade
King Diamond has an awesome voice

Yup, he's another one of my favourites. Also like Rob Halford. Watch the video on YouTube 'We're Stars' by Hearing Aid. Some fantastic voices in there, and you can still hear Halfords voice over the top of everyone elses.

Akerfeldt and Townsend in one place - together?

I need a new computer...:sarcasm:

The Human Equation by Ayreon, bloody good album too.
This is the personnel list.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Human Equation by Ayreon, bloody good album too.
This is the personnel list.

Whoa...Good list!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Johnson's not bad, I do prefer Scott.

Scott's awesome. But I feel people write off post-Scott AC/DC because Johnson isn't as good.

But I reckon there's few better sounds in music than hearing Brian sing, "You've been.....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!"

The guy has, imo, a great rock 'n roll voice and energy.

Whoa...Good list!

It's one of those metal opera albums. Bloody love it.

Scott's awesome. But I feel people write off post-Scott AC/DC because Johnson isn't as good.

But I reckon there's few better sounds in music than hearing Brian sing, "You've been.....THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!!"

The guy has, imo, a great rock 'n roll voice and energy.

Definitely, it's so easy to write off the new era. I didn't like the new album much at all, plus I'm a sucker for classic Acca. It's a bit hard to get myself into the new era tbh.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Incidentally - anyone know of anything similar to the now-defunct Pandora Project? For those unaware, it was a website in which you could type in the name of a band or song and it would recommend artists who used similar styles.

I used to use it a lot to find new bands but it's gone now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
OMG I heart lastfm. They showed me a band similar to Heave Shall Burn (I love them; brutal stuff) called Naeara. Another German band. Melodic death. f**king awesome band. Never would have known about them had it not been for lastfm.