What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

lewiscook

Juniors
Gees i can just imagine the meeting with the ARU:

" Hey Quade this is a signed check now please put your price in, cheers"

True EEL

Bench
I have a feeling he'll come.

strangely enough, i have had the same funny feeling since this story broke too.....????

however, apparently the Knights are meant to be weighing in with a late offer based on apparently having nearly signed him 2 years ago from a heads up from Matty Johns???? was in DT today.....

lewiscook

Juniors
I wonder if there will be an announcement tonight with regards to what has gone on in the meeting between Quade and the ARU.
It's being said atm that the ARU are keen to work somethingout before the end of the week.

I wonder if there will be an announcement tonight with regards to what has gone on in the meeting between Quade and the ARU.
It's being said atm that the ARU are keen to work somethingout before the end of the week.
they will be screaming it from the rooftops if he re-signs but if things go quiet i think that might be a good sign for us

Rogue.9

Juniors
I think he will re-sign with union, leauge players use Union as a bargaining chip to get more money so I think he is just repaying the favour

boxhead

First Grade
EVERYONE!
On Nine News, Quade revealed after his talks with the ARU that he is "still uncertain".
You can bet your arses he is coming.
Remember what we were thinking earlier? If the ARU came out now and announced something, it would guarantee he was signing.
They haven't.
He also said, when asked about what the ARU offered him, "nothing yet".
Tell tale signs anyone???
If the speculation we had earlier, you know if he doesn't sign with them tonight he will come to us, is true, well from the way he was talking and acting as he left it looks like he is coming to the NRL, and to Parramatta.

Last edited:

lewiscook

Juniors
EVERYONE!
On Nine News, Quade revealed after his talks with the ARU that he is "still uncertain".
You can bet your arses he is coming.
Remember what we were thinking earlier? If the ARU came out now and announced something, it would guarantee he was signing.
They haven't.
He also said, when asked about what the ARU offered him, "nothing yet".
Tell tale signs anyone???
If the speculation we had earlier, you know if he doesn't sign with them tonight he will come to us, is true, well from the way he was talking and acting as he left it looks like he is coming to the NRL, and to Parramatta.

Saw it too, it did look promising imo.

jk13

First Grade
ch 9 said he was looking disillusioned after the aru meeting. and for once the description matched the footage

lewiscook

Juniors
ch 9 said he was looking disillusioned after the aru meeting. and for once the description matched the footage

I suppose you kind of think its a good think with regards to the assumed result of the meeting, but for some reason i still think he will remain with union. But what keeps me second guessing is the fact Quade hasn't officially come out and said i will remain with union etc. . .

The suspense is killing me!:crazy:

jk13

First Grade
then again, he had weidler all over him like the pox. maybe he was just trying to restrain himself from clocking the fanta pants

woddy

Juniors
I don't buy it ......I'll believe it WHEN he has signed ,bargaining chip? until then business as usual

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
It's gone well beyond a bargaining chip to get his deal up wouldn't you think?
Have to agree with that.
When a RL player uses RU as a bargaining chip sometimes you don't even hear of them having a meeting with the ARU, and the ARU will deny it as well.

There is a lot more to this than the old bargaining chip.
That doesn't mean he will sign, but he is obviously having a think about it.