What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

BunniesMan

Immortal
As an Everton fan I rarely play as them in career mode in any Fifa, to much emotional attachment to players stops me selling players at good prices and buying better players.

Every single transfer window so far City have been picked apart. They've lost Dzeko, Tevez (lol), Silva (who went to Barca, just to make them even more unbeatable), Kompany and Lescott and the only players they've brought in are Hamsik and Sneijder. Poor bastards couldn't even qualify for the Champions League in the first season so now they're stuck in the Europa League (luckily not in my group). Spurs somehow won the EPL (and pretty comfortably too).
On my Arsenal (1st season) Newcastle is somehow coming 1st by about 6 points.

And about it being tough to play with your team because of the emotional attachment clouding judgment, totally agree. Barcelona offered 39 million pounds for Aaron Ramsey (to cut the oranges at halftime I presume) and I couldn't sell.

Ausguy

Coach
My first season as Norwich finished this afternoon, i finished 6th, not bad with the bunch of hacks ive got.

i think i buggered up my contract negotiations though, i realised i extended players who were already contracted for next year befre dealing with the ones who are expiring. anyway... need a mid fielder now i just had one injured in a friendly.

do you guys put your crap teams in for friendlies? i will next year.

Also tips on the transfer period, go early or late for players? any general off season advice is appreciated.

When I do transfers I have a few rules
-always reject the first offer, generally they'll jack it up
-don't sign anyone over 25
-go for good players early, if nobodies biting then go for some dregs a bit later
-never sign a player who is in a position where you've got better (even if they'd still make the starting team)
-sell players who are having a cry because you won't play them
-sell as early as possible, give yourself time to find good player
-buy from other leagues

My first season as Norwich finished this afternoon, i finished 6th, not bad with the bunch of hacks ive got.

i think i buggered up my contract negotiations though, i realised i extended players who were already contracted for next year befre dealing with the ones who are expiring. anyway... need a mid fielder now i just had one injured in a friendly.

do you guys put your crap teams in for friendlies? i will next year.

Also tips on the transfer period, go early or late for players? any general off season advice is appreciated.

good job.

I started a new NP2 save with my pro as keeper to level him up, testing out the new growth and loan tweaks they made.

I put my first team in friendlies and use it to tweek or try out new tactics, no point not playing first team incase they get injured, can't wrap them in cotton lol.

Transfers I only really sell, so can't tell you about buys.

aqua_duck

Coach
Transfers are annoying, so far I'm 3 years into career mode with Lyon in the French Ligue 1, I've just won the domestic double and made the semis of the UCL but for some season I can't buy any players, so far in the current transfer win I've successfully negotiated a transfer fee for Jerome Boateng, Benny Howedes, Jan Vertongan, and Thomas Muller but they've all reject me because they were settled at their current clubs and didn't want to relocate, so I thought I'd go after some Ligue 1 players so I negotiated for Mamadou Sahko, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Loic Remy, Edin Hazard, Yoann Gouffran and Sabastian Bassong (who'd moved to Lille) once again I negotiated a fee but this time was rejected because they didn't want to sign for a club who was a rival. It's seriously shitting me to the point where I just want to quit and start anew career mode

cb4

First Grade
Transfers are annoying, so far I'm 3 years into career mode with Lyon in the French Ligue 1, I've just won the domestic double and made the semis of the UCL but for some season I can't buy any players, so far in the current transfer win I've successfully negotiated a transfer fee for Jerome Boateng, Benny Howedes, Jan Vertongan, and Thomas Muller but they've all reject me because they were settled at their current clubs and didn't want to relocate, so I thought I'd go after some Ligue 1 players so I negotiated for Mamadou Sahko, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Loic Remy, Edin Hazard, Yoann Gouffran and Sabastian Bassong (who'd moved to Lille) once again I negotiated a fee but this time was rejected because they didn't want to sign for a club who was a rival. It's seriously shitting me to the point where I just want to quit and start anew career mode

I had that problem in my Barcelona career.

I offered my fortune for Ronaldo, and offered him 800k a week and he still said no.

Started one with Arsenal and then just built an under 21 team.

Szczesny
Gabriel Silva - Munoz - Musacchio - Mario Gaspar
Shaqiri - Wilshere - Thiago
Chamberlain - Babacar - Hazard

Bench - Ramsey, Jenkinson, Berisha, Bartley, Miyaichi, Delfouneso and Casemiro.

Transfer listed everyone 22 or over. Still got a couple left over that other teams didn't want. Just hit jan transfer window and am in front by a point.

I get kinda bored using big teams. Obviously i went as Arsenal but only cause they had a decent transfer budget and some good young players...and they're my fav team.

Started one with Arsenal and then just built an under 21 team.

Szczesny
Gabriel Silva - Munoz - Musacchio - Mario Gaspar
Shaqiri - Wilshere - Thiago
Chamberlain - Babacar - Hazard

Bench - Ramsey, Jenkinson, Berisha, Bartley, Miyaichi, Delfouneso and Casemiro.

Transfer listed everyone 22 or over. Still got a couple left over that other teams didn't want. Just hit jan transfer window and am in front by a point.

I get kinda bored using big teams. Obviously i went as Arsenal but only cause they had a decent transfer budget and some good young players...and they're my fav team.

game is too easy at that level, try N Power league 2 with Macclesfield and bring them to glory :D

HowHigh

Coach
Yeah wait till you've gotta play a team like Man City in the League or FA Cup when the highest person on your team is rated 66 lol

game is too easy at that level, try N Power league 2 with Macclesfield and bring them to glory :D

barneyChallenge.jpg

Tom155

Coach
who are some good young players to sign fairly cheap in career mode i just started with a league 2 side?

HowHigh

Coach
hows your oxford save going? what league you in now and have you got any gems from scouting/youth squad?
l
Haven't really touched the game for a month, been busy with work and just got skyrim lol

Ill prob get back into it soon, gotta at least win the EPL and CL before it feels 'complete'

well, I whinged and I moaned and I though CB was wrong, but he was right all along, thanks to his help I love the defense on fifa 12. Thanks buddy.

^^anytime.

you doing alot of H2H?

I bought the game on PC so I'm on that alot so I don't really use my mates XBL much anymore

Ausguy

Coach
Your players have to have high enough overall ability to do the tricks... watch the tutorial and then just practise

Latest posts