What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFA 2022 WORLD CUP - NRL Support

lockyno1

Post Whore
Thank goodness we lost the bid, what a complete an utter waste of taxpayers money though, $45 million down the drain..go Labor, lol

juro

Bench
It's pretty embarrassing for Australia to see how the votes turned out. I guess we don't need to worry now about whether the NRL or AFL does better out of it...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I've never seen so many puffed out little chests deflated at once - footsoccerball can stop dreaming that they were any more than a distant 3rd in the code totem pole in this country or that they were a big cheese in FIFA politics. For once the NRL's inactivity and inability to make a decision held it in good stead - it doesn't look like an arrogant tool like the AFL and it doesn't lose either. Although a new stadium here and there would have been nice.

Some fun facts about Qatar:

Third largest city in Qatar has a population of 31,000
Average maximum temperature in July is 46C
Average minimum temperature in July is 29C

how the f*ck did this country get the soccer world cup?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
some fun facts about qatar:

Third largest city in qatar has a population of 31,000
average maximum temperature in july is 46c
average minimum temperature in july is 29c

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

applesauce

Bench
Some fun facts about Qatar:

Third largest city in Qatar has a population of 31,000
Average maximum temperature in July is 46C
Average minimum temperature in July is 29C

I'll give a couple more.

THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED IN A WORLD CUP.
THEY HAVE A WORLD RANKING OF 113.

Let's give the tournament to Afganistan (they have a bigger population) would help with peace efforts and grow the game... Oh wait they are not sitting on 15% of the worlds natural gas.

I wouldn't care nearly as much if it went to Abu Darbi or Dubai, at least they have the infrastructure and population and are considered the hearts of the Middle-East.

It's a joke the USA lost out to Qatar.

TooheysNew

Coach
Let's say a bit about Qatar culture...

They live under sharia law. They still practice slavery. Beating your wife/s is permitted. Importing servants from poor Asian nations (india, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc) and paying them a monthly salary of a few bucks is the norm.

I could go on and on....

But no, complaining about not being able to buy a beer says more about our culture :roll:
Nice rant, but I was actually referring to the person two posts above me saying they'd never heard of Qatar. Sauce posted while I was, and i made the mistake of not quoting.

Couldn't care less about the beer.

Thanks for sharing your superior intellect with me through that lesson though. I honestly had no idea... :roll:

Last edited:

Goddo

Bench
Well, our bid went to sh!t when the AFL forced all the oval grounds into it. A lot of wind went out of the sails at that point. I didn't think we would win, but was optimistic.

That said, the US should have hosted it since our bid was inadequate.

Timbo

Staff member
The realization that we won't be getting a new stadium has hit. :(

BunniesMan

Immortal
The things you can do when your sitting on a sh*tload of gas and oil and can afford building a series of major air conditioned stadiums that will be used for a month and then dismantled. And when you always have some spare cash sitting around to use for bribes...

fourplay

Juniors
The realization that we won't be getting a new stadium has hit. :(

Was it even guaranteed that it would be a rectangular ground? I thought it might have been one of those adjustable grand stand stadiums.

Anyway Australia doesnt deserve the world cup when half the stadiums are ovals.

Timbo

Staff member
Was it even guaranteed that it would be a rectangular ground? I thought it might have been one of those adjustable grand stand stadiums.

Anyway Australia doesnt deserve the world cup when half the stadiums are ovals.

No ours was to be a mini suncorp.