What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

Borat.

Juniors
Dean Ritchie just said the club let Fifita go to the sharks cause they see him as a poor trainer- "lazy at training" But they will only let him go if They take Gibbs to

He also said Fulton, Moltzen and Hino have been shopped around ....

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
So his lazy at training, but he still picks him in 1st grade, right there is the issue, it's called discipline...
Fifita just needs his attitude re-aligned if Sheens can't be bothered thats the Tigers loss

macnaz

Staff member
So his lazy at training, but he still picks him in 1st grade, right there is the issue, it's called discipline...
Fifita just needs his attitude re-aligned if Sheens can't be bothered thats the Tigers loss

A great point you make. Also he seems to have lost a hell of a lot of weight and picked up his on field workrate 10 fold... not bad for a guy that wont train... :shock: Just more Teflon buck passing bullshit if u ask me.

andrew9148

Juniors
Perhaps you should read your own work, before you criticise anyone elses? Just thought the word was a bit over the top to use on a sports person.
I understand that Fifita is leaving for more money & the club is prepared to let him go? If he is, good luck to him. It's sport, it happens.

Thanks for that. I will go and fix up all my spelling mistakes. Really helpful.

cb4

First Grade
Gibbs and Fafita have agreed to terms.

Looks like we are in the running for one of the others, that isnt Liam Fulton.

innsaneink

Referee
I cant blame Fifita, I too would move if offered a significant increase in salary to do the same job.
The fact it seems weve painted ourselves into a corner somewhat and are unable to negate this is whats disappointing.
Weve been trumped...by the Sharks of all clubs

AB129*

Juniors
The Cronulla Tigersharks

The Cronulla-Sutherland Tigereelsharks actually. But close.

Your management has f**ked up on this one. My Club does it all the time, so we're good at spotting it.

Blame Humphreys or whoever's managing the cap over there.

Actually, blame Tinkler too- this probably wouldn't have happened if he'd kept his chubby fingers to himself.

boonboon

Juniors
So Fifita was offered a lot more then we thought he was worth and we both wouldn't and couldnt match it - seems both player and club have done the right thing

N.C.

Juniors
So Fifita was offered a lot more then we thought he was worth and we both wouldn't and couldnt match it - seems both player and club have done the right thing

It could only be this simple if he was not under contract for another year.

This is not about a bidding war - we should not have had to match the Sharks offer because we already own the rights to the guy (so to speak).

There must be more to it if we are looking to offload...

But now I feel like we're talking in circles.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Time to move on and trust in the CEO and coach. Not too many players have come back to make the club regret its decision. If it is a close d about which player to retain and which to let go, being a poor trainer may well come into consideration.

N.C.

Juniors
Far more likely a matter of which contracted players are actually wanted by other clubs... hence get made a serious offer (ie an offer which sees them out of our cap completely, rather than paying less than what we do so we still have to pick up the difference for another year or more).

In which case, we're talking about salary cap mismanagement, and we should be inclined to question the CEO and coach rather than trust them.

Let's not pretend rugby league football clubs are always run with impunity, and that boards of directors always know best... I'm not saying ours is, or isn't... Just that it's possible and we'd be silly to assume it's not.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am happy to have him.

the lazy trainer thing is of concern, but he is young a forward, best year in front, and he gets a chance to start.

innsaneink

Referee
It could only be this simple if he was not under contract for another year.

This is not about a bidding war - we should not have had to match the Sharks offer because we already own the rights to the guy (so to speak).

There must be more to it if we are looking to offload...

But now I feel like we're talking in circles.
There was an option mentioned in his deal, it was reported as a ''by the way'' extra topic when Woods was re-signed.

N.C.

Juniors
Not quite sure what your point is, ink... As I understand it, we've "taken up the option" (as mentioned in the article you've referenced) - meaning he is under contract. In order for the Sharks to get him (at any price), he'll need a release...

innsaneink

Referee
Not quite sure what your point is, ink... As I understand it, we've "taken up the option" (as mentioned in the article you've referenced) - meaning he is under contract. In order for the Sharks to get him (at any price), he'll need a release...

Thats what I initially thought but apprently it may be a two way option or something like that....Im very unclear on the situation myself

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8128&start=90&time=1307881844

Vicious

Bench
Thats what I initially thought but apprently it may be a two way option or something like that....Im very unclear on the situation myself

http://www.weststigersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8128&start=90&time=1307881844

I think you will find we have taken up the option and do not have to let him go if we don`t want to.
Problem being he is reportedly being offered double by the Sharks and would have his manager approaching the club stating that he wants the Wests Tigers to go close to matching the Sharks offer or would like to be released to take up the larger offer.
At the end of the day if the player doesn`t want at be at the club, keeping him against his will would mean there is a very good chance he will play the season with his heart not really in it.

I don`t know, but I wouldn`t mind betting that the hold up is with the Wests Tigers seeing what they can possibly offer players such as Fifita in the following seasons to see if they can convince him to stay.