What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

Canard

Immortal
How much do you think Union can pay him, in all honesty?

I don't think he'll find a lack of suitors in the NRL willing to pay ~$500k.

I would imagine from an Australian perspective he isn't that bigger a name (yet) to attract the ARU topping any deal up.

elbusto

Coach
How much do you think Union can pay him, in all honesty? Personally I think he was talking straight out of his arsehole when he brought up Union.

I don't think he'll find a lack of suitors in the NRL willing to pay ~$500k. The Knights were talking to him until it was revealed what the Dogs were prepared the pay. I'm sure we're not the only club that needs a good prop for next year.
To make any money he will have to move to Europe.

Deacon

First Grade
You are nuts.

The sharks need players like him right now.... at 500K not 800 though.

Regardless of yur thoughts on him as a bloke, he will attract other players and clubs need to think about it without the bullshit emotion.

Hope ur not speaking on behalf of the club, who in there right mind wants a player at there club who doesn't wanna even play the sport. Good riddance I say

Fazz_138

Juniors
Lol. What a gimp. Honestly, The Dogs have dodged a bullet here. Maybe they can sign Hayne/Milford/Tedesco now, which would be a much smarter purchase.

ek999

First Grade
The Sharks have been made aware of the latest developments relating to Andrew Fifita and his proposed 2015-2018 NRL Playing Contract with the Bulldogs.
No doubt this situation will be confusing and disappointing for Andrew and the Sharks as a club have an obligation to assist him and his family to manage this issue.
After further review of the situation and until speaking with his Andrew and his management the Sharks are not in a position to make further comment.

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/sharks-statement-relating-to-fifita

perverse

Referee
To make any money he will have to move to Europe.
Doesn't that exclude him from rep honours?

Also, playing prop in Union is not like playing prop in League. He wouldn't be anything close to an instant success in Union.

ucantseeme

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/fifitas-canterbury-bulldogs-deal-collapses/tabid/10874/newsid/77254/default.aspx

Fifita's Canterbury Bulldogs deal collapses

Outspoken Cronulla prop Andrew Fifita's highly publicised $3.4 million deal to join Canterbury-Bankstown is over before it began, with the Bulldogs confirming the Australian Test star won't be joining their ranks from 2015.

The announcement comes barely 72 hours after Fifita controversially declared he wished he had signed with rugby union rather than changed NRL clubs - and that he could see himself returning to Cronulla when his new deal with the blue and whites ended at the end of 2018.

"If I could go back now, I wish I chose rugby and then I wouldn't be getting all the s*** I've been catching now," Fifita told AAP last Friday.

In an astonishingly candid interview, Fifita said a return to rugby union - which he played growing up and as a schoolboy - was inevitable.

"I've pretty much got everything in rugby league except a premiership and that's all I really want, and to win an Origin series," he said.

He continued: "[My] heart's still in Cronulla... I may end up back here in four years' time."

It's not known how those comments went down with the playing and coaching staff at Canterbury although a four-paragraph statement released by the Bulldogs on Monday confirmed the move was off - with a disagreement over the final terms of his new contract cited as the trigger.

"After signing a Memorandum of Understanding with Andrew we’ve not been able to agree on the final terms of his NRL Playing Contract and have ceased negotiations with his management," said Bulldogs Chief Executive Raelene Castle.

Fifita was said to be disappointed at the collapse of the deal, according to his management group I.am Athlete Management.

His deal with the Bulldogs would have made him the highest-paid front rower in the history of the game.

The Sharks released a statement saying the sudden development would be "confusing and disappointing for Andrew".

"The Sharks have been made aware of the latest developments relating to Andrew Fifita and his proposed 2015-2018 NRL Playing Contract with the Bulldogs," the statement said.

"No doubt this situation will be confusing and disappointing for Andrew and the Sharks as a club have an obligation to assist him and his family to manage this issue.

"After further review of the situation and until speaking with his Andrew and his management the Sharks are not in a position to make further comment."
......................................................................................................

I hope the Dogs aren't gonna chase Tedesco now, he's ours!

elbusto

Coach
Doesn't that exclude him from rep honours?

Also, playing prop in Union is not like playing prop in League. He wouldn't be anything close to an instant success in Union.
He would not play prop in union. If he goes on a fat Union contract in Australia that will cause a furore given the pay cuts rah rahs are facing at the moment.

perverse

Referee
I honestly don't think that Union is the endless waterfall of money that Fifita and/or his management seem to think it is. He wouldn't get 850k money in Union, and anyone taking him on would be taking on considerable risk.

I think he'll really struggle to better NRL money, to be honest. He's not SBW.

Where would he play in Union if not up front?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He said if he could choose again he'd go to Union.

Wish granted. If he thinks he's copping shit now wait until he either signs with Union or makes a hypocrite of himself by not signing with Union.

He's put himself in a no win situation.

Latest posts