What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to the ????

tye

Juniors
I honestly don't think that Union is the endless waterfall of money that Fifita and/or his management seem to think it is. He wouldn't get 850k money in Union, and anyone taking him on would be taking on considerable risk.

I think he'll really struggle to better NRL money, to be honest. He's not SBW.

Where would he play in Union if not up front?

No. 8

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
f**k me, you'd think he'd have the brains to have SIGNED THE CONTRACT before mouthing off.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Hahhaha awesome. I really wonder how much those comments played in this. #contractfail

Is this the first time a club has reneged on a contract for non disciplinary reasons?

Enjoy rugby Andrew and the lack of money you thought you would get.

He isn't a loss to league - the Dogs dodged a bullet and the Sharks don't need him back.

Parra

Referee
The silly quotes from Fifita are a furphy. As if anyone builds a team and pays that sort of money, and then changes their mind, on such a whim.

A bigger concern has been expressed - why did the dogs need to free up this cash and who can it be better spent on? What do they need more than an expensive prop?

ceagle

Bench
Tigers better sign up Tedesco quick, because you know for damn sure what they will do with that free 850k

ek999

First Grade
The silly quotes from Fifita are a furphy. As if anyone builds a team and pays that sort of money, and then changes their mind, on such a whim.

A bigger concern has been expressed - why did the dogs need to free up this cash and who can it be better spent on? What do they need more than an expensive prop?

This is what we are going for

452038-jarryd-hayne.jpg

Danish

Referee
Tigers better sign up Tedesco quick, because you know for damn sure what they will do with that free 850k

Judging by their recent recruitment they'll use the free $850k to buy $2.5 million worth of players

tumbidragon

First Grade
According to NIEN and Weedler. Fifita might take the Dogs to court as he said he was offered close to 950K! But the actual contract when received was no where near that mark... Interesting times ahead.

tumbidragon

First Grade
"ARU says they'll only talk with rugby league player Andrew Fifita if he's willing to put rugby ahead of money"... Basically means. Are you willing to play for the love of the game as we're f**king broke... lol@Fifita. lol@Yawnion. lol@souffs!