What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Weaponhead

Coach
Everyone who has called radio stations I have listened to have backed the fifita brothers up and the same on twitter. Even players from the other team.

I haven't seen anyone come out and support the ref besides the local league.

Interesting that no print journos have actually investigated the witness statements, instead just running with the evil boofheads narrative. No questions over the refs actions as he is the innocent victim automatically.

Kent, Rothfield, even Webster at smh have dived in head first. No questions, just blind acceptance of the story and into full outrage mode.

They are even doing the AFL does this better piece when a f**king senior coach was only suspended for 4 weeks from junior footy for swearing a teenage ref at an under 9s game. No sanctions from the AFL whatsoever.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Nothing like a handy set of double standards at your disposal. And in the good news corner SKD is back at training and we wish him all the best. FFS. Jeez I hope this Fifita story turns out to be bullshit embellishment.

Weaponhead

Coach
Nothing like a handy set of double standards at your disposal. And in the good news corner SKD is back at training and we wish him all the best. FFS. Jeez I hope this Fifita story turns out to be bullshit embellishment.

The SKD puff piece was so predictable. They did the same for Ferguson when Easts were trying to get him re-registered.

League journos are piss weak hacks. None have the stones to investigate powerful clubs. Storm salary cap rort, no questions around Bellamy's role. Nothing to see here. Broncos salary cap rort. Gee won't say anything. Nothing to see here. Sharks player......... You know the story....

Shook my head when said SKD back thought they would wait 1 more week, funny he is facing criminal charges and can play but the Fiifita brothers no charges and cannot play.

The fifita brothers have to learn to not get involved in issues but fair dinkum, we are the whipping boys.

If one of our players got caught not having train ticket the news headline would want him drawn and quartered

Vin Fizz

Bench
And ole mate Kent gets on NRL 360 and claims the Sharks didn't have the Kahonahs to stand the brothers down on the day. I disagree P K..nt. Gorman had goolies enough to trust his own advisers and judgment and not pander to the gutter press. Jeez we are on a winner with Lyall. He will get us our premiership and it's not too far away.

And ole mate Kent gets on NRL 360 and claims the Sharks didn't have the Kahonahs to stand the brothers down on the day. I disagree P K..nt. Gorman had goolies enough to trust his own advisers and judgment and not pander to the gutter press. Jeez we are on a winner with Lyall. He will get us our premiership and it's not too far away.

I dont remember any of these reporters saying the broncos didnt have the balls to stand down there players are the toilet incident, they let them play in finals and once again it was nothing to see here.

Again its attack the sharks, Kent you can get a Sharknado up you

coolumsharkie

Referee

Yep. One day we might see some of these journos held accountable for the things they write. I will be rejoicing and pissing on their graves. merkins the lot of them.

Card Shark

Immortal
The SKD puff piece was so predictable. They did the same for Ferguson when Easts were trying to get him re-registered.

League journos are piss weak hacks. None have the stones to investigate powerful clubs. Storm salary cap rort, no questions around Bellamy's role. Nothing to see here. Broncos salary cap rort. Gee won't say anything. Nothing to see here. Sharks player......... You know the story....

Yes we all know the story....except (some of) the players because they keep re-loading the gun for them.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Can i just say this whole SKD situation is a joke.

I know the guy personally and this girl has said(not to the media of course) she wants $$$.

The day after he kicked her out she was straight at the club demanding money or she would go the media. SKD refused and before he knew it she was straight up the cop shop with all these "allegations". To make matters worse, her mother the so called "senator" is calling the shots.

The truth will come out eventually but she is only doing this for a quick cash grab

Card Shark

Immortal
Sounds a lot like the Brett Stewart case.

I don't have a problem with SKD playing on if he denies it all. Need time for the truth to come out - just like the Fifitas.

In some ways, we have acted to hastily standing them down without completing the investigation. I guess the fact that they approached the ref & had a verbal argument with him is enough reason?

I think 1 of the reasons some people want ridiculous suspensions such as rest of the season or 12 months is because they are starting to fear us.

webShark

I know the guy personally and this girl has said(not to the media of course) she wants $$$.

The day after he kicked her out she was straight at the club demanding money or she would go the media. SKD refused and before he knew it she was straight up the cop shop with all these "allegations". To make matters worse, her mother the so called "senator" is calling the shots.

The truth will come out eventually but she is only doing this for a quick cash grab

Heard a very similar story from source who has known SKD since he was 15.

The comparison with Fifitas is not relevant. Need to wait for court outcome before sanctions. Fifitas not going to court. Is it worse to be accused of assault on a woman if innocent or abuse of match officials? Most on here seem to have made up their mind. Another case of Sharks fans paranoia. Is there anyone on here who don't think the Fifitas need to pull their head in? Strange Andrew employs a top legal brief to get him the best outcome. Victim because he is famous. Seems the public are lucky he is famous as if he wasn't he would smash everyone. Real tough the Fifitas.

azzah72

Bench

I don't have a problem with SKD playing on if he denies it all. Need time for the truth to come out - just like the Fifitas.

In some ways, we have acted to hastily standing them down without completing the investigation. I guess the fact that they approached the ref & had a verbal argument with him is enough reason?

I think 1 of the reasons some people want ridiculous suspensions such as rest of the season or 12 months is because they are starting to fear us.

Heard a similar story except, apparently Uncle Pol wanted to pay to shut her up and SKD said no, there was an argument after that where "something happened".

Whether her allegation are before or after this timeline, who knows.

you know its interesting that the alleged victim of the SKD was the victim of a previous domestic incident with another partner.

anyway

the SKD case will be interesting. I have heard similar things to others

as for Andrew

he should be playing this weekend

SharkShocked

Bench

If what you suggest is true in his case and that he has absolutely nothing to answer for in those alleged 10 charges.... then it paints a ridiculously poor picture on how easy it is for a woman to falsely accuse a man of this sort of activity.

It also calls into question the ability of the police to identify when false claims are indeed false.

cb4

First Grade
Heard a very similar story from source who has known SKD since he was 15.

The comparison with Fifitas is not relevant. Need to wait for court outcome before sanctions. Fifitas not going to court. Is it worse to be accused of assault on a woman if innocent or abuse of match officials? Most on here seem to have made up their mind. Another case of Sharks fans paranoia. Is there anyone on here who don't think the Fifitas need to pull their head in? Strange Andrew employs a top legal brief to get him the best outcome. Victim because he is famous. Seems the public are lucky he is famous as if he wasn't he would smash everyone. Real tough the Fifitas.

I'm not sure this is a serious statement, but I will bite.

I would rather be called a grub for abusing someone, than a wife beater. In my eyes, there are 2 types of scum, pedo's and people who hit women.

Might be just me.

SKD's incident is different, but you have to admit, the way he is being played out in the public eye is sickening. I tuned into NRL360 last night and heard them say it was great to see him back at training.
No, it really isn't.

We dedicate an entire round to the women in league, and basically the women in sport. That is Grand Mothers, Mothers, Daughters, Children, Wives ect, and yet they are represented by scum bags like Blake Ferguson, Robert Lui, Greg Bird ect.
And before you call me a hypocrit, I have had a massive rant on here about our very own Ben Barba.

I will not say anything on the SKD, because like our boys, he should have the right to innocent until proven guilty, but I think a reassessment needs to take place if you think what our boys did is worse than domestic violence.

It still baffles me this ferguson redemption story.
The bloke is a sex offender.

Then there's two smacks Lui.
How he's registered is beyond me.

Anyway. Andrew will do a couple of weeks and that should be that.

aussie7798

First Grade

agree with pretty much all this whether or not the ref was right or wrong having a verbal argument with him after the game is not on especially for 2 first graders and warrants a week or 2 on the sidelines purely for that

if however its true that Andrew had to be held back from physically assaulting the ref (that includes trying to take his phone) then the suspension has to be severe and by that I mean at least season ending

SKD is different he will have his day in court and then if found guilty can face additional sanctions from the league after his sentencing from the league like Packer atm out of jail but not allowed into the NRL yet

webShark

I'm not sure this is a serious statement, but I will bite.

I would rather be called a grub for abusing someone, than a wife beater. In my eyes, there are 2 types of scum, pedo's and people who hit women.

Might be just me.

SKD's incident is different, but you have to admit, the way he is being played out in the public eye is sickening. I tuned into NRL360 last night and heard them say it was great to see him back at training.
No, it really isn't.

We dedicate an entire round to the women in league, and basically the women in sport. That is Grand Mothers, Mothers, Daughters, Children, Wives ect, and yet they are represented by scum bags like Blake Ferguson, Robert Lui, Greg Bird ect.
And before you call me a hypocrit, I have had a massive rant on here about our very own Ben Barba.

I will not say anything on the SKD, because like our boys, he should have the right to innocent until proven guilty, but I think a reassessment needs to take place if you think what our boys did is worse than domestic violence.

No what I really meant is innocent until proved guilty. I judged SKD a bit too quickly in all probability. Not intended to make anyone bite. I may have also judged the Fifitas too quickly as well, have to wait and see.

Obviously if both cases guilty , then SKD far worse. I have heard two independent opinions that SKD will be cleared as his ex partner is after money. Not my opinion, just from 2 sources.
Fifita case I have nothing to go on, except they are big mouths and love themselves, (my opinion). Further , I wish Andrew had joined the Dogs. No dickheads policy sits ok with me.

carcharias

Immortal
Fifita were probably wankers
In saying that
The ref was probably a wanker first

But
Refs have a special license to wank

Latest posts