What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Born BB&W

Juniors
I'm not sure this is a serious statement, but I will bite.

I would rather be called a grub for abusing someone, than a wife beater. In my eyes, there are 2 types of scum, pedo's and people who hit women.

Might be just me.

SKD's incident is different, but you have to admit, the way he is being played out in the public eye is sickening. I tuned into NRL360 last night and heard them say it was great to see him back at training.
No, it really isn't.

We dedicate an entire round to the women in league, and basically the women in sport. That is Grand Mothers, Mothers, Daughters, Children, Wives ect, and yet they are represented by scum bags like Blake Ferguson, Robert Lui, Greg Bird ect.
And before you call me a hypocrit, I have had a massive rant on here about our very own Ben Barba.

I will not say anything on the SKD, because like our boys, he should have the right to innocent until proven guilty, but I think a reassessment needs to take place if you think what our boys did is worse than domestic violence.

^
Good post agreed

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Fifita were probably wankers
In saying that
The ref was probably a wanker first

But
Refs have a special license to wank

Add to the fact he is a policeman(not referring to the wanker statement) but more so "i don't need to answer to you" mentality

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I'm not sure this is a serious statement, but I will bite.

I would rather be called a grub for abusing someone, than a wife beater. In my eyes, there are 2 types of scum, pedo's and people who hit women.

Might be just me.

SKD's incident is different, but you have to admit, the way he is being played out in the public eye is sickening. I tuned into NRL360 last night and heard them say it was great to see him back at training.
No, it really isn't.

We dedicate an entire round to the women in league, and basically the women in sport. That is Grand Mothers, Mothers, Daughters, Children, Wives ect, and yet they are represented by scum bags like Blake Ferguson, Robert Lui, Greg Bird ect.
And before you call me a hypocrit, I have had a massive rant on here about our very own Ben Barba.

I will not say anything on the SKD, because like our boys, he should have the right to innocent until proven guilty, but I think a reassessment needs to take place if you think what our boys did is worse than domestic violence.

Great post.

If you commit an act of violence/assault against a women you dont deserve a place in our game imo.

And yes I know Barba falls under that catergory.

Add to the fact he is a policeman(not referring to the wanker statement) but more so "i don't need to answer to you" mentality

Yellow shirts (trainers) are not permitted to approach the referee in junior football (includes a grade).

Neither are coaches, managers or players outside the captain.

The rules for park footy are a lot different to the NRL and I'm willing to bet good money that the FIFITA brothers have no idea what the differences are.

carcharias

Immortal
So where does that leave A Fifita ?

He was there as a spectator
From what I heard on the radio by an eyewitness
The ref actually instigated the conversation by saying " I know who you are"
and then pulling out the camera.
That's when he blew out .

txta2

First Grade
Did anyone see the news report on 9 this morning .They are reporting witness accounts match the referees reports and Fafita's futures are now in the air. Wow

Card Shark

Immortal
It seems to be agreed that they both approached the referee after the game for an answer as to why he didn't pause the game when a player was injured.
It seems to be agreed that it got out of hand & ended in aggression, probably swearing & intimidation....a big no no.
It seems to be disputed if Andrew said he will smash the ref or smash is phone, most likely the latter....but still a no no.

Whichever way you look at it, the stupid fools are in trouble. They are Sharks players & the NRL will make a stand & an example of them.

My tip is 4 weeks for David & 6 weeks for Andrew, although I think half this much is appropriate.

Card Shark

Immortal
The standard NRL contract states a club may deduct 1/30 of a player's contracted amount for each week suspended (Well it used to, unless the players union has had it removed).

I think we should exercise this right on this occasion - the off-field shit has got to bloody stop!!!!!!

cb4

First Grade
Did anyone see the news report on 9 this morning .They are reporting witness accounts match the referees reports and Fafita's futures are now in the air. Wow

The only pieces of news I can give you is:

1) There are a lot more witness statements in favour of the boys than the ref, but because the reports are all from their club, they seem to be tossed out the window.

2) Neither Andrew or David will be terminated from Cronulla, they will probably be missing for the remainder of the year though.
Not sure if that includes finals or not.

cb4

First Grade
No what I really meant is innocent until proved guilty. I judged SKD a bit too quickly in all probability. Not intended to make anyone bite. I may have also judged the Fifitas too quickly as well, have to wait and see.

Obviously if both cases guilty , then SKD far worse. I have heard two independent opinions that SKD will be cleared as his ex partner is after money. Not my opinion, just from 2 sources.
Fifita case I have nothing to go on, except they are big mouths and love themselves, (my opinion). Further , I wish Andrew had joined the Dogs. No dickheads policy sits ok with me.

All good mate, I think I over analysed your post.

Deadlines and all. I'll PM you later.

carcharias

Immortal
The only pieces of news I can give you is:

1) There are a lot more witness statements in favour of the boys than the ref, but because the reports are all from their club, they seem to be tossed out the window.

2) Neither Andrew or David will be terminated from Cronulla, they will probably be missing for the remainder of the year though.
Not sure if that includes finals or not.

Can't they just suspend D fifita instead? :sarcasm:

chewsta

First Grade
That is shit. we wont go anywhere in the finals (if we make it) without the Fifita's. For all their brain snaps and mistakes, David has been playing well and is a big unit that makes a lot of metres for us and Andrew, well he is a proven match winner for us.

Card Shark

Immortal
If they are out for the whole year include finals if we make it, that is penalising the unknown.

It has to be an allocated number of weeks.

I don't think David will get as many as Andrew as he had an official capacity at the game, so probably had some reason to approach the ref & wasn't the 1 that threatened the phone smashing.

Southern Shark

Juniors
If Bromwich doesn't bite Duggan and the Cowboys are not breaching the Cap with their gift homes and units then the Fifita incident did not occur.