What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

TRIALS

Juniors
Front rowers rarely come straight into the NRL and shine. It Takes time. I thought he David was doing well for his first full year of NRL.

webShark

Front rowers rarely come straight into the NRL and shine. It Takes time. I thought he David was doing well for his first full year of NRL.

Well he fits the description. To my knowledge, he has not been a regular starter in
First Grade,NSW Cup or 20s.

Maybe in the French 2nd Tier. To be brutal, how the Fifita's can call anyone fat amazes me. They may be fit but clearly are overweight. No one at the club sees it as an issue though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
WHy isn't the punnishment from the Penrith Junior RL enough.

Furthermore, they only gave a 12 month suspension. It's not a life ban.

I'd give both players a week off, a fine and some community service and move on with life.

Eion

First Grade

I'd give both players a week off, a fine and some community service and move on with life.
Absolutely this. If A Fif wanted to smash the bloke or his phone he would have. He's arced up when he saw his twin in a bit of barney and hasn't hurt anyone.

Why we are doing this to ourselves (yes ourselves...not the Fifitas... is beyond me). A lengthy ban does nothing for us, because let's face it, there will always be a pretty large percentage of boofheads in any 1st grade squad.

Kick out any woman bashers and deadset crims...otherwise impose a hefty fine and a couple of weeks max. Make a PC statement about how harsh the penalty is, make passing reference to player welfare and how this sends a message this type of behaviour is not being tolerated, and baton down the hatches.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Be surprised if the lawyers and sharks would willingly agree with season ending bans if that's what the integrity commission proposes given the vastly differing accounts of the incident. Btw was was the respective suspensions handed out to Klemmer and Graham when they abused the ref on prime-time tv after that Souths game? If I remember 2-3 weeks each? Impacted on hundreds of thousands of viewers as well as inciting the bottle throwing from the kennel etc. I might be biased but wasn't that an even worse look for the image of the game that what our two numb-nuts did?

millersnose

Post Whore
yeah but the ref was just a kid and it was in front of the kiddies and he felt shaken and blah blah f**king blah

Eion

First Grade
Stuff the integrity commission. Impose our own ban and tell them what it is.

Then let them try to impose a heftier one with all the inconsistency in punishments they've overseen in the past.

MilkShark

First Grade

On top of Penrith JRl giving a 12 month ban, that's real smart banning NRL players from attending your games.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
yeah but the ref was just a kid and it was in front of the kiddies and he felt shaken and blah blah f**king blah

Faarrrkkk he'll want to harden up a touch if he wants to be a riot cop! What was the explaination of the phone recording not existing after all? Perhaps it wasn't consistant with his original version so it needed to be deleted?

cb4

First Grade
I am surprised so many on here rate David Fifita. Nuffiie, no loss.

Incorrect.

In a means of work per minute, he is one of our most efficient. He also makes good meters per carry and bends the line.
Earlier on in the season he was playing just as good as Heino, who is cherished at the top of the pile amongst the Sharks.

cb4

First Grade

Unfortunately, the NRL now needs to be seen as having an outcome for every off field incident.
There will be a suspension implied, I am lead to believe that we will impose a ban on the brothers and hope the NRL sign off on it.

cb4

First Grade
Be surprised if the lawyers and sharks would willingly agree with season ending bans if that's what the integrity commission proposes given the vastly differing accounts of the incident. Btw was was the respective suspensions handed out to Klemmer and Graham when they abused the ref on prime-time tv after that Souths game? If I remember 2-3 weeks each? Impacted on hundreds of thousands of viewers as well as inciting the bottle throwing from the kennel etc. I might be biased but wasn't that an even worse look for the image of the game that what our two numb-nuts did?

Been waiting for someone to post this.

This is exactly what I would be basing my defense on.

Incorrect.

In a means of work per minute, he is one of our most efficient. He also makes good meters per carry and bends the line.
Earlier on in the season he was playing just as good as Heino, who is cherished at the top of the pile amongst the Sharks.

I think he has played well this year.

Unfortunately, the NRL now needs to be seen as having an outcome for every off field incident.
There will be a suspension implied, I am lead to believe that we will impose a ban on the brothers and hope the NRL sign off on it.

lame

they should miss this game. maybe

webShark

Incorrect.

Have to agree to disagree on David Fifita.
Whatever the stats say , I don't think he played as well as Heino. Stats might make Gerald Beale look good too., except in the try scoring column.

millersnose

Post Whore
imagine, in the context of the adam goodes press hype of the moment, if fifita claimed the ref uttered a racial slur under his breath