What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Special K

Coach
The last 4 games

penalties given with fifita 10 and 13
penalities given without 8 and 3

errors with fifita 10 and 19
errors without fifita 7 and 8

Fifita isn't the single reason but it is interesting how the guys have focused without him. We need Fifita for the finals and hopefully he cuts the dumb plays out.

millersnose

Post Whore
Well the 'fringe' players did ok v the Cowboys. Fifita did sweet FA in Origin. Didn't have the animal to win that. When is he allowed to train again? If we come 4th without him, leave him out. For the record, leave him out for Matt Prior.

The Cowboys are struggling at the moment so, as mr wolf would say, " let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet gentlemen" based on that game. And we didn't "come 4th without him". In fact he has the big metre gainer in the majority of those close games we won this year. Also the very fact he was picked for origin from a wooden spoon side that lost its first four games does not strengthen your " he don't have animal" argument.

With due respect to prior on the open market fifita would command double the money prior would.

Inferno

Coach
Be interesting to play both Fifitas off the bench come finals charge. It would give us a bit of punch during the time of the game we traditionally struggle.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
14. Barba
15. Prior
16. Heighno
17. Toops

18. Boogs

If you ask me David Fifita doesn't make the cut if we have a fully fit squad

coolumsharkie

Referee
14. Barba
15. Prior
16. Heighno
17. Toops

18. Boogs

If you ask me David Fifita doesn't make the cut if we have a fully fit squad

This worries me more than anything else, apart from a few glimpses of good, he's really not done much.

Last time I wrote something like this he proved me wrong, so lets hope that happens again.

Either Barba or Gordon at fullback

Toops
Prior
Heigno
Boogs.

southland

Juniors
Barbs is not getting the minutes to do "anything good" consistently. He has seemed solid enough when he comes on and it's almost like a placebo effect on the team we are playing against. Just his threat seems enough to give us some extra momentum. I would like to see him play the last 15 mins in the first half and the last 20 mins second half. He has got to replace Gordon even tho Gordon is our goal kicker and played his ass off last week.

ghoti

Bench
Barbs is not getting the minutes to do "anything good" consistently. He has seemed solid enough when he comes on and it's almost like a placebo effect on the team we are playing against. Just his threat seems enough to give us some extra momentum. I would like to see him play the last 15 mins in the first half and the last 20 mins second half. He has got to replace Gordon even tho Gordon is our goal kicker and played his ass off last week.

I was really hoping we'd have a more intelligent/useful sub plan for Barba by now. I think a utility works as part of forward rotation with a versatile member of the backs...I would put Barba on at 6 and shift Bird to second row to get both involved in different, unpredictable ways instead of subbing a winger for 20 minutes at the back end of the game. It's the most bizarre system that luckily hasn't bit us yet

Card Shark

Immortal
I was really hoping we'd have a more intelligent/useful sub plan for Barba by now. I think a utility works as part of forward rotation with a versatile member of the backs...I would put Barba on at 6 and shift Bird to second row to get both involved in different, unpredictable ways instead of subbing a winger for 20 minutes at the back end of the game. It's the most bizarre system that luckily hasn't bit us yet

With Gordon back to form, I'm tipping tonight we will see Barba used in a different fashion.

Flanno will try something to upset the Storm rhythm.

shaggs

Coach
i dont see why we need to take of a back to put barba on.

Take one of the backrowers or a front rower off and push gallen up. Feki can do some of the forward work or even leutele. He is a big enough body.

Allow barba to roam around up the middle and scoot from dummy half with quick play the balls, or as the support man for the offload up the middle. Just him hanging around wanting the ball is enough to make the defence hold off a little.

Hieghno and prior and gal, hitting it up the middle, with barba on one side and gordon the other???

Card Shark

Immortal
That's the sort of thing I was alluding to Shaggs.

Therefore, I expect Barba to be on 1/2 to 2/3 through the first half.

millersnose

Post Whore
At least the so called fringe players can play the f**king ball !!

I will give them that

They played the ball brilliantly tonight

Some of the best playing the ball I have ever seen

I was so impressed with some of those play the balls

Card Shark

Immortal
Every time we lose In his absence, Fifita should get a kick up the arse.

He's got no one else to blame for his suspension but himself.

I get the feeling you lay blame elsewhere?

Latest posts