What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

Frenzy.

Post Whore
While I think they probably do deserve a few weeks on the sideline, anyone calling for 12 months is f**king nuts! If they get 12 months for that, we should never see players who abuse women in the NRL ever again.

^this

Feej

First Grade
What SKD *allegedly* did is 1000x worse than this. But I guess he's the NRL's newest "Troubled League Star". Makes me feel sick.

Just watch the NRL make an example of the Fifita brothers, while players that continue to abuse women are allowed to play on. How the NRL can conduct a "Women In League" round and keep a straight face is beyond me.

Born BB&W

Juniors
I want to know what's happening with the Gold Coast coke dealers??

Also has Jennings had his day in court yet? You know for verbally abusing a cop??

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Yes this too... and poor SKD who the The Roosters and the NRL seem to feel so sorry for.

Last edited:

Weaponhead

Coach
The politics and media spin of the situation are no good for the Fifitas and the Sharks.

Ref abuse in park footy is an issue that the image conscious NRL will want to been seen to be taking a hardline stance on. The media overreaction is well into swing backing the Integrity Unit into a corner. The Sharks don't have the pull to hose the situation down behind closed doors with the officials and some key media types.

The judiciary hearing was very quick. Did the Fifita's attend or put forward any defence?? Other witness statements taken??

Phil Haines, boss of the Penrith refs was very quick to get his mug on TV.

If found guilty, a more constructive punishment would be to get them to do the refereeing course and referee junior games next season to promote refereeing plus a fine and perhaps a couple of weeks suspension.

Banning them for 6+ weeks on the evidence presented so far seems disproportionate. If hands were laid on the ref, then throw the book but that is not what is alleged to have happened.

Card Shark

Immortal
Stand them down without even seeing any evidence?
Where is this footage?
So far we all we know is that a minor official went running to the press about a dispute with a trainer over an injured player
Did the official act appropriately in regards to the injured player?
What happened to on field concern about injured players?
Is it appropriate for the complainant to go to the press?
Is that what he would do in his employment as a police officer?

I don't know what happened but it smells a bit like a grab at fifteen minutes of fame to me and the over the top hype from the press should be ignored by the sharks management
And I agree with frenzy in that Gormans only comment should have been that they had not yet completed an investigation

Agree with all of this.

How can the Penrith junior league suspend them so quick without hearing all the evidence? What if it was worse than made out & they deserve a longer ban... Talk about shoot from the hip!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The politics and media spin of the situation are no good for the Fifitas and the Sharks.

Ref abuse in park footy is an issue that the image conscious NRL will want to been seen to be taking a hardline stance on. The media overreaction is well into swing backing the Integrity Unit into a corner. The Sharks don't have the pull to hose the situation down behind closed doors with the officials and some key media types.

The judiciary hearing was very quick. Did the Fifita's attend or put forward any defence?? Other witness statements taken??

Phil Haines, boss of the Penrith refs was very quick to get his mug on TV.

If found guilty, a more constructive punishment would be to get them to do the refereeing course and referee junior games next season to promote refereeing plus a fine and perhaps a couple of weeks suspension.

Banning them for 6+ weeks on the evidence presented so far seems disproportionate. If hands were laid on the ref, then throw the book but that is not what is alleged to have happened.

Phil Haines from the refs
Phil Cummins from Penrith Junior League
Phil Rothfield from the Telafib
Phil Gould from Nein and Penrith

Are all people named Phil total fekwits?

Southern Shark

Juniors
And no one cares about the condition of an injured player apart from the two Fifita's. Now everyone with their own agenda's are on board the train.

webShark

What SKD *allegedly* did is 1000x worse than this. But I guess he's the NRL's newest "Troubled League Star". Makes me feel sick.

Just watch the NRL make an example of the Fifita brothers, while players that continue to abuse women are allowed to play on. How the NRL can conduct a "Women In League" round and keep a straight face is beyond me.

From a decent source, I hear there is a lot more to the SKD issue than meets the eye. Heard his ex partner pulled the same stunt on her previous partner. Clearly has had bad luck.

Perhaps the Fifita's are squeaky clean.

So Rothfield the "Sharks" supporter says put the Fifita's out for the year.

Dean Ritchie says that's a bit harsh a fine and 2 -3 week suspension is ample punishment.

Rothfield should be ashamed to show his ugly melon at Remondus Stadium ever again.

How the hell did we luck out having this tool as a "Sharks" fan????

Card Shark

Immortal

Dean Ritchie says that's a bit harsh a fine and 2 -3 week suspension is ample punishment.

A bit of common sense.

I'd like to see a record of how many "engagements" Fifita (& other Sharks players) have done with schools & junior leagues clubs over the past year or 2.

A bit of balance in the argument is required, not listening to Dragons fans like Rothfield.

cb4

First Grade

Rothfield should be ashamed to show his ugly melon at Remondus Stadium ever again.

How the hell did we luck out having this tool as a "Sharks" fan????

Agreed, and it should have started yesterday. That way he would have missed that game and the Warriors game, then had a redemption in the Indigenous round at home.

But our Board crumbled to the demands of the coach. Praise the people in charge for taking the tough stand, but that will cost us.

Someone made a monumental f**k up yesterday.

carcharias

Immortal
Stand them down = wer're soft
Let them play = a monumental f**k up

I know what manly Broncos Souths and the storm would've done.

Latest posts