What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita

cb4

First Grade
So Kenny-Dowell is facing 10 serious charges with the NSW Police and all I hear from the NRL is we are concerned for his welfare???... And we lose Fifita for the rest of the year for telling off a ref??? WTF???

Referee's are protected species. You should know this. Coaches can't enter a press conference and say boo about a ref without copping a 10k fine.

What do you think an NRL player is going to cop, giving it to a junior league ref. The pillar of our game?

Take less focus of the location and the game itself, what is going through the head of an elite NRL player who is notorious for being in the headlines. Why would you abuse a ref, threaten him, and try to break his property?

If Andrew was able to control his actions, he should have grabbed his brother and walked away, not try to pick a fight with a volunteer referee.

If anyone on here is trying to make a bigger picture elsewhere, you are wrong.

cb4

First Grade
Unlike everyone else by the end of the day I wasn't impressed with Lyall. On 2MMM he was all defensive and saying the right things and coming off as the Knight in shining armour then later I saw him interviewed on Ch9 news and he was all, they have let thems lives down, the club down the NRL down etc etc.

He sent out many mixed messages yesterday IMO

I'm with you, he did stuff up a bit on interviews, but his biggest stuff up came Saturday night, Sunday morning.

He made the call to stand them down, then caved to Flanno.

taipan

Referee
The word has to get out to players ref abuse is not on,else we won't have a game.The constant hustling of refs by players in a game,has to be stamped on also.March them back 10 metres regularly,get the message through.

The Fifitas are dumbos of the highest order if they did and said what was alleged.
A Fifita can be a match winner and yet can give away more dumb penalties than any other Shark's player.
I have had it up to the eyeballs from the idiots that have carried on this year on and off the field.
It is all cannon fodder for the news rags,and the readers say to themselves " typical efforts from league players" .They carry on like ferals.

IMO should both the Fifitas be found guilty,I would not lose any sleep if they got a 12 months ban and heavy fines.
If SKD is found guilty ,an even bigger ban .

We are trying to get bums on seats,trying to get more kids to play rl,and putting up with competition from other codes.Every time a player f*cks up,it makes it that much harder.

I say hit em hard,and item often,then the message may sink in.

millersnose

Post Whore
Stand them down without even seeing any evidence?
Where is this footage?
So far we all we know is that a minor official went running to the press about a dispute with a trainer over an injured player
Did the official act appropriately in regards to the injured player?
What happened to on field concern about injured players?
Is it appropriate for the complainant to go to the press?
Is that what he would do in his employment as a police officer?

I don't know what happened but it smells a bit like a grab at fifteen minutes of fame to me and the over the top hype from the press should be ignored by the sharks management
And I agree with frenzy in that Gormans only comment should have been that they had not yet completed an investigation

Ads

First Grade
Big difference from saying "I'll smash your phone" to "I'll smash you"

That's what I was told he said but that was by one of his mates. Still I don't think the nrl will care if he said he'll smash his phone rather than he smash the ref.

jc155776

Coach
Stand them down without even seeing any evidence?
Where is this footage?
So far we all we know is that a minor official went running to the press about a dispute with a trainer over an injured player
Did the official act appropriately in regards to the injured player?
What happened to on field concern about injured players?
Is it appropriate for the complainant to go to the press?
Is that what he would do in his employment as a police officer?

I don't know what happened but it smells a bit like a grab at fifteen minutes of fame to me and the over the top hype from the press should be ignored by the sharks management
And I agree with frenzy in that Gormans only comment should have been that they had not yet completed an investigation

I don't think the red has ran to the press at all. Every "quote" has come from the referees match report. Someone at Penroth junior league has leaked THAT report to the media. Because you know, they wouldn't have an alterior motive in wanting to weaken other clubs coming the pointy end of the season.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
If there is video footage or not the fact of the matter if that this referee will be protected.

Unless people were at the game we won't know what was said prior to the phone being recorded. Chances are witness statements will favour the ref so either way we will get screwed.

carcharias

Immortal
They cant ban them for 12 months for swearing at a ref.
Even if they did ..as if they could do it already.

cb4

First Grade
They are banned from attending Penrith Junior league games, not from the NRL.

My bet is neither play again this season, and get a hefty fine.

Eion

First Grade
Has anyone heard a version of this from anyone who was at the game?

I heard the captain of the side the fifs are involved in ring up MMM. He was there and tried to say it was 'blown out of all proportion'. Matty and co didn't want to debate with him, presumably because it didn't fit in with the drama.

I heard the captain of the side the fifs are involved in ring up MMM. He was there and tried to say it was 'blown out of all proportion'. Matty and co didn't want to debate with him, presumably because it didn't fit in with the drama.

Yep the media outlets decide when an event happens what stance they'll make and that's it they won't listen to any other opinion.

Dead set the Sharks should do what a lot of other Clubs do and talk to the media sparingly. They are always up to have players etc to talk to the media whilst other Clubs pick and choose when they'll talk.

Sharpe from Parramatta gave 2SM talkin sport the flick when the Foran incident blew up.

webShark

The germ Rothfield is winding it up now
The Fifitas are the germ not Rothfield. Seriously what do people expect? He is a Footy Journalist. The issue is we keep feeding him.

How about the club not responding to similar allegations from 2 years ago? I have watched JRL for nearly 20 years and probably around 500 + games. Never seen the ref threatened. Plenty of banter and criticism at worst. Then again that is in the Cronulla comp.