What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final 8 - now confirmed!!

Parra Guru

Coach
Looks like Kimmorley gone for the season with a fractured cheekbone (TBC)

I'd love to be playing the dogs in week 1

Eelogical

Referee
Yikes!! If that's the case about Kimmorley then the season is really hotting up. ANYONES premiership at this stage.

mickdo

Coach
Looks like Kimmorley gone for the season with a fractured cheekbone (TBC)

I'd love to be playing the dogs in week 1

Gee, isn't premiership favouritism a poisoned chalice this year!

Eerily reminds me of Hindy going down injured in 2005

caylo

Bench
current table

bulldogs 38
dragons 36
titans 36
storm 31
broncos 30
sea eagles 30
eels 29
knights 28 (* game in hand)
- - - - -
panthers 27 (are f**ked if knights win)
tigers 26 (only faintly alive if knights lose tomorrow)

forget the rest

sharks 14
roosters 14 - need to hope sharks lose to rabbitohs on saturday night and then beat cowboys on sunday to avoid spoon

I hope to God thatthe Titan put 40 on the Eagles and the Knights lose the last two (I want Penny to make the 8). After we beat the dragons (thats right, after) we will jump into 6th and play the dragons (who will end up 3rd after lossing 4 straight).

I would like to think that Canberra could upset brizzy but I doubt that will happen. I could see the Warriors beating Melbourne and Brisbane overtaking them for a home semi.

1 Dogs 38
2 Titans 36
3 St George 34
4 Brisbane 32
5 Melbourne 31
6 Parramatta 31
7 Manly 30
8 Penrith 29

caylo

Bench
they lost Kimmorly in the first 5 min and then raked up 40 points with Roberts and Stagg in the halves (mind you against a Warriors team with nothing to play for).

Holdsworth will play I assume (other option would be Ennis to HB and Sullivan to hooker). That will hurt them and he could be back for a GF match if they get that far but I wouldnt he writing them off yet, mind you I would have no problem playing them in the Finals because it will hurt their kicking game TBH.

Parra Guru

Coach
Souths beat the Dragons by more than the Dogs beat the Warriors and I wouldn't exactly label them as contenders.

The Warriors are soft.

caylo

Bench
Dogs won't beat Tigers next week without Kimmorley.
We'll finish 6th and play Dragons again.

Well I doubt that St George will win so either way they will have the minor premiership wrapped up. The titans for/against is too much to over come and jump the dogs for 1st spot even if the dogs loss next week (unless the tigers put 40 on them which is unlikley).

mickdo

Coach
They were playing for Hazem with a massive crowd solely behind them today, against a side we beat 40-4 ourselves. That proves nothing. Against tougher opposition is where it will matter, and he is a massive loss.

Haynzy

First Grade
I find it hillarious that everyone is writing the Dragons off, at Kogarah, so easily.

I agree, I think it's crazy to write off the Dragons.... you don't lose your ability..you lose your mental application.
If any coach can turn that around it's Bennett.

I'm stoked that we are where we are and I'm taking each game as it comes cos as Ando said, we have a few blokes with niggling injuries. Also, it's possible that even one loss could blow our mental application to the game.

At this time of the year it is predominantly down to the mental side of the game.. hopefully our boys continue to click and continue to exhibit their fantastic abilities.

caylo

Bench
I will not write off the dragons I just think we can beat them irrespective of their form

Latest posts