What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final - Raiders vs Panthers, Sat. 830 @ CUA Stadium.

Timbo

Staff member
Goddamn you Manly!

I really fancied our chances against the Dragons. Perennial finals chokers and our Bunnies to boot!

But we're in white hot form at the moment, playing a similar style of footy to the Panthers who have been inconsistent as f**k, and whose forward pack is no match for ours especially with them lacking Civonoceva. The fact that we came from so far behind to take them down will be in their minds too.

Raiders, but in a close one.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
I think its the biggest test we could face in the top 4. The forward battle will be huge, and they have alot of class from 1-13.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We've scored 50+ in our last 2 games at home, but clearly you guys will be alot tougher with the momentum you're on. Matt Elliott v his old club in the finals and someone has to win!

legend

Coach
Matt Elliott is yet to win a finals game and I believe we are stronger across the park than the Panthers.

If we are flat we will get pumped but I expect us to come out all guns blazing for this one.

alan89

Juniors
That should be a highscoring game. The Raiders are the form team at the moment and Penrith are yet to really shine against quality opposition. A very interesting tussle.

at the risk of sounding like a raiders fan last time we played the ref blatantly gave you the game but you are in better form now

Dazraider

Juniors
Panthers are pretenders and we should beat them this week and show them they dont deserve to be in the semis.
happy they flogged the sharks cause they will come out all cocky and be hammered

pantherz9103

First Grade
Panthers are pretenders and we should beat them this week and show them they dont deserve to be in the semis.
happy they flogged the sharks cause they will come out all cocky and be hammered

Beg to differ. Penrith won 15 games and had by far the 2nd best F/A this season, they certainly deserve to be in the finals whether the Raiders beat them or not. Great home record this year we have every right to be confident as well despite how well the Raiders have been going.

Yes Matt Elliot hasn't won a finals game but he also never had a team that came 2nd. If the Raiders play like they did against the Broncos I think we'll be too strong. I expect they'll play more like they did the previous couple of games and they'll be tough to beat with their big forwards and speedy backs, which we also have and I'm hoping the home crowd might help us get home. I certainly respect the Raiders as a team, some of their fans are a bit cocky though.

TheFrog

Coach

You sound a tad cocky yourself Daz....

This will be a crackerjack game. The Raiders are not the same side away from Bruce, as we saw on Friday.

Last edited:
has canberra coach furner won one

He will when 10.30pm next saturday rolls around..:lol::lol:

I fancy our chances more against the Panthers than I do the Dragqueens for some reason, Penrith in fair form, and us in pretty good form, is going to make for a cracking game I think.

murraymob

Coach
should be the game of the round i the semi finals.We are in the best form for several weeks.Lewis will be back a huge lift for us

Cryptic

Juniors
I'm just glad we aren't against the Titan's, who minus one slip up are the 2nd best in current form....

Panthers minus their best forward... I don't think they will have what it takes up front and I don't think you will see us playing like we did against the Broncos but more like we did against the Dragons :)

Doomednow

Bench
This should be a good contest but I've been disappointed quite a bit by games this season that were supposed to be "cracking games." Hopefully this one is different. Best of luck, you might be surprised by the forwards we still have.

TheFrog

Coach
Panthers minus their best forward... I don't think they will have what it takes up front and I don't think you will see us playing like we did against the Broncos but more like we did against the Dragons :)

Best forward...well he's probably the highest paid, but he's hardly the only one. The Black Attack have a very useful pack of forwards even without Petero. I'm sure Team 7 Canberra won't come to Penrith thinking they cannot lose against Team 2 Penrith, as a few of their younger followers seem to be suggesting here.

Timbo

Staff member
I doubt they'll think that at all.

But without Civinoceva, Penrith's forwards will have one helluva time combatting Shillington, Logan, Tilse, Learoyd-Lahrs and Harrison.

benntash

Juniors
So your telling me Waterhouse, Lewis, Pritchard, Grant, Bell and Mckendry won't be able to contain them?
Will be a cracker match which the pennys will win quite comfortably

Rocket

Juniors
So how many of you Raider's fans are making the trek up to Penriff?

I promised by Raiders supporting son that we'd go to any Sydney finals the green machine were in, assuming they'd be playing my team (Dragons) if they made it.

So it looks like it will be a small hoarde of us heading up the Hume on the Saturday and my son and I will stay overnight for the match on Sunday.