What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINAL SCARF VOTE - No more suggestions

My favourite rear design is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
lol, the fact that you guys think about Man Utd when you hear "United we Stand", just because they have a forum called that, is laughable. Inferiority complex much, guys?

I support Leeds United, and whenever I think about ManUre, I just have a laugh at how sh*t they are.

Beat you 1-0 in your Cup Final, doo-daa, doo-daa, beat you 1-0 in your Cup final, doo-daa doo-daa-day.

Leeds and proud of it.

Saintsman

Juniors
Never really thought of "United we stand" as Man United when I voted. Now I think about it Gold Coast United and Adelaide United use it too... Very dirty saying.

I reckon the first option "RED V FOR ETERNITY" is receiving a lot of donkey votes.

I'd say a run off between the two options with the highest votes is in order!

STG-MACCA

Bench
I reckon the first option "RED V FOR ETERNITY" is receiving a lot of donkey votes.

I'd say a run off between the two options with the highest votes is in order!

Not sure what you mean? It's a public vote, and you can see who has voted. Every person so far has been a member of this forum for some time, and this section is based on the jubilee ave membership status. Donkey voters would be identifiable without much assistance.

The Major

Bench
If Red V For Eternity gets the nod, please, pretty please double or triple size the "V" to really really emphasize it. I went for "Fire Up" & "We are one We are Many". If we were St George United, then the United we Stand would be a no brainer. I get what youre getting at Anth, perhaps something along the lines of "Brothers in Arms" or thereabouts would be much more suitable.

AJ_82

Juniors
I think the concept re donkey voting Macca was that those who don't care whats on the back would just pick the first one or two on the list, similar to how you would do so in a political election (except for those who get inventive and vote for Mickey Mouse instead!). In saying that, I highly doubt that would exist here given the membership as you noted.

I dont mind any of them, although I do prefer 2 from 1 as my votes ... the only one I really don't like is the united we stand one .. sounds like union workers on a pickett line wanting a pay increase which is all well and good, but doesnt fit what i want on my footy scarf thanks!

big pat

Coach
one question, would you be allowed to use redv considering its used by st george for its supporters pack.

The Major

Bench
I highly doubt they have legal obligations to worry about to the colour and word 'red' and moreso the letter "v". Used in a sentence as such, "Red V for eternity" compared to if it was "Red V" on its own should suffice to have used without any problems. Anyhows, it would cost the club 5000 fold on what the scarfs cost to get the ball rolling to follow up any legalities to fight the so called injustice (according to some) should we dare use any of the figuritive terms of our club, eg saints, st george, red v, dragons, etc). Plus why would they want to railroad the proactive measures taken by their core diehard supporters of whom the majority are paid season ticket holders, and who also almost religiously buy a jersey and perhaps a scarf and/or other bits of Dragons paraphenalia each and every season?? Personally, i'd say they'd embrace it rather then kick up a stink. If managed properly with the right people inside the club, even just a courtesy tap on the shoulder saying, hey guys.. we are doing this and we are doing that to further strengthen and build our supporter base which in turn will benefit the team and the club with future higher ticketed member sales, etc..
I highly doubt there'd be anything to worry about whatsoever. More effort needs to be put into making it work and gaining a postitive out of the hard work thus far put in rather then procrastinating about things that may or may not happen. Put simply, you just dont know till you have a go.

Last edited:

Doug2234

First Grade
Red V for Eternity just sounds fruity to me.

Not to mention giving others ammo i.e. No Premierships for Eternity....

But that just my opinion. Either way ill grab a few..

Last edited: