What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Are you forgetting weeks 1 & 2?

I said it before & I'll say it again, I'm sympathetic to Canberra's situation & they should be able to host a game in week 3 if it works out that way but you turn a blind eye to every other teams disadvantages, which there are a few.

Any relation to Skeepe?
I'm not forgetting anything.
Any final we earn the right to host with the exception of the Grand final , should be played in our home city , same as almost every other side in the NRL.

This home region rule is utter bullshit !

TheFrog

Coach
Should be
Week 1: Club home ground, no restrictions. Let the fans have it.
The trouble with this, under the current system, would be that 5 and 6 get a home ground final and 3 and 4 don't. If they were to return to the McIntyre system it would be fair and reasonable.

TheFrog

Coach
So ?
He said venue dumb dumb
Lol
It is more feasible for large numbers of supporters to travel from Canberra to Sydney for a big game than from Townsville to Brisbane. Got it now?

For goodness sake, you are guaranteed one home final if you make the top 6, stop whinging.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
It is more feasible for large numbers of supporters to travel from Canberra to Sydney for a big game than from Townsville to Brisbane. Got it now?

For goodness sake, you are guaranteed one home final if you make the top 6, stop whinging.

Oh so it's got nothing to do with the prelim final being a premier event & Canberra not having a suitable venue then ?

Now it's all about feasibility
I mean forget fairness & equality
We shouldn't be located so close to Sydney should we ?

Seriously
Wot rubbish...

MilkShark

First Grade
lol arguing that playing in your own ''city'' is an advantage. Maybe for 1 club cities which is the mega minority here.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's the NRL's decision where finals are played. Teams are not 'entitled' to them, the NRL is entitled to dictate where they're played.

It really is that simple.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah I guess if the Bulldogs fans have to put up with playing their finals at Homebush then we should all be happy with the rules.

skeepe

Immortal

No, we aren't. That's the whole point moron.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and win in week one, we don't get a final in Canberra at all.

13/16 teams are allowed to host a week 3 game in their own city. The other 3 are forced to cede that hard won home advantage. At best, it becomes a neutral venue, at worst the team that didn't earn that home advantage actually gets it.

Imagine Canberra, Newcastle or the Gold Coast finishing 3rd, winning in week 1 and then having to play their "home" final at the home ground of their opposition who may have finished as low as 8th. What a ridiculous system that is.

carcharias

Immortal
It's the NRL's decision where finals are played. Teams are not 'entitled' to them, the NRL is entitled to dictate where they're played.

It really is that simple.
f**k that is geniused way to look at it.
Only because it just so happens to suit the Bulldogs I guess.

It isn't a fair competition the way it is.
The draw is not fair and even
The schedule is not fair and even
The finals venues are not fair and even.
No matter what you say
It still won't change the fact that the comp is not run evenly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Bulldogs are completely f**king irrelevant to this discussion. Once upon a time finals were all centralised, controlled by the NSWRL/ARL/SL/NRL. They're still controlled by the NRL now.

As for your other complaints - whilstever the NRL has to pander to

- networks requests
- stadia availability
- club requests

The schedule/draw will never be even or fair. Ever.

carcharias

Immortal
If the Bulldogs were in the raiders shoes you'd change your tune.

They deserve a game down there
If they come above the Cowboys and the Cowboys get one .
It is embarrassing .

Worst run sporting competition in Australia .

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Just with the Warriors, if we host a Pf it would certainly be at Eden Park, but I agree with the sentiment of Raiders fans. you'll get 26-27k which isn't far off what melbourne got. you'll also promote the idea of scarcity, hottest ticket in town and all that. Canberra ftw.

TheFrog

Coach
No, we aren't. That's the whole point moron.

If we finish 3rd or 4th and win in week one, we don't get a final in Canberra at all.
I realised that after posting. Moron. There is no perfect system. Moron.

So I guess you are going to have to be happy to have a successful football side to support for the first time in many years. Moron.

Raiderdave

First Grade
lol arguing that playing in your own ''city'' is an advantage. Maybe for 1 club cities which is the mega minority here.
Lol
Ok then , play a final your team has learnt the right to host down here & see how you feel about it

The Sharks v the Titans in Canberra
That has a nice ring to it doesn't it lol

Raiderdave

First Grade
Just with the Warriors, if we host a Pf it would certainly be at Eden Park, but I agree with the sentiment of Raiders fans. you'll get 26-27k which isn't far off what melbourne got. you'll also promote the idea of scarcity, hottest ticket in town and all that. Canberra ftw.
It would be nuts down here
Literally nuts if we hosted a prelim against any opposition.
And destroy any gains the GWS have made down here instantly too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts