What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Thread

roboshark

Coach
Even the ones you leaned on who supported you? Short memory.
Which I appreciate. That's why it surprises me you are being such a dick. Half this forum at least are consistent with the negative stuff. I hardly post in game day threads during the game and apart from Klein I don't get it. Anyway what ever floats ya boat I guess

roboshark

Coach
Imagine being a souths fan. You were flying and signed Wighton which lead to losing f**king nobody. You win like 5 games in 18 months since.

We have f**k all money. We are balls deep in all 3 grades. We are close if we can close some gaps.
U reckon it's the same group next year apart from AFB?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Which I appreciate. That's why it surprises me you are being such a dick. Half this forum at least are consistent with the negative stuff. I hardly post in game day threads during the game and apart from Klein I don't get it. Anyway what ever floats ya boat I guess
1726922923959.png

Special K

Coach
U reckon it's the same group next year apart from AFB?
I think he is our chance to go to another level. When we drop a game it is usually because we "got bashed". AFB doesn't. I think he will make everyone in the spine better because we haven't had a prop like him and we have been one of the best teams in the comp on paper.

Panthers have to come back to the pack at some stage but we have said that about the Storm for like 15 years.

Special K

Coach
Flabbergasted if any additions are above the Billy Burns level given what we have in the lower grades and cap pressure. But look at how we found Talakai, Hunt, Williams, Iro, Tuku and others for nothing. Iro for example was a lower grader at the Knights who couldn't crack it there or the Warriors and then spent years in our development structure.

Conspiracy would be there is a grand plan to sack Oregon and Williams to do something but I'd put that at under 1%. Not how Fitz does business. Mooney talked openly about how he views the roster in 5 year blocks. That makes the Stonestreet situation interesting to me that is because I don't know the plan as interested as I am. I love all 3 wingers and would hate to see any of them at another NRL club but all would walk into most.

ragzouken

Juniors
Flabbergasted if any additions are above the Billy Burns level given what we have in the lower grades and cap pressure. But look at how we found Talakai, Hunt, Williams, Iro, Tuku and others for nothing. Iro for example was a lower grader at the Knights who couldn't crack it there or the Warriors and then spent years in our development structure.

Conspiracy would be there is a grand plan to sack Oregon and Williams to do something but I'd put that at under 1%. Not how Fitz does business. Mooney talked openly about how he views the roster in 5 year blocks. That makes the Stonestreet situation interesting to me that is because I don't know the plan as interested as I am. I love all 3 wingers and would hate to see any of them at another NRL club but all would walk into most.
You gotta earn ya spot under Fitz and once your in your expected to be there forever, he is a good coach, players like iro and trindall would leave other clubs due to a lack of communication and direction, if stoney gets in it’s because he has earnt it over others.

SharkShocked

Bench

You’d have to think Katoa is likely the one most under pressure.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Did the Sharks get Finucarnay's 2024 money exempted? Still haven' heard or seen anything about that.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
You gotta earn ya spot under Fitz and once your in your expected to be there forever, he is a good coach, players like iro and trindall would leave other clubs due to a lack of communication and direction, if stoney gets in it’s because he has earnt it over others.
you're

DJDL

First Grade
Sorry I meant our team will be the same group right. No more additions really I'm guessing

I think the plan is tapping into what we already have.
As @Special K says below, we have all three grades either in the GF or a prelim.
Surely there's some in the lower grades that can be brought through.

We have f**k all money. We are balls deep in all 3 grades. We are close if we can close some gaps.

I'd be interested to know what you think the gaps are.

For me, it's still an absolute game breaker or strike weapon out wide.
I don't know how Dykes will come back after basically 2 years out, but I'm hoping he can provide the spark from the back which we don't get from Will.
I love Will, he's been good for years now. But I think it's time to start moving on from there.

Throw Stonestreet onto the wing and that's a couple of handy additions to the backline.
And it's Katoa to go for me. I have a love/hate relationship with him. I love some of the things he pulls off, but man he's got a f*&k up in him - passing after held, stripping the ball after a tackle is complete, spilling an absolute sitter etc.

Other than that, I'd like to see Sifa play at lock. We've seen what he can do but we need more of it.
And lastly, get Tuku up to fitness to play longer minutes than he currently is.

All of that, with AFB on top, is arguably a completely different side to what we have.

Is it enough to go to the next level?
Dunno, but I'm itching to find out.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
I cant believe you guys looking at Sione as a weak point. In a team that is a bit devoid of game breakers, hes a shining light. I would put him up there with the top 5 finsihers in the game and probably has 20 - 30 trys to his name he had no right to score. I was critical the other night of our timid 2nd half performance but one piece I liked from him was where he made that break. Normally he would have gone for that with risky pass, kick or trick play but instead he took the tackle got the quick play the ball. He knew we had to get to the repeat set & not hand the ball over in open field position.
I also dont think ive seen a player more hard done by with the 50/50 calls. HAs he ever won one? That was 100% try the other night.
Stuff happens around Sione , & I will say , Stoney the same. Winger is high impact position where injuries are common & to have 4 strong wingers in the club.
But, Sione is our number 1 , number 2.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I cant believe you guys looking at Sione as a weak point. In a team that is a bit devoid of game breakers, hes a shining light. I would put him up there with the top 5 finsihers in the game and probably has 20 - 30 trys to his name he had no right to score. I was critical the other night of our timid 2nd half performance but one piece I liked from him was where he made that break. Normally he would have gone for that with risky pass, kick or trick play but instead he took the tackle got the quick play the ball. He knew we had to get to the repeat set & not hand the ball over in open field position.
I also dont think ive seen a player more hard done by with the 50/50 calls. HAs he ever won one? That was 100% try the other night.
Stuff happens around Sione , & I will say , Stoney the same. Winger is high impact position where injuries are common & to have 4 strong wingers in the club.
But, Sione is our number 1 , number 2.
Recency bias. He made an error.

Latest posts