What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Thread

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think the plan is tapping into what we already have.
As @Special K says below, we have all three grades either in the GF or a prelim.
Surely there's some in the lower grades that can be brought through.
I reckon Flegg has 5-6 guys who could graduate into the NRL over the next 2-3 years. None for next year though. The captain, Samuel McCulloch, played almost the whole semi yesterday. As a 13. Kid seems to have an enormous motor at weight for age.
I'd be interested to know what you think the gaps are.

For me, it's still an absolute game breaker or strike weapon out wide.
I don't know how Dykes will come back after basically 2 years out, but I'm hoping he can provide the spark from the back which we don't get from Will.
I love Will, he's been good for years now. But I think it's time to start moving on from there.
Will's fine. He's not a lights out player but for what we pay him he is value. Take out the kiddie wave of fullbacks he'd be close to one of the lowest paid fullbacks. So we get what we get proportionate to his paycheck. With Disco, it will be interesting to see how he recovers and rehabs. He may lose speed, agility, swerve, sidestep and take time to get it all back. He's had a risky procedure on his knee and we don't know if it was a success.
Throw Stonestreet onto the wing and that's a couple of handy additions to the backline.
And it's Katoa to go for me. I have a love/hate relationship with him. I love some of the things he pulls off, but man he's got a f*&k up in him - passing after held, stripping the ball after a tackle is complete, spilling an absolute sitter etc.

Other than that, I'd like to see Sifa play at lock. We've seen what he can do but we need more of it.
And lastly, get Tuku up to fitness to play longer minutes than he currently is.

All of that, with AFB on top, is arguably a completely different side to what we have.

Is it enough to go to the next level?
Dunno, but I'm itching to find out.
Still no X Factor.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I dont know how many Wingers in the comp Id have over him? MAybe Coates? Probably Lomax? Fox no? I dunno, who?
Notwithstanding that contracts mean SFA here's a list of off contract wingers in 2024

Solomon Alaimalo, Dean Ieremia, Edrick Lee, Corey Oates, Siteni Taukamo, Young Tonumaipea, Setu Tu, Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega

Then 2025 are

Josh Addo-Carr, Selwyn Cobbo, Robert Derby, Haze Dunster, Jojo Fifita, Sione Finau, Tony Francis, Robert Jennings, Alex Johnston, Edward Kosi, Israel Leota, Ken Maumalo, Marcelo Montoya, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Tyrone Munro, Xavier Savage, Charlie Staines, Sam Stonestreet, Christian Tuipulotu, Semi Valemei, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

18th and 19th teams coming. Talent at a premium. Better to work from within and keep developing guys we have and then try and keep them. Only buy value add players and the odd high level guy if we can get them.

R-15-3

Bench
Only positions I think we may need to go to market for is bench utility forward / backrowers to take sifas roll and a depth hooker.
I’d like to see Sifa be used solely as a middle next year. Berrells time is up imo.

Inferno

Coach
I would wager Sione would not be on huge bucks either.

Between he and Will we're getting damn good return on our investment.

It's just because a few in here have no lives but would no doubt wilt if were face to face

After the year I've had the self appointed inner circle in here have zero credibility with me

*Waits for laugh emoji

Well I don’t really know what this is all about, but I like ya Robo.

Don’t let it get to you mate.

SharkShocked

Bench
Recency bias. He made an error.
He’s also a cat on a hot tin roof. More prone to errors and a weakness in the air.

Great finisher not in question. And not an insult to say that if you had to move someone on it would be him. Teams have to clear paths from time to time.

Hunt for AFB extra $ etc.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He’s also a cat on a hot tin roof. More prone to errors and a weakness in the air.

Great finisher not in question. And not an insult to say that if you had to move someone on it would be him. Teams have to clear paths from time to time.

Hunt for AFB extra $ etc.
Not an insult and I ain't married to retaining him. I do think though. we can overreact in the heat to small things of the moment. In the bigger scheme of things most errors aren't calamities and errors in general are expected. It's a hard game. 100+kg blokes crashing into 2 or 3 of the same ilk is going to cause errors. Fatigue will cause errors. Being targeted consistently will cause errors. There are a million other reasons.

It's also surprising to see exactly who is making the most errors, It's not the usual scapegoats

Sorry, it's a bit small

Shark errors 1.png
Shark errors 2.png

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Nice use of spreadsheet however, thsoe errors should be weighted. eg. Williams. Always come at the worst possible moment & location in a match.
Screenshot from FOX Lab actually.

I'd wager despite Willy's worst stuffups there'll be others up there with him. Bring on the weighting. Like Violet for instance.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Gee, golly, gosh there's some good players in the top 20 errors list. Don't count Stinkwater in that. He's a bum

Screenshot 2024-09-22 at 2.43.26 PM.png

roboshark

Coach
Looking like sharks woman. To play roosters in semi as they need to beat eels by 20 to get 1st. They are doing that with heaps time left

Latest posts