What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Thread

Special K

Coach
I think the plan is tapping into what we already have.
As @Special K says below, we have all three grades either in the GF or a prelim.
Surely there's some in the lower grades that can be brought through.

I'd be interested to know what you think the gaps are.

For me, it's still an absolute game breaker or strike weapon out wide.
I don't know how Dykes will come back after basically 2 years out, but I'm hoping he can provide the spark from the back which we don't get from Will.
I love Will, he's been good for years now. But I think it's time to start moving on from there.

Throw Stonestreet onto the wing and that's a couple of handy additions to the backline.
And it's Katoa to go for me. I have a love/hate relationship with him. I love some of the things he pulls off, but man he's got a f*&k up in him - passing after held, stripping the ball after a tackle is complete, spilling an absolute sitter etc.

Other than that, I'd like to see Sifa play at lock. We've seen what he can do but we need more of it.
And lastly, get Tuku up to fitness to play longer minutes than he currently is.

All of that, with AFB on top, is arguably a completely different side to what we have.

Is it enough to go to the next level?
Dunno, but I'm itching to find out.
It is hard to work out the gap. Most teams have a few rep players and shit. We have a lot of 7-8/10. Our bench is one of the best in the league and I reckon our 18-20th would be up there too for 2024.

Every time we drop a game it is because we got bashed and didn't go forward. I think AFB closes that gap. Other than that it would be another spark in the spine was my thinking. Tricky and the game he put out there could be that spark. Brailey has improved and shown he belongs. Nicho is going to be better for all of these finals games. Kennedy had a great game on the weekend but if we need to swap someone out it is unfairly him. Ison could be the guy. Or do we move on say a Sifa and Hazo along with Will to find an elite option on the open market to bring in JC and Tuks?

Also I love Sione. I am a proud resident on Katoa island. Long live the tongan fisherman.

Latest posts