What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Freak2

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Geez,

Full price, that's $180k a season you'll never get a return on.

How's Blake Green going Wobby?

We don't need Finch but I know all the Newy boys have an opinion of him, so I guess Hagan may think he can add something to our squad. I doubt very much that we would be paying overs for him though!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:
How's Blake Green going Wobby?

We don't need Finch but I know all the Newy boys have an opinion of him, so I guess Hagan may think he can add something to our squad. I doubt very much that we would be paying overs for him though!!

now! now! Freak..

he did sat it was 95% certain he was going to the Dragons that 5% can be real killer you know. ;-)

StEely Matt

Juniors
Taken from "Tigers and Souths join Myles race" (http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/tigers-and-souths-join-myles-race/2006/07/17/1152988472159.html)

Finch has a year left on his contract with the Roosters, but it is understood the Roosters would not stand in the way of his leaving. There does not appear to be a long-term future for Finch at the Roosters, with young halfback Josh Lewis coming through and Craig Wing at hooker.
The Eels, having missed out on Melbourne's Scott Hill, who will play out his career in England, desperately need a five-eighth and see Finch - with his utility value - as capable of filling that role.
The switch would only come off if Parramatta were prepared to at least match the money Finch is on for next year, but it is anticipated that will happen.

cooba

Juniors
The "Finch Curse " the Crookwell Witch put on him has two years to go- Roosters have never won a grand final with him playing. Collingwood had to get a witch doctor to remove the curse imposed on the team a few years ago. The Roosters will be very relieved to have this monkey off their back!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Mate, could you please in future have a look at what's already been posted before you create a new thread?

ta

StEely Matt

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mate, could you please in future have a look at what's already been posted before you create a new thread?

ta

Sorry.. sometimes I couldnt be bothered looking through 5 pages of rubbish comments :roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
StEely Matt said:
Sorry.. sometimes I couldnt be bothered looking through 5 pages of rubbish comments :roll:

you've only got to look at the title and maybe even the last page or 2 and you'll see that the link has already been posted.

eel4life

Juniors
Heard on the Nine News Progam talking about Parramatta being the likely place he would end up.

Lets hope he gets home sick and goes back to canberra.

if we want a 5/8th we are better of getting monohan from manly he can play 5/8th half back and hooker.

But then again how long has it been since we signed that other mess carriage 98 we were due for another mess of a player, our club is renowned for such brilliant moves ....

If there is no one to buy dont buy just for the sake of buying ..

Parra Guru

Coach
We should at least give him a go. We don't really have a choice.

But look what happened to Ecca when he was coached by Ricky. 4 games in first grade. Maybe Finch deserves a fresh start.

Suitman

Post Whore
yy_cheng said:
M Witt is supposedly on $200K. Finch is cheaper than Witt??

I know the list is small, but Witt is on the list of players I was happy to see go.
I'm glad the club saw it that way as well.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
Suits, I don't want him back, I was just surprised at Witt's salary. Kane Cleal's supposed salary is huge too.

To be honest, Finch would do ok behind a good pack going forwards.

number8

Juniors
eel4life said:
Heard on the Nine News Progam talking about Parramatta being the likely place he would end up.

if we want a 5/8th we are better of getting monohan from manly he can play 5/8th half back and hooker.

If that's the case, why'd we let Morris go?

If there is no one to buy dont buy just for the sake of buying ..

Spot on. We don't have to spend up to the cap.

Maybe the current situation with Morris & J Smith, going & Tim injured has bought on thoughts we are going to struggle for depth in that area? I'd like to see Marsh & Green given opportunity there after Tim. Hagan however, may have other plans/ideas about the pecking order & roster.